12 Week Challenge/05-01/Week 2

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I think I am the only one up these days! LOL:) :) I think I am super tired every evening so I go to bed early but then my 2 eyes come open at 5:30...so the reason I am tired in the evenings, is b/c I keep waking up so early and can't get back to sleep.I had my alarm set for 6 anyway so no biggie.

HOw was everyones day yesterday? I did o.k. I wanted to go for a run in the evening but when 9 o'clock rolled around I was just to sleepy.So I crawled into bed.
Now I am up bright and early to get my workout done. I am going to do a 45 min run and GS Biceps,Chest and Triceps. That will be the longest workout I have done sine I found out there was a bun in my oven:+

Oh and this is the other reason why I couldn't sleep:
http://www.suttonnl.ca/listings.asp?id=2158

I have this house on the brain, I love the house but not the area, its in a new part of town and is sort of out of the way. I would love to have a bigger house before the baby comes but Im not sure if its possible.

Have a good day everyone,
Lori:)

Lori - you are up early! I hope the house is possible - it looks really nice. I did Ok yesterday also and I fell into bed at 8:00 - I needed it though -- I finally feel recouperated! I checked out your pics the other day and you are right - you DO have thick hair already -- it is beautiful!

Heidi - The soup looks wonderful - it is already pretty warm here (Texas) but i still enjoy a good lite soup with a salad at lunch sometimes. It is one of my downfalls in the winter......I like to freeze things in servings also - it is very handy!!! Now I am curious about the bread!

Gayle - I am dying to hear how you did yesterday?

Karen- I am excited for you - I am sure you will do well! I hope you had a wonderful day with your family!

Fitmom - your little one is really cute! Hope your day was nice and that your DH feels better! I love SJP

Sheila - I love all the TJs that are cardio, I say get the new set and if you don't like the toning ones sell them on the swap. I love CP3 - it is my favorite although I don't usually recommend workouts because I myself am sooo picky....but I think I will buy the TJs as they come out just to have variety - I get really bored with my cardio. But then again, I don't have any of the turbo rounds - I hear they are killer -- do you like the one you have?

Sunnydelight - I try to never make my cheat day my rest day but it happens a lot! It feels so good to get back to routine doesn't it!!!

DaisyAnn - I work on my house a lot and I find it is good exercise in one way or another, I am sure you got plenty in!

Jean - Thanky you -- I always wished I got Fit TV here but I don't - Imax2 is probably my favorite Cathe cardio - I love everything about it especially the huffing and puffing!!! I think I am an intensity junky....

Heather - I am excited to meet you too! I love meeting my workout friends! I agree, every pound is a big deal and it is wonderful to have you here - you are extremely motivating!

OK....of course I changed my cardio for today -- I do that when I begin to get bored -- I did Hardcore Extreme 2 - Mix of Lomax, Imax2 and the blast from Kickmax -- 70 minutes, 461 calories, HR 120 ave/149 max

Now I am sweaty and hungry!! My food yesterday was good to OK -- I usually cook one big meal a weekend that my DH likes and he loves country cooking. I keep telling him we don't have to pick cotton any more that he doesn't need all that mess but he loves his comfort foods so....I made him - Meatloaf, soft fried potatoes, tomatoes and okra, hot water cornbread, a rootbeer float for dessert......and I had a little meatloaf and little tomato and okra.

Oh, and I am excited, I planted a few little veggies and a couple of cantaloupes and they are blooming - I will have some really fresh veggies soon -- have a great day!

Good Morning Kathy! I am just taking a minute to cool down and then I am off to do UB work.
My hair isn't as thick as it use to be and its not as curly either.I don't know what happened, just the fact that I am getting older I guess,
I may make an apt to go look at the house but with me not working next yr it could be tough.I guess I don't have to take the full yr off.We get a full yr off in Canada but the govt only pays us 52% of our earnings...so it will be a little tighter then usual.

Ok...enough chatting, off to finish my workout!

