12 Week challenge/04-30/week 2

gidget1978

Cathlete
Hi Girls,

Just a quick start again today.I am up early and went to bed around 10:30.I wasn't going to get up if I were sleepy but again, I lay there for a while so I thought...its just as well!
So I am going to run today.I am not sure how far I will get.A part of me wants to run for an hour and then another part of me wants to run for 30 min and do GS S,B,B.I could always do something tonight to but I could be sleepy by then.

I was talking to my sister yesterday who was talking to a Dr she works with and she said that i can do what I always did before...but then my sister told her just how crazy I was with the exercise! LOL So the Dr said I should buy a heart rate monitor and not go above 60-70% of my resting heartrate.ANd of course not as long, but I knew that.BUt its nice to know I can still do things!

Jean, I was hungry yesterday. I could have ate anything in sight but I am not sure how I feel yet today.I almost feel a little "Ugh".I eat when I am hungry and even if I am not at meal time.I want to get lots in me now b.c I may end up not feeling so great in the next couple of weeks so I will get in what I can now.

ALright, gotta get this run in!
Lori:)

Hi, Lori......the early bird! LOL

RACE DAY FOR ME! I'm off to the races! See you all tomorrow!

Gayle

DaisyAnn - I often feel like the only one that listens to me is me!!!! It was rainy here too, just the morning though.

Lori - Good thing you have your vitamins going -- they always helped me feel so much more energetic when I was pregnant plus they made my nails and hair really thick!!! I was told the same thing about doing what I always do but you do need to watch your cardio I think....you don't want to exhaust yourself!

Heather - Don't be gloomy and blue - just think about how beautiful the rain makes everything after!!!

Jean - I would never make it without my breakfast! It is my favorite meal of the day - I occasionally do without dinner. Enjoy your step!

Heidi - your day yesterday looks good! I would like to have the soup recipe??? If possible!

Gayle - Good luck today!!!!!

Does anyone know if the is a website for Gayle's marathon?

My Plan for This Week:
S - CTX Back and Chest, TJ Cardio Party 3 - 76 min, 370 calories burned, HR 105 ave/150 max
M - Imax, Abs
T - CTX Delts, LL, 30 min cardio if I have time
W - CTX Bis, Tris, Totaly Hot Cardio
T - Step Works, Abs
F - ME and BC Premix
S - Rest/Yoga

Hey Girls!

Gayle, good luck today.I'll be routing for you and sort wishing I was running to:)

Kathy, I think I will see some improvements in my nails, I don't want my hair to get much thicker though. Im not sure how I feel now that I have been awake for a couple of hours.I ate a BFL bar after my workout but I almost had to force it down.And I am lazy now that I am at work. I am cutting my caffine more each day so that maybe why to.We will see how I progress as the day goes by.
You look like you have a good week planned, I think I am going to start one body part per day.

I did a 3 mile run today and GS Back and Shoulders. I would like to do something else tonight but I will have to see how I feel.I know my body is working extra hard right now so I don't want to do to much.

Lori

Hi Kathy! I'd love to share my soup recipe. To Karen I'm the "Soup Girl"! LOL! Here you go:

Tuscan Chicken & White Bean Soup

2 tsp. olive oil
3 leeks (white & light green parts cut into 1/4" rounds)
1 tsp. dried sage
1 tsp. marjoram
1 tsp. savory
1 tsp. thyme
3 McCormicks vegetable stock cubes (or your fav. brand)
8 cups water
2 can white kidney beans, drained, rinsed (I sometimes swap one for a can of chickpeas)
2 cups cooked chicken, diced

Saute leeks until soft, stirring often (3 min.). Stir in herbs, cook 30 seconds. Stir in broth and water, increase heat to high, cover, bring to boil. Add beans and chicken and heat through.

NOTE: I am much more generous with the amount of herbs because it gives a much better taste. I will add cut up fresh asparagus (in the saute'ing part) if I find it on sale, or celery.

I divide this up into 8 portions in plastic containers and freeze them. Each portion:

calories: 171
fat: 6g (34%)
carbs: 16g (25%)
fiber: 7g
protein: 16g (42%)

I find it much easier to compose a healthy meal when I have this kind of stuff around. It hasn't gotten hot here yet (east coast Canada) so soups are still enjoyable.

