100 Rep Challenges

Shericbuck

Cathlete
Hello, I would welcome any feedback on the 100 Rep Challenges. I would like to start incorporating them into my weekly workouts. I work 1 body part/cardio 6 times a week.

Does anyone mix the 100 Rep Challenge into your routine?
if so...How? and your results?

Thanks
Sherry

I was adding them in when I did an XTrain rotation a few months ago. But moving onto other programs they went on the back burner, although I really need to bring them back.

I did them two different ways. I would either do a 100 RC right after working the same body part (ex: after doing shoulder work I would add the 100 reps of lateral raises at the very end) or I would do them on an off day (ex: I'd do a chest & triceps or cardio workout then add 100 hip thrusts at the end). Just from my experience, I preferred to work the same body part on the same day to get a little more bang for my buck.

100 challenge

I have done the 100, actually more than 100 from Cathe rotation.

The lower body/ Glutes focused from Rock bottom and I have gained great result.

Due to result above, I have decided to use xtrain 100 challenge consistently by incorporating them as add on.

I prefer to add to segments working the same muscle group with aim to exhaust muscles. I will be adding 2 challenges per major group muscle meaning upper and lower.

All the best,

100 rep challenge?

What is 100 rep challenge...do you use light weights, heavy weights, no weights and when should it be incorporated into your workouts??

Lulu

Hi Sherry ,
I'm doing Xtrain , and have been using them as an add - on much the same way that Nathalie does , but I also use them, as well as the bonus burn sets, to hit my muscle groups a second time per week .

Thanks for your replies, (Dixiegirl, Nathalie & Kate A.)

My weekly workouts are ...1 body part/Cardio day. Then I also add on yoga.

Is this what my new workouts woud look like?

generic breakdown

Chest/Cardio - 100 reps of push ups or chest press
Back/Cardio - 100 reps of rows & 100 rep Hip thrust (Nathalie style-200)
Biceps/Cardio - 100 reps of curls
Triceps/Cardio - 100 reps of flat bench extension - 100 rep Hip thrust
Shoulder/Cardio - - 100 reps of lateral raises
Legs/ 2 taba's for warm up - 100 rep Hip thrust

I am going to change my yoga routine to include my Hubby. So our yoga will be in the evenings after work (I like to do 1 taba before yoga to get warmed up..hope he does, LOL!)

Kate A. I have also done the XTrain 90 Day Undulating. "Loved it". I did not even think about adding on the rep challenges & and the bonus add ons. Love the idea!!! Thanks! I may do 3 wks of 1 body part/cardio and 2 wks of the Xtrain and then repeat 3wks/2wks.

Thanks again. Sherry

Thanks for your replies, (Dixiegirl, Nathalie & Kate A.)

My weekly workouts are ...1 body part/Cardio day. Then I also add on yoga.

Is this what my new workouts woud look like?

generic breakdown

Chest/Cardio - 100 reps of push ups or chest press
Back/Cardio - 100 reps of rows & 100 rep Hip thrust (Nathalie style-200)
Biceps/Cardio - 100 reps of curls
Triceps/Cardio - 100 reps of flat bench extension - 100 rep Hip thrust
Shoulder/Cardio - - 100 reps of lateral raises
Legs/ 2 taba's for warm up - 100 rep Hip thrust

I am going to change my yoga routine to include my Hubby. So our yoga will be in the evenings after work (I like to do 1 taba before yoga to get warmed up..hope he does, LOL!)

Kate A. I have also done the XTrain 90 Day Undulating. "Loved it". I did not even think about adding on the rep challenges & and the bonus add ons. Love the idea!!! Thanks! I may do 3 wks of 1 body part/cardio and 2 wks of the Xtrain and then repeat 3wks/2wks.

Thanks again. Sherry

Hi Sherry,

Are you sure you want to do 100 challenge everyday?

I would do maximum 300 split in two upper body and 1 lower.

