12 Week Challenge 05/23

Annabelle2

Cathlete
Morning!

Karen - Yes - I am seeing great progress so far - down 3 lbs total and feel great - eating more....go figure??? Of course officially it is 1.2 lbs since it is not weigh in day yet -- we will see! Those pushups in GS kill me - it is on line for me tomorrow! Toes....did you say toes.... - YOU are the warrior!

Gloria - Thanks -- I have a Polar F11 and I LOVE it...it figures your VO2Max and that really makes it more acurate!

SunnyD - Way to go on your 3 miles!!! I find Cathe very motivating also....I cannot wait for the workouts to come out!!! When she heals properly of course but I am so anxious! Way to go getting your workout in!

Heidi - Thank you -- I feel like a warrior!! Last night I threw away the rest of the cobbler because it was calling my name and I did not have one bite!!!!! Thanks for the recipe -- my guys will love it I am sure! ooohhhhh BODYMAX! It has been a while - it never stops!

Wendy - your rotation sounds wonderful! Great workout! S&H legs is no good for me but the upper body work is fantastic!

Heather -- I am sure you are still under some emotional stress -- the break will be good for you. I think you are doing especially fantastic!

Workout for today:
I had a good one, I did TJ Fat Blaster and did the last interval twice and got in my 25 minutes HIIT plus warm up and stretch. 31 minutes, 228 calories burned, HRM 123 Average/169 maximum

...I changed my plan to cardio today!!! - I basically flip flopped today and tomorrow!

Food For Yesterday
M1 - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg
M2 - 3.5 oz turkey breast, 2.5 oz sweet potato, 5 almonds
M3 - 3 oz chicken breast, 3/4 cup brown rice, 1 tbs peanut butter
M4 - can of tuna, 2.5 oz white potato, 5 almonds
M5 - grilled flounder, 1/2 c cucumbers, 1/2 c grilled squash fresh from my garden, 3 almonds, 1/2 tb peanut butter

Have a wonderful day!!!

Kathy- I am so glad to hear about the weight loose. Man that is just fantastic. It's just amazing how other people can figure out just the right amount of food intake after we seem to try and do it all our lives. That is just wonderful. I really was hoping that it was too little food on your part and maybe that was the answer for me as well. I have been eating more ,but right now the scale is holding still. This is TTOM where my body just holds on to eveything so I don't really let this particualr week worry me. I did wake up feeling leaner this morning but still holding onto the weight. Does this make sense? I felt less bloated and more deflated. Like my skin was tight even though the scale had not moved. I dont' check bf for another two weeks so I will stay the course until then.

Today for me is 5 mile tempo run and then 30 min of yoga. Enjoy your day everyone.

Wendy- I hope you got some sleep last night.

Forgot to mention my chest is SORE this morning!!!!

karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning ladies. I'm tired this morning, I'm sitting here drinking a green tea and trying to come alive! ;)

Today was supposed to be Step Fit but I've been encouraged by Marla (aka smoogy) to try and do MIC. I'd love to see if I actually can live through it, so that's my mission today. I'll definately need my preworkout snack and coffee today! Sometimes I get bad and enjoy the coffee too much and and surf too long, but this time I'll have to be more focused on getting right to my workout.

I hope you all have great workouts today.

By the way, Heather you sounded like a different person last night...much lighter and more focused. :D

Heidi

Hi, ladies. I've been MIA since Friday. I toook the boys camping this past weekend and yesterday was a lot of catch-up on house and yard work...not to mention battling the head cold I caught while camping! UGH!

But, I was determined to fight the cold and get the week started off right. Yesterday I did a 5 mile tempo run and this morning was PLB and Core Max 3. Feels SO GOOD!

Kathy-i agree that it's great once you figure out what works best for YOU! Keep up the great work, and telling us all the details!

Karen-that tight, leaner feeling is something I feel too, and your words expressed it perfectly. That's the feeling I keep in my mind when temptation creeps in!

Heidi-You'll like MIC. Just take it as it is....2 cardio workouts. I really like it. Be sure to let us know what you think!

Gayle

Good to see you back here Gayle! Too bad about that cold, that's a bummer. What a great workout you got in today!

I'll definately let you know how MIC goes. I've heard to make it more doable you should do the hi/lo last....but I only have the VHS copy so I'll have to do it as is! :eek: :)

Heidi

Done the tempo run and the yoga. Feeling good. Now to eat my oatmeal.

Popping in to say Welcome home Gayle. I hope camping was fun.

Heidi- Let us know how it goes. Like I said last night mine has been sitting on the rack since I got it. Other than the hi/lo part I have never done the whole thing.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Hey there ladies!

Today is U/B endurance work, abs and a rebounder work out. It's gonna feel great to lighten the load on my lower body. I ran 2 days in a row this week and I have never done that before...

Kathy: Still kickin' butt I see! Woo hoo! Do you like the Turbo Jam work outs? How intense are they? I have my Cathe-intense, I have my Rebounder-instense but I'm missing the middle ground for a home work out.