Heidi :)

Hey Heidi, You know I'm printing that one out. She makes a mean soup and she also make a really delicious sounding healthy bread. I'm proud of you Heidi for sticking with it. It takes a lot of commitment to follow through and I know this time you can do it. I'm glad you decided to check in with us. Your doing great!!!

Gayle- Good Luck. I hope the boys got there stop watch and there camera. I Cant' wait to here from you later.

Lori- I was told the same thing with my pregancies. Exercise ,but don't let the heart rate go over such and such. With my first two I didn't work out. My first baby weight 7lb 8 oz. and I gainged 55lbs. The second bady weighed 9lbs 10 oz and I gained 13lbs during that pregancy. She was all baby but since I was so overweight to begin with the doctor didn't comment to much on the 13lbs. She was 10 of it. My last child I gained 50lbs again but this time I did exercise up until 36 weeks. She was 7lbs 13 oz. I only did like Denise Austin, And Kathy Smith because I was only a beginner and never exercised before. Each of my deliveries and recoveries were smooth. I think exercise helped with the weight and health factor of my baby. I was hoping that by exercising with the thrid child I would have less side effects from baby blues but that was not true for me only. I'm sure others with that issuse it helped. You have to know your own body but just set limits.

Good morning to all others.

I have to get going dh and the girls are waiting for me. We are off to some bike trails to ride as mommy runs along side. I'll report back how far I went later. My 5k is in 6 days. I'm so nervous. This is my first one.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good Morning all of you early risers!

Good luck on the race Gayle! I know you'll do great!

Don't be nervous Karen...you'll kick some serious butt too!

Lori, how's the prego doing? LOL

Hello to everyone else!:+

Well yesterday was supposed to be SJP but I ended up not having time when I SHOULD have had plenty!:eek: Sooo...yesterday was my rest day and today is SJP day! This w/o will complete week # 2 of the Get Ready For Summer Rotation that I am doing. }(

Hope everyone has a good day. I'll be visiting my mom w/the little one today while hubby stays home in sick bay.

Morning everyone.Yesterday I had my cheat meal and was misrably full afterwards.I had to go grocery shopping and felt sick looking at the food because I was still so full.But it tasted good:p
Today will be p90x shoulders-tricep and chest and probaly a run.Food I have no clue because I am actually home to eat instead of working.
Kathy I love p90x do you like cardio party 3?I just bought the original set from qvc and loved cp1-my core was sore while I was doing it.I did purchase off yaya swap turbo kick 7.But I was wondering if I need the new set and cp2.What do you think?

Karen, thanks for your story:) Im wondering how much I will gain...I'll post pic's so you can see my huge behind:) :)

Wendy, preggo is o.k.I wasn't sure what I felt after I had been awake for a little while.Now thats pass and I am a little sleepy.

SO far today I have had:
M1-BFL Bar
M2-Oatmeal and prenatal vitamin

Lori:)

Hi ladies,

I didn't get a chance to check in with everyone yesterday. It wound up being my off day (unscheduled) and my cheat day:9 :-(
However today i bounced back with cardio coach # 4 using my treadmill!! I will also complete sm seg 1. had to take a break to feed ds breakfast, lol

Gayle- good luck with your run today!! let us know how well you did.
Wendy- have fun visiting with mom:D
Lori-happy preggo!!

Have a most wonderful day for anyone i missed and all to follow:)

Good Mid-Morning!

Well, I haven't gotten my workouts in this weekend but my eating has been okay. Hopefully, I will get some cardio in today. ( We have been working on the house this weekend..)

Talk w. you all soon.

Good luck Gayle!!:D

Karen, thanks for the encouragement!!! I'm so glad you mentioned the challenge in the first place, it's made SUCH a difference, you have no idea! :)

Heidi

Kathy: great job with your weekly plan. I’m lucky if I can plan 1 day ahead. Although this challenge is making me think more about what type of workouts I want to do each week.

Lori, maybe hair won’t get thicker, maybe it will just grow faster. I looked at your picturetrail and you have beautiful curly hair. What products do you use do keep the curl so together?