Good morning ladies,

I am trying to wake myself up so i can get in a run on the treadmill before everyone wakes up.

kathy- it does feel good. would feel even better if i could totally stick to eating clean}( . by the way can i come over to your house for dinner. sounds delish:D

Lori-canada has a much, much better maternity leave policy than the us. we don't get much if anything at all:-(

The May rotation looks great!! Anyone game?

I am off to workout. I will check back in later.

Good morning-yesterday I added pp legs to my workout after I had posted.Todays workout is done I opted for tae bo cc1 to early for me to run.
meals will be
1-raisin bran cereal
2-whey shake
3-yogurt
4-5-have no clue yet

kathy I will end up geting the new tj's it is just a matter of time:) I just bought the tk so I haven't got it yet.Hope to by the end of the week.

Good Morning everyone. Wow does my butt hurt. Not what you want to here first thing on Monday but this is a good hurt. I guess running 9 miles yesterday put some doms in the rear. Trust me I'm not complaining. So with the doms in the butt I am going to do PUB as soon as I type this out. Then the abs from MIS. I can't for the life of me get through the PUB abs with working my arms so hard on the pymarids. I usually go all out on these arms. Like 15-20-25 for the chest and then back down. For me this is all out and I try to do the same with all the other body parts to. The biceps in the workout to me are killer. I got on the scale today. Two weeks in and I have lost 2.5 lbs. This is fantastic for me since TTOM is in 6 days. I won't weight again for two more weeks where I'll do my measurements and bf. Right where I'm at now as far as weight is usually my set point. Between 144 and 148. I had gone a little over when this challenge started but this is where my weight always seems to fall in line. It's been between those numbers for two years. What I would love to do is bust past this platues with my running and get to 140lbs and have that be my new body set point. Like between 137- and 142. This would make me estatic. Just thinking out loud here.

Kathy- I just planted as well, and my sping onions are coming in just nice. I planted three bags so that means 240 spring onions. If anyone needs any the crazy what were you thinking onion lady has some. Really, each of my girls got a bag so that is why I have sooo sooo many.

Gayle- Can't wait to here from you. I was thinking of you all day yesterday

Lori- Don't worry your body will adjust after month four. I can always remember month four it felt like heaven being pregnant. The evening tiredness will pass. By the way the house is awesome.

Wendy- I saw your post last night and I've had nights like that. Today is a fresh day. You'll be fine. Plus yesterday you did SJP so it's not all bad.

Sunny D- I hope your on the treadmill NOW!!!!
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

HI Ladies!

I am done my workout and now at work with DH , just waiting for him to finish up some stuff so he can teach me a few things.I decided to work here a little bit to tuck away some extra money when the baby comes.

Sunnydelite- We do have good maternity leave, I heard they were going to up it to 2 yrs but I think that was just rumors. A yr off with your baby is awesome, isn't it? You guys only get 6 weeks right? Thats not long at at all!

Karen, don't you just love it when your butt feels it? I feel good today, now yesterday I took 2 naps but it may have something to do with the fact that I have cut back alot on my caffine intake as well. I may get sleepy later to, you never know what the day is going to bring!
I love the house but I know that DH hates the location, now if I could get him out to look at it then I know he may change is mind.

I should go and start learning, I suppose!

Lori :)

Good Morning!:)

Lori, NICE HOUSE! The kitchen is awesome looking! I have a thing for kitchens!;)

Kathy, TY re:Joey. The dinner you cooked this w/e sounds delish!:9

Sunny, Have a good run. I can't start Cathe's May rotation cause I am in the middle of Debbie's rotation right now and by-gosh I'm gonna finish it! LOL I get side-tracked sooo easily and have a hard time finishing rotations often but this time I'm GONNA DO IT!:+

Shelia, hey, have a great day girl!

Karen, 9 miles! WOW! Hopefully someday I can do that. Right now I'd be happy if I could get to 3! LOL ;)

Well, I have to change around the order of my work outs this week because I took my rest day a day early so it's cardio day today instead of upper body. The rotation calls for an IMAX but I am pretty sure that ***I*** am calling for a spin class!:p

Have a great day everyone!:)

Hi!

Lori-I agree with Wendy, because I also have a THING for kitchens!

