12 Week Challenge 05-16

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls:)

Thought I would pop in and there isn't anyone around yet:eek:

So how is everyone doing? Are they seeing any improvements yet? Ive been feeling pretty good the last couple of days. i am worse around dinner time and then through out the evening.I guess its better then being sick in the morning. In the morning, i am starving. If I told you what I ate sat...you would probably throw up..but I was hungry the whole day! Ive got about 2 lbs on...i thought I would have more the way i have been eating.
My workouts haven't been the best but I am getting back on the wagon with that today. I think I am going to do SJP and some more UB work.

Oh, i saw the post about Greys Anatomy...I love that show to. Its my favorite! I can't beleive we have to wait until Sept to see what happens!

Lori:)

Lori!!!! It's so good to see you here, I've missed your reports on how you're doing! I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm sure it'll be easier to get into some kind of groove with your workouts once the 3 months are past.

My workouts are getting done, and before this challenge it was hit or miss. I love the feeling of satisfaction in staying with my plan.

Do pop in here more often!! :)

Heidi

Hi, ladies! I've been MIA since late last week. It was a crazy weekend, with my son's First Communion Saturday, Mother's Day Sunday and my younger sis in from N Carolina. I played hostess all weekend for quite a few people, and it took its toll. But.....back at it.

Well, my eating has been downright HORRIBLE! The only saving grace is that I've been drinking TONS of water, so hopefully the food intake isn't as bad as it could have been to my poor body! I need to reign in the eating and get serious!

As for me, I've been contemplating a bunch of different ways to start my training for the Philly half and Marine Corps full marathon. Not quite sure YET what exactly I'll follow, but for this week, I started with an easy 3 mile run this morning, followed by Core Max 1.

Gayle

Hey, you're back on track Gayle and that's what matters....TODAY!

Hope you figure out a game plan for training for your marathons.

Heidi

Good Morning Miss Lori, Heidi and Gayle!

Lori, glad to see you around again finally! You used to be the one who would post first and bust everyone's chops if they were still in bed and now look at ya! You barely post at all! :p Glad to hear that you are doing well. Can't wait to hear when the belly starts to grow! I was sooo excited once I started to actually LOOK pregnant!:+

Heidi, being held accountable can really change the way you do things. I know checkin' in on the boards every day helps me to stay on the straight and narrow!:)

Gayle, a half and a full marathon? Please tell me these races are atleast a month apart!?!}( Wow girl, you are amazing! I am just looking forward to the day when I can seriously look into signing up for my first 5K!

So I weighed myself today and the scale was VERY low...it basically claims I lost 4.5 pounds in 2 weeks! I know it's very possible in general but I don't know if I believe it for me personally! We'll have to see if it sticks or not.

Good Morning fellow Challengers. It seems we all had a tough time of it this weekend ,but this is a new week and we all seem to be back on track which is the whole point. It really has been nice being in this challenge. Not for the challenge itself but for the things that we share here and learn here. We are all very similar.

I just got finished my speed interval run. I ran for 40 min covering 4 miles. I am working on bettering my time this Sat at my second 5k. Then I did 30 min of yoga. Wendy I can't wait for you to do your first race.

I am surprised at how well my water has been. I think it is making it easier on my with the nice weather because the other day when it was raining it was hard to get down 64oz. Off for meal one which is oatmeal and a glass of pom juice.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Wendy..START? Its already started! I look like I ate a big meal all day long and I am only 7 weeks:eek: When I look down at my stomach I can see it but when I look in the mirrior it isn't quit as noticable. I was warned with my second pregnancy I could pop within 8 weeks:eek: :)

I just finished LM and I feel like a million bucks...now I am off to do CTX UB..Im surprised I don't need a lunch.

Lori,

LOL! Need lunch!? It should only be like 10:30am where you are right now! LOL :7 Oh girl, you really ARE pregnant! ;)

Karen,

I have my days too where the water is just sooo hard to get down and then on other days it goes down so easy. Good luck on your 2nd 5K girl! That's fantastic!:)

Lori - I am seeing definition but not where I want, although any is better than none - I think I have a fix to the problem though...SO Glad to see you!

Heidi - It is really good to be on a plan and in a routine!

Gayle - I agree - We had a regular eat fest with all the company, food and goodies - I am afraid I have hindered most of the progress I made.....but back to it!

Wendy - Fantastic on the weight loss - kudos!!!

Karen - I just realized that I forgot to congratulate you on your race the other day -- shame on me!!!! You are right about the weather helping with the water - it has me for sure!

OK, I have really been MIA but I signed up with Karen Sessions for 12 Weeks -- she says I am in starvation mode and that is what is hindering my progress. She has upped my calories and carbs and put me on a slower workout schedule... this is to stoke the fires of my metabolism - I am pretty excited but I feel like I am resting. I don't know If I can keep doing videos for the weight work but I am going to try.

