12 Week Challenge Check-In 04/25

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning ladies! I thought I'd see somebody else here before me!I've got to be quick, time to get the boys up for school!

This morning was 3 easy miles, then shoulders and biceps from MIS.

LONG thread yesterday! Good to see everybody around and doing well.

I'm in the MOOOOOOOOOOD for an all-step workout tomorrow. Anybody want to join me??? YOU NAME IT!!!!!!!! I've got them all!

BBL after DS gets on the bus!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Good morning Gayle!
today's workout: p90x plyo X OMG!! what a workout! I"m drenched! LOL

I'm so proud of myself! I went all DAY yesterday w/ NO DT COKES!!! woohoo for me!!!

I hope everyone has a good day!

Tigger: got your post..thanks for the info!:)

is anyone else posting their food daily?

take care:)
Gloria

quick question for all!

I'm pretty good about eating during the week. It's the weekend..mainly sundays, that wrecks my eating. How much damage am I doing here? anybody do the same??? HELP!

Kathy: I hope you talk to your boss about the eating! PLEASE, surely he can learn something from you, you think??? hahaha...don't worry about that rootbeer!! you did good!

take care:)
Gloria

Hey challengers. I won't be able to post in the check in everyday b/c I just don't have enough time but I will try to when I can.

So far I'm doing pretty good. Lost 2 lbs already. (the same lbs that I keep losing, gaining, losing).

I had a great day yesterday. No coffee, drank over 100oz water, did IMAX2 and walked 3.5 miles.

Today's workout is KM.

Gloria, I'm not posting my foods here but I do keep a journal.

Gotta run! Have a great day all!

Good morning!

I did a pilates leg workout, but still plan to do a weight or cardio later on in the day today.

I had a good breakfast today. I hate cottage cheese just eaten out of the container (hate the sour taste and the texture), so I whipped it up in the blender and added a little bit of cocoa powder and a little bit of sugar. I put it back in the fridge to get colder and cut up an apple. Then I had the "chocolate pudding" and an apple (it's good to dip the apple in the pudding too)

Hi, everybody.

Gloria-I will post my meals when I have the time. Some days are better than others! If you want, go right ahead and post yours. It's always good to see what others eat...gives me different ideas!

Here's my planned menu for today:
B: Smoothie
L: Steamed Broccoli with white rice and garlic sauce (friends and I are going for lunch at Chinese and I'm carb loading, lol)
D: Pork Chops and Taco Soup
S: Yogurt or air popcorn

Usually, I have a snack between breakfast and lunch, then again between lunch and dinner. But today, I'm having lunch earlier than normal and Chinese ALWAYS fills me for hours.

As for the weekends, I guess it depends on how out of control you get! LOL. Seriously, how much and what are you eating on weekends that you're not having during the week, and why? I just got a handle on my OWN weekend eating, so I'm not much to give advice. What helped me is to just look at the Saturday and Sunday as any other day during the week, just that the kids are home. I've changed my mindset that way. It seems to be helping. I do everything just like during the week...I plan my meals for the day, I prepackage things like snacks and veggies, I journal and I exercise. Just like every other day. Another thing that's really helped the last 2 weekends is that I make myself a SPECIAL meal...not a CHEAT meal, just a special dish that requires a little extra time and different ingredients. This past weekend, I made the Squash & Onion Frittata and although it was really healthy and clean, I felt like I was cheating. I'm already looking forward to my next special dish this weekend! I hope that helps you some!

Great job, everybody!

Gayle

12-Week Check-in

Glory! Day 10 of my challenge arrived with good news. I decided to weigh every Tuesday morning and every Saturday morning for the rest of this challenge. As of this morning, I am 5 pounds lighter (thanks to drinking a gallon of water a day and with a little help from my cycle). The 4th of July is 10 weeks away, so I will need to keep dropping 2 pounds a week to reach my goal. I am now 80 pounds below my top weight with only 20 pounds to my challenge goal and 50 pounds to my ultimate goal. :7 Glory!

I did the second segment of Total Body Stretching before I went to bed last night. This morning, I did a Leaner Legs homemade circuit with a 5-minute interval of cardio gliding after the warmup and after each set of calf raises (except the last set before going down to the floor for abs). This is my favorite Cathe lower body workout, and the cardio gliding adds a lot of fun to it. My butt and thighs are on fire now!