SunnyD-I think I'm doing the May '06 rotation as well, starting later this morning!

Sorry, but I have to be quick, so I'm copying and pasting what I posted over at the Runner's Check-In about my race. No offense on not giving more personal posts, but I have to get DS ready for school.

1:52:07!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the numbers speak for me....my personal goal time was 2:05:00. I killed that! LOL

Thanks, everybody, for the vibes and words leading up to yesterday! I kept thinking of it ALL while running. It was as excepted...incredible, inspiring, motivating, emotional, UNBELIEVABLE!

There's just something about running that is so invigorating that I can't explain. I think you all know what I mean.

We had a great weekend. We met lots of people from Runner's World Magazine. My local paper interviewed me after the race to get my thoughts on my running, my fundraising for L&LS, my experiences, etc. It was wierd to answer those questions with simple answers like, "I run because I CAN", "I fundraise because it helps others", "I do this because it's just so motivating". Simple, yet they asked ME!

OK...the race itself. I lost my 2 running partners at mile 4, one caught back up with me at 6, but I lost him by 7 again! LOL. At mile 11, my coach from the Disney marathon and another teammate caught up with me and talked me to the finish line. Those last 2 miles are always the hardest on those long runs for me. All 3 of us crossed at the exact same time. All 4 men came up to me afterward and complimented me on how my running has "tremendously" (their word) improved since Disney in January.

I ran with no mp3 player, which I'm glad about. There were bands on every other mile and fans EVERYWHERE. My mom and Mike had all 4 kids there, and I saw them at miles 3, 6 and the finish line. ANOTHER VERY motivating factor for me. They joked that the fmaily memebers walk the race just to see us runners! LOL

OK...to stop the rambling. I'll wrap it up. I did very well. I thought of all of you. I thought of all the hard work we put in and I just let my body do the rest! I'm sure I'll have PLENTY more to say during the day! LOL

BBL

Gayle

Gayle, that's incredible! CONGRATS! Good for you, girl! I know that you are proud and darn-tootin' that you SHOULD be!:+ :D :+ :D :+ :D

Lori - that's a beautiful house, we're looking for a "new" house in the area we want to be in, I wish we could find something nice and affordable. But what a cute house. We're in the Maritimes too (NB)!

Kathy - don't be too curious about the bread, it has honey and molasses in it! I actually try to avoid eating it now, but hubby started a loaf this morning and it'll be done in 2 1/2 hours....oh no! Fresh bread!!

Karen - hey you know how much I love a sort butt! I'm happy for you! :p And I'm happy that you are more than ready for your upcoming challenge.

Gayle - Wow! What a weekend you had! How inspiring!!!

Hi to everyone else, I love reading what you're up to!

Today is CTX Power Circuit, I hope I'm up to it.

Edited to add that I've lost 2lbs from 9 days ago, so I'm pleased! I hope it was all fat!

Heidi

Here's the bread recipe Kathy, who am I not to share! :)

100% whole wheat bread

1/2 cup milk + warm water to make 1 1/2 cups (I do this because I don't have powdered milk!)
1 3/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. oil
2 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. molasses
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (swap some of this for things such as Red River Cereal, ground flaxseed, oatmeal, etc.)
1 1/4 tsp. bread machine yeast

Put in bread machine in the order recommended for your machine.

(1 slice: calories: 185, fat: 5g, carbs: 33g; fiber: 6g; protein: 6g). This is approx. depending on what grains you add to it. When I use it for a sandwich, I only use one slice and have half a sandwich, but it's way more filling than your usual grocery store bread.

Heidi

Karen- I completed my run! congratulations on your weightloss. i wish i had gardening skills..sigh

Wendy- then ny all means complete your rotation girl:)

Gayle- you did wonderful on your marathon!! we are all so proud of you. do you wanna have a may rotation check-in?

Later on deck in ps chest and triceps! bring on the heavy lifting}(

Lori- 6 weeks if you are lucky. no, that is no time at all:( . i think it's so unfair. i had to go back to work at 8wks(c-section)after first ds. this time i am fortunate enough to be able to stay home with second ds.