Heidi, thanks for sharing the recipe.

Karen, enjoy the trails with your family. Have you ran a 5K before? I keep thinking about one, but haven’t done one yet.

Tigger hope hubby gets better and doesn’t share it with you or the little one.

Shelia, enjoy your day off and make good food choices. I always do better at work than at home for some reason.

Sunnydelite, great job on getting the momentum going after an unscheduled dor.

Daisy, fun house stuff or chores?

Gayle, hope the race went well. Can’t wait to hear how you did.

This morning was Imax2. Having all 10 intervals made a big difference(compare to the shortened FitTV one. I was huffing and puffing.

Hello to everyone else.

Jean

I'm home now and I ran 9 miles today. The kids and dh had a ball on there bikes and rode the whole nine miles with me. I feel great. I love the good weather.

Jean - this is my first 5k. I'm nervous as heck. I actually went to look at the course I have to run Sat just to feel a little more calm. You should do it. I kept telling myself the same thing. I wanted to do one but never followed though. This time I did and I'm anxious but soooooooo excited.

Wendy- Thanks for the encouragement.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

12-Week Check-in

Wow! It is hard to believe that I have posted over 100 messages here in a little over a month! I must like this place! ;-)

I did the second segment of Total Body Stretching last night. This morning’s workout was Cardio and Weights. I will be starting a new rotation next Sunday, but I will still get to enjoy the step choreography from Cardio and Weights in the Terminator workouts.

My eating has been a little sporadic this weekend, but I have been eating clean and not overeating.

Summary for Easter to 4th of July Challenge Week 2:

04-23-06 Cardio and Weights/Total Body Stretching 2
04-24-06 Cardio Kicks + Ab Hits (CTX Kickbox)/Total Body Stretching 2
04-25-06 Leaner Legs + cardio gliding (homemade circuit)/Total Body Stretching 2
04-26-06 IMAX2/Total Body Stretching 2
04-27-06 Boot Camp/Total Body Stretching 2
04-28-06 rest/rest
04-29-06 Rhythmic Step + Ab Hits (Power Hour)/Total Body Stretching 2

I dropped 5 pounds last week with clean eating and the above workouts. I forgot to share yesterday that a friend took some pictures of me in a swimsuit last week. I look much better now than I did in the swim dresses I had to wear when I weighed 260 pounds. Of course, that is not saying much! ;-) These pictures were taken right after I dropped 5 pounds, and I am amazed to see what a difference 5 pounds makes. I think it is because I am short like Cathe. I need to start working on my PictureTrail so it is ready to share on the 4th of July.

I am hoping to meet my first member of this forum in June. Kathy (Annabelle2) is planning to come visit me. We are going to take her grandson to the zoo I love so much. :7

Wendy, I pray that you are having a blessed birthday! :)

Gayle, you have been in my thoughts and prayers today.

Gloria, how did you do with your eating this weekend?

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: 12-Week Check-in

Jean- It's good work. We put up trim, and my DH finished building a closet/shelves, etc. I made a whole list of "home improvements" that need to get done throughout the next couple of months. We plan on building a house in the near future, so this stuff needs to get done so we can sell/rent. ;-)

Heather B- Great job on the weight loss!

I took a really long nap today, so I better get to running! Actually, we went to lunch and we had a BIG desert! :eek:

RE: 12-Week Check-in

Good evening.

I did the SB/SJP 61 weight and step circuit this morning which was fun.

I ate like heck today...My food was as follows:

# 1) kashi cereal w/skim milk
# 2) turkey and cheese sandwich on ww bread w/reduced fat mayo and lf cottage cheese
# 3) I ate at a jewish deli for dinner with my mom:2 pickles, some matza ball soup, potato pancake (VERY fried!!!) appetizer w/sour cream & a kippered salmon and white fish salad sandwich on rye.

YIKES! I could not have destroyed my diet any worse except to say that to top it off, my water intake was also horrendous! :eek: :eek: :eek:
I'm done being bad though...my B'day is officially over in about an hour and I will be in bed before that so no more "cheating" for me!;-)

See y'all in the morning!:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.