I have a celebration planned after work, so I will be facing my first big test of this challenge. I will be meeting friends at Cheddar’s to celebrate a friend’s birthday. This will not be a free meal for me, so I could really use any restaurant survival tips you want to share.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: 12-Week Check-in

Good Morning Go Getters!!!

Yesterday I rode my bike into town with son (14 miles). Did Coremax 2 when I got home. Today I will do either lowmax or Imax 2...can't decide and then work chest and do 1 set of BBM's w/weights. I have DOMS in my lats so I guess I will have more tomorrow too and then the next day! LOL!

I got lots of watermelon in the frig so I will be eating alot of that early today with everything else I usually eat.

Cheers~

Charlotte

Oops...forgot to check in yesterday.

Yesterday I did Firm Super Body Sculpt and a 20 minute walk on the treadmill with the incline at 7. I really enjoyed Super Body Sculpt. It was nice to do a workout that was quick and straight to the point.

Food yesterday was good.

Michele

Good Morning.

I have DOMS from yesterday's U/B work out. }(

Today it will be Kickmax kickbox/bootcamp premix, Cardio Kicks arm drill and KPC ab work. }( }(

I'm off to eat my first meal of the day:

#1: kashi cereal w/skim milk

then I will get Joey up and taken care of and I plan to go to TJ Maxx to see if I can find another pair of cheap jeans for myself and maybe a pair of capris too. I think I have enough shorts. :)

TTYL!:7

Good Morning Ladies. I just got finished doing a 5 mile tempo run. Holy cow was I sweating bullets with this one. The sweat was dripping off of me and hitting my leg as I was running. Then I did the abs from all step. I got 32 oz of water down so far and I'm off to eat some oatmeal mixed with some protein powder.

I am so proud of all of us. I really think knowing I have this challege going has kept me honest. Check back later. karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good Morning fitness ladies!!

I am so proud of myself, yesterday i stayed at my daily calorie count...wooohooo!!!
I didn't get a chance to do SS yesterday, my mother was babysitting for me and i found out yesterday she can't do it any longer and i am scrambling to find someone to do it for us on a parttime basis:-( . if we can't find someone good and reasonable i will have to quit workingx(
This morning i did Imax2. I was gonna do C&W but when i looked at my DVD it looks like someone spilled something on it???????? it wouldn't play. My dh's nephew was here last week so i suspect he's the culprit but i can't blame him because i didn't see anything. I got most of the way thru Imax2 and it started messing up so i jumped on the treadmill for the remainder of the time. I am so disappointed:-( . I will definitely have to re-purchase this DVD because it is one of my all-time favorites.

Gayle- I would join you- except I did Imax2 today so no step for me tomorrow. Tomorrow for me is PS legs & abs.

Gloria- Yay for you, no DT cokes!!! Sat. are my poor eating days. I wish I could get that under better control. for some reason sunday's i am able to reel it back in;-)

Dana-check in when you can. i love seeing the pic of the little ones:)

Heather- Congratulations you are doing great!!

Charlotte- mmmmmmmm watermelon:9 . I must go shopping:)

Hello to all that follow. Have a great day everyone!!

Wendy- sounds like you a working out to a goodie today. i must try that workout one of these days!

Good morning, ladies! I have not been able to keep up with your threads, but I just wanted to indicate I am still in on the challenge. :) I am doing the Butts & Guts rotation with Kali and we are on week 2. It feels great and I love being so accountable!

Hope you all have a great day!
Marie

Hi Girls,

Just getting my lazy butt out of bed.God...this coffee is good!:9

I to have done really well this far and I get excited everytime I think about it.Then I think "Lori, its only day 6,come off of it" LOL! But its the longest time I have been motivated I think.Thats why I am so happy!

I am planning on running later and I was thinking about changing my rotation a bit but I think I am going to wait until Week 5 to do that. I am now doing UB 1X, LB 1X, FB 1X and circuit 1x. And I was thinking of doing UB 2x, and LB 2x.Yesterday was PS UB and I upped the weights and Im not sore today:eek: I think I am going invest in some 25 lbs dumbbells.

*Gayle*, what were you thinking of doing tomorrow? Imax 2? Sure, Ill do it with you but only if you will do L&G with me after:eek: I understand if you don't want to though b/c you have a run coming up plus, you may not have the afternoon free like myself.I won't be able to do it until after lunch though.