SunnyD-I am just going to do my check-ins here and on the Runner's Check-in. I can't keep up with too many! LOL

Gayle

Good Morning all!
Saturday's workout: ran 6miles
Sunday: rest
Today: ran 20mins and did p90x Core Synergistics WHEW!

for those of you interested. You know I have problems eating on the weekends. My goal was to PRETEND saturday and sunday were actually MONDAY and TUESDAY.

worked great on SAturday...not so great on SUNDAY...

back to the drawing board...sigh..

good on my DT. COKES:)

take care:)
Gloria

Hey Ladies-
I guess I am getting a late start today... Anyway- I am finally home and would like to get a run in and also MM. ( we will see )

That is an awesome time Gayle! You rock!! :)

Hey Gloria, we need to do better next weekend. I did really good Saturday and Sunday was not so great!! LOL I didn't even get any workouts in................it was a weird weekend. Just FYI, i stopped drinking diet coke almost a year ago. I am not sure why, but I know that I feel a lot better... Every now and again I think one would be good but I just drink water instead......but I still drink coffee! :p

Oh yeah, Lori i love the house!

Anyway- will check in later.

Heather

Gayle- i decided to not do the may rotation and just stick to the one i already made up. kinda similar anyway.
i just completed s & h chest and back!!

Another late poster here.

Lori, the house is very pretty. Canada’s Maternity leave is pretty cool. I took six weeks off after dd was born. Plus I had an hour commute once I went back to work, so I missed her for over 10 hrs a day. Needless to say, we weren’t the type of parents that put her to bed at 7 or 8 at night. She stayed up as long we did so we could spend time with her. Luckily, when she was 2 1/2 I was able to start my own business and keep her home with me, so it all worked out.

Kathy, what part of Texas are you in?

Karen, I hate plateaus too. I have been battling the same 5lbs for about a year. Finally, I busted it to go on vacation only to gain it back plus some. So hopefully this challenge will push me back closer to goal.

Tigger, I looked at Joey’s pictures. He is too cute.

Heidi, great job on the loss.

Gloria, good for you, even one day of change is better than none.

Heather, I’ll try to join you and Gloria on the improved weekends. I did better than usuall, but not as good as I should have. (Darn tortilla chips both on Saturday and Sunday)

Gayle, another congrats here. You did awesome.
Sounds like everyone is having a great day. My started out waking up after only getting 3 1/2 hours sleep. (this better not be the start of a pattern). Since I was wide awake. I jumped in my exercise. I did PLB and then took fatdog for a jog. Was just going to go for 2 miles, but ended up jogging for 45 minutes. I should sleep well tonight.
Tomorrow will be PUB.

Hello to anyone I missed or who checks in later.

Keep it Strong Ladies.

Jean

Heidi, you are in NB? Wow, thats not far at all! I don't think DH is going to look at the house. I showed it to my mom on line and she loved it...now...if I could only convince her to buy it for me;)

My day as been pretty good. I wasn't feeling well after lunch but I think it may have been my prenatal vitamin, I think it can do that. Other then that, I had a little lay down and then I got called in to work:-( But like I have said a million times...I won't care when I get my pay check! LOL

This thread doesn't have has many visitors..do you think some have paked itup and moved on. Im the only one with a real good excuse you know!:7

Ya Lori, we're practically neighbours considering how wide Canada is, LOL! Is your hubby convinced to start looking for a house to fit your soon to be bigger family?

Hey you know, I think you're right about there seeming to be less challengers than in the beginning. Oh well, I'm just so glad to be doing this.

CTX Power Circuit was my scheduled workout for today, and for a Monday morning, it was tough! LOL!

My meals for today:

1. Go Lean cereal + blueberries, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, soy milk; grapefruit juice
2. muesli cereal + soy milk, 1 hard boiled egg
3. six bean salad
4. chicken , 1/2 sweet potato, broccoli
5. Tuscan Chicken & White Bean Soup, 1/2 slice ww bread
6. (not sure)

Hope everyone feels good about their day!

Heidi :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.