My plan for the week:
S - Rest
M - CTX UBS Back, Chest, abs, 20 min HIIT Cardio - I used TJ Fat Blaster
T - 20 min HIIT Cardio - I used 2nd half Imax2, Yoga Trance Dance (IMax stats 28 min 184 calories burned, HR 119 ave 151 max.
W - Leaner Legs
T - Fat Blaster, Yoga
F - CTX Bis Tris shoulders
S - 1/2 Imax

I have begun my new plan but took a brief interlude yesterday....I ate really good until dinner - I got to meet one of my YaYa checkin buddies. My DH took me to Houston to meet her, we went to dinner and then to an Astros ballgame and we had a great time! Anyway, I had a halfway indulgent dinner, not too bad and a beer and we had a great time! Now it is down to REAL BUSINESS

Kathy, I'm looking forward to hearing how you make out with Karen Sessions guiding you along. I'm going to really check out her site later on when I'm ready to be a little lazy, LOL! Here's the site for anyone else who wants to see:

http://www.theelitephysique.com/

Heidi

Good Morning ladies,

This morning so far I did 3.50 miles on the treadmill and abs from ctx powercircuit. I plan on doing the upperbody split from MM as i never got to do chest and back yesterday.

I haven't really seen the scale move too much except for up and down. So we shall see.

Gayle-what part of NC does your sister live in? i live in winston salem, nc.

Lori- seems to me my belly popped out the minute i confirmed my pregnancy the second time around:D

Have a great day and hard workouts everyone!

SEPTEMBER- How on earth are we going to wait until September..........sigh.....anyway

Wow- it's been a busy few weeks, getting back on track...... getting the intensity series and KPC plus L&G tomorrow!!! Can't wait!!! Hope everyone was a great day.:)

Kathy it sounds like you had a great time yesterday. I really think that the issue of not enough calories and my intese workouts are having me plateau . I just can't bring myself to slow down the workouts or get in the correct amonut of calories for weight loss without losing muscle mass. It's such a fine line. I do eat a lot but then I feel like when I though everything out of wack like I did this weekend it just comes right back on. I know it will come off again in a day or two but that still puts me back to where I was to begin with. Aghhhhhhhh!!!!! I have lost so much over the years and it steadily came off until it stuck at a set point which it has like I said for about a year or so. I just want to have a new set point but for some reason it is stuck in idle.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Hi, ladies.

SunnyD-sis lives in Wake Forrest and works in Durham. How close is that to you?

Sounds like everybody's busy! LOVE IT! Keep up the good work and keep on posting....it gives us all motivation!

Gayle

Good Afternoon ladies.

Kathy, best of luck with your new plan! I hope it works out great for you!!:)

I got back from the gym about 45 mins ago. After a 5 min w/u I started running at 5.5. I upped my speed by .1 at the end of every song I was listening to. I went up to and completed 6.0 and then cooled down. It came out to running 2.4 miles in 25 mins not including w/u and cool down. It was tough running with the DOMS I have from MIS yesterday. I stretched out at the gym afterwards and then again when I got home. I don't know what to expect tomorrow morning!:eek: }( :p Some say cardio will help leg DOMS so who knows....If I don't post tomorrow morning you'll know it was not true in my case b/c I couldn't get out of the bed!!!:p

Hi everyone.

Well my plan for Cardio & Weigths fell through last night so I got this morning and did it. Eating so far is staying in control, so I need to keep that up. Someone mentioned yesterday, about taking pictures at the 1 month mark. I don't think I'll see a difference at 1 month but I am hoping that at the 3 month mark I will have made some progress.

I love hearing of everyone's progress. I'm usually a very slow loser so I'm hoping it will add up by the end of this challenge. I am noticing a difference in my stamina so that at least is positive. Hopefully on Friday when I weigh in I will have good news to report in at the end of our first 4 weeks. Wow is has gone by fast. How is that possible?

Keep up the good work.

Jean

I did Imax 2 for the first time ever today. It's sneaky, the second half is hard! I survived though, but my face was red for about an hour afterwards! No doubt my body got a shocker, woo hoo! Hope it equals more progress in fat loss.

I made the kids oatmeal cookies today, and not a healthy version as I am known to do. I had one after meal #3 but I figured it can fit into today's calorie budget and I had it right after a meal so it wouldn't produce too much of an insulin spike.

Now to manage not to have another one for the rest of the day!! :eek:

Heidi

Hi Gals,

I seem to be coming around to my old self again! Toot..toot!! Don't been to toot my horn! LOL

You know how when you first get preggo, thats ALL you think about? Well, Im not thinking about it every minute of everyday anymore, which will probably help with time flying by plus I got a really good workout in today which makes me feel awesome!
Im really hoping this will keep up. We are having pizza for supper...can anyone say heartburn?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.