*Gloria*, good job on the diet cokes! I thought about having one last night b/c I was getting a little hungry but my hungier just stayed at a stand still so I chugged a glass of water and had a nap at work.
I would be careful on Sundays if I were you.You should start your day out as normal and if I cheat meal or treat sneaks in there then thats o.k but I wouldn't over do it.You can do a lot of damage in one day!

*Wendy*, I must have made you feel bad yesterday.You not talking much...I didn't mean it...your not a bad mom...I don't think:p ;) :)

*Charlotte*, your pretty quiet to. Your busy building muscle aren't you?:)

*Dana*, good job on the 2 lbs! Hopefully they won't come back!

*Karen* I love those kinds of runs.I did alot of them this past winter and it really upped my endurance this yr. I passed the same people 2 x yesterday when I was out for my run.I felt bad b/c I know one of them! LOL

*Sunnydelite*, good luck with the babysitting.I think I would be trying to decide if I wanted to lie to DH and tell him that I couldn't find anyone, just so I could stay home! LOL Maybe you could find a teenager soon, school is almost out.

O.k..that was long! Hi to everyone else! Im gonna browse the site, get DD some lunch, and myself, then I am going for a run.Apparently the clouds are suppose to be rolling in and rain is coming so I want to get out before that happens.

Lori:)

Hi everyone:

Well - I MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I survived my all day meetings without losing my control and eating everything in sight. My day started yesterday at 7am and the last meeting was over at midnight - UGH - I'm a little sluggish today. I ate REALLY GOOD, though, all day and the scale was down this morning. I weigh-in at WW tonight, so keep those fingers crossed for me and I'll hopefully have a great report tomorrow (or maybe later tonight). I am so swamped now today, just catching up and getting things started that were discussed in all those meetings. Today is just flying by, again.........

Have a great day everyone - STAY FOCUSED!!!

~Marcia~

Lori,

Trying to get my house cleaned and knowing what workouts are ahead of me today. Got to conquer the world!!!!!!!!! Not easy to do it all sometimes! Lori, so far when I don't have the select weight I need, I incorporate. I just have a hand bar and throw on some plates...and presto....45#. I am el cheapo lately. Trying not to buy, but pay off instead.

I don't have time to read all the post, but it looks like everyone is loving a challenge and is nice to see so many post!!!!!

Charlotte~~

Lori, I'm telling you I got a treadmill in Nov. and have been hooked on running since then. Sarah posted some awesome runs that I just took and literaly ran with. Never in a million years did I think I would enjoy running let alone be able to go for milage. It is so nice to be able to mix up Cathe steps with running. I for one was always doing step because I'm not big on Kickboxing and I hate hate hi/lo aerobics. One to many kids for me to be hi/low ing. If I would have had a fourth child my bladder would be shot. LOL

So far today I have eaten

B- oatmeal- pro powder- flaxseed and banana
S- small slice of flax/ cranberry/ banana bread. ( any one want the recipe let me know and I'll post it)
L- veggie burger on two slices of ezhiel bread and squash

So far so good. Karen

Charlotte, I hear ya on being cheap.Its gonna kill me to pay $30 for one dumbbell! It a dollar a pound! LOL Housework is getting the best of me to.Its tidy here but no one likes to clean up after themselves or put things back where they find them, which would make my life a little easier.I think I am soon going to leave their things around, while I clean up my own!

Marcia,let us know how it goes! Everything is crossed over here!

Heather, I forgot to congratulate you on your 5lbs lost! That awesome.

Karen, I hate kickboxing but I make myself do it.It is a good arm workout and I am getting better at it, but I use to dread doing it! And leg workouts...hate those to! I have to mix things up when I am on the treadmill cause time is to long when you are just running.I usually watch a movie or play my handheld tetris game.

So far today all I have had is,

Cottage cheese and water
WW english muffin, 1 egg, 1 egg white.

Snack with be BFL bar
And meatballs and rice for dinner.I am ahead of myself b/c I have them in the oven now.It will be less stressful when I have to get ready for work and my dinner is already made.

Lori:)

Good Morning All,

When I first saw the challenge I thought I would secretly play along..without fully commiting to the check-in and not posting my goals. Well, lets say I need to commit. I took before pics today- what the heck happened to my camera? I think it is broken... (sigh) The scale was an ugly reality check.

Anyway- I hope it is not to late to start? (I started last week, but am posting goals today.)

I am off to do Lowmax. Yesterday was a 4 mile run and MM.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.