For example when you do push up, remember your shoulder and little of biceps and triceps are assisting. Push up is a compound. if you are a newbie on these type of challenge, give this drafted routine a try but listen to your body cause you do not want to burn out. It's just a suggestion.

All the best sherry,

Nathalie, Yes you are right this routine sounds..Let me say it "Crazy".

I am already doing 50 reps of 50 push ups 3 x's week. (Real/Knee combination) Here is what I am trying to accomplish.

I'm almost 50. Building muscle has always been tough for me. Even though I have been lifting for at least 5 years faithfully. If I don't do some form of Cardio (Hiit/taba's/Crossfire etc) 5-6 days, 20-40 mins, my weight will go up and then my scales don't like me.

I was thinking that by adding 100 Reps this might give me a extra push towards showing off some muscle. (LOL) Maybe I'm approaching this all wrong. In 2 weeks I may look in the mirror and say...what was I thinking.

I just want to prove to myself that I can have biceps/triceps defination by my 50th birthay. HA HA! (bucket list idea). My hubby got me a Cathlete t-shirt and I don't want to let Cathe down.

Thanks for listening/and advise. Alway enjoy reading your post. Sounds like you know your stuff about exercising. In two weeks pray that this crazy lady can still workout. Enjoyed Chatting.

Keep up the good advise.
Sherry

Nathalie, Yes you are right this routine sounds..Let me say it "Crazy".

I am already doing 50 reps of 50 push ups 3 x's week. (Real/Knee combination) Here is what I am trying to accomplish.

I'm almost 50. Building muscle has always been tough for me. Even though I have been lifting for at least 5 years faithfully. If I don't do some form of Cardio (Hiit/taba's/Crossfire etc) 5-6 days, 20-40 mins, my weight will go up and then my scales don't like me.

I was thinking that by adding 100 Reps this might give me a extra push towards showing off some muscle. (LOL) Maybe I'm approaching this all wrong. In 2 weeks I may look in the mirror and say...what was I thinking.

I just want to prove to myself that I can have biceps/triceps defination by my 50th birthay. HA HA! (bucket list idea). My hubby got me a Cathlete t-shirt and I don't want to let Cathe down.

Thanks for listening/and advise. Alway enjoy reading your post. Sounds like you know your stuff about exercising. In two weeks pray that this crazy lady can still workout. Enjoyed Chatting.

Keep up the good advise.
Sherry

Aww sherry---I am humbled you enjoy reading my posts:eek::eek:
Thanks for the compliment.:)

Hang in there your muscles will show up ;). Setting up those 50 building up to 100 push is a great idea. It is a strategy to gain more strength.

As to hiit, tabata. It is recommended to do it 3 times maximum not more.
Hope you are switching from high impact/multi impact to low impact to give your joints a break.

"Not letting Cathe down" I like your motivational quote:):) I do not want to let cathe down either. I want to make her proud so badly:cool::cool:

Bear with us all here in the forum.
There is a big bunch of friendly and helpful cathletes around :):):)

Hope to hear from you soon.;)
All the very best,

Last edited:
To sherry

Just to clarify.

To sherry,

If you are doing Hiit tabata premixes of 25 minutes per day 5/6 times, switching from high impact to low it is okay. :):):)

maximum 3 times if you are doing an hour or more of Hiit (cross fire, To the max and Imaxes). It is very demanding on your body but it's good cause you can get your cardiovascular fitness quicker.

if you like step, try to have one per week to balance cardio sessions.

All the best,

Nathalie, Good Day!

Yes, I mix up my cardio. I usually pick a premix. Depending on the intensity my cardio ranges from 20-40 mins. I don't/can't do dancy step. (plus my husband has two left feet-no dancy stuff for him)

With Cardio/weight (2'x week abs) (not counting yoga) my workout times are around 60 mins.

Thanks for your advise. I'm always open to learning how to improve!

Enjoy your day!
Sherry

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.