Karen: It's funny...sometimes I wake up feeling lean-n-mean (LOL!) and get on the scale to find I've gained a pound or two and then a week later I'll wake up feeling not so fabulous and the scale will have gone down...GO FIGURE!:7 BTW, I DID get sleep last night! I gave Joey some tylenol right before bed just incase and either it worked or he wasn't going to get up anyway but whatever the case...mom got uninterrupted sleep. YEAY!:)

Heidi: Good luck with MIC! Let me know how you like it! I don't have it yet.

Gayle: Glad you are back! We missed you!

Edited to Add:

Anyone talk to Lori lately? I haven't seen her post and I just want to make sure she's okay! I'm sure it's just the first trimester exhaustion that is keeping her away but it doesn't hurt to check.

Oh gracious Wendy, I was thinking about Lori this morning too. Someone find out how she's doing??!!

I can relate to the waking up feeling lean and weighing a little more, and then feeling kind of not so lean and weighing less...weird!

Heidi

Heidi,

I guess it just goes to show ya that scale is not to be SOLEY DEPENDED upon but just one of many tools used to "measure" your accomplishments!:)

I will email Lori.

>Don't you wish you had one of those body fat water tank test.
>I would love to have that done one time.
>karen
>
>www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

I would love that too Karen except that I'd be afraid they'd want me to stay submerged for too long and I'd drown!:eek: :7 ;) Actually, seriously, I'd probably get nervous feeling the PRESSURE of having to stay under for a certain amount of time and they wouldn't be able to do the test properly! LOL Unless it was for a real short amount of time like 10 seconds or something. LOL I'm a big baby, I know.:p

Now they have something called the Bod Pod which is used in health clubs that is supposed to be accurate and uses air, not water. I guess the water tank is more accurate but I think this version is very close!

Well I did MIC right before lunch, and I gotta say towards the end I had visions of posting things like "Cathe is CRAZY!!!" I had no idea, I mean yes I'd heard it was tough, but during it I thought surely the end is near, but it wasn't!!!! I wrote in my workout journal that it was the toughest cardio workout I've ever done. I thought Body Max was hard! Forget coffee, I should have made myself some espresso!!

All in all I burned 467 calories....does that mean I can go buy myself a couple of donuts now? LOL! :p

Heidi

Hi ladies,

Just checking in to say i am here, hehehe

Had to take ds#2 to dr. for 9mth wellness checkup. He's doing fabulous!! Also had a couple of big work projects to get out, still not done with work today:(

I am working out late today. i am waiting for dh and neighbor to get off work and we are going to the gym. my neighbor and i are gonna take a turbo kick class. I am so excited. I have turbo jam cp #1 and really like it. Still haven't tried spinning yet:( . not sure if i should just jump right into a regular class or start with the beginner's cycle. which they only offer once a week:(

aww, well. i will post later on to stay accountable.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

heidi-go on buy the donuts}( , just kidding.:D

Sunnyd, I'll buy donuts if they're whole grain, no sugar, and low fat.........LOL! ;-)

Have fun taking your turbo kick class!!!

Oh and I'm glad your DS is doing great, that's what a mother wants to hear!!

Heidi

hi everybody!
today's workout: cathe's bootcamp. I thought this was an easy workout for me. I think i gained some endurance using p90x. what da ya thinK???

Wendy: thanks for the info on your running. I will be watching you closely!!!!:):)

FEELING lean and mean today too! got on the scale and it hasn't budge at all! hahaha But, then again, few days before TOM...so maybe???

DONUTS are a NO NO NO!!! got it??? LOL!!!

MIC is hard. I haven't done that in awhile. Will have to check it out soon!!!

take care:)
Gloria

Wow Gloria, I've never done Bootcamp, I figure it would be too hard for me. Then again I did MIC from start to finish today, so I feel like I can do anything now!! LOL! }(

Speaking of no donuts allowed, I'm going away on a women's getaway thing that our church is doing and believe me, I'm the only one who eats as clean as I do. There will be lots of carbs, lots of sugar, loads of fat, and a sprinkling of alcoholic beverages (or more!). There are no malls or quaint shops where we're going so that means no power walking! LOL! I'm hoping some of us will go on a hike.

If I bring my protein bars, apples, bananas, baby carrots, soy burgers, low fat cottage cheese, bottles of water, GoLean cereal, soy milk........can I have a few treats?? :9 I wouldn't want to break any challenge rules! :eek:

I figure by this weekend my metabolism will still be rev'ed up by doing Body Max and MIC earlier this week! LOL! :p

Heidi

Hello Wendy, Kathy, Karen, Heidi, Gayle, Sunnyd and Gloria!

I have not been on the forums for weeks it seems like.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/v/fright.gif[/img] I wasn't even lurking!! So I emailed my dear friend Wendy and she reminded me I'm supposed to be doing this challenge with you guys. So here I am.

I just started the May 03' rotation which is Variety Training. I did Butts n Guts last month and saw some good results, then my eating went to hell for a few days and feel like my results went out the window.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/t/pissed.gif[/img]

So what is it you guys are actually doing here?
Someone catch me up to speed if you will. I really need to be accountable again with you guys. That's why my eating got off track. I don't do well alone. LOL.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/9/help.gif[/img]

Thanks!

Kali

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.