10# Challenge 9/21

Hello ladies! Well, I sure am glad I am not the only one who is having a hard time staying on track and I really appreciate everyone sharing their slips-ups and supporitng one another here. While I did really well with workouts, my food intake was far from ideal. Friday night was sushi and wine. On Saturday I had chicken chow mein, followed by a cookie and while Sunday's dinner had the potential of being not that bad (japanese cabbage salad and beef satays) I ended up dipping the beef in loads of delicious peanut butter and coconut milk sauce! Not to mention the wine that I had with dinner and some snacking that followed. Oy! I get really mad at myself when I do this because I can really keep up with my workouts but I don't see results because of weekends like this :(. I'm starting up again and hoping for some real results by next week. We CAN do this, right?

Workouts on the weekend were:
Fri: Rest
Sat: Plyo Legs (disk 35)
Sun: 4DS Kickbox cardio only, PUB, abs and waist from Squeeze Stronger.

Debbie, congrats on your weight loss! Now that's how you do it, I should really take some pointers from your clean eating. Are you following a particular rotation for weight loss? I am not quite sure what I should be doing. I was thinking of doing two upper body, one lower body, one circuit, and 3 cardio workouts per week. Does that sound reasonable? I have a bit of a hard time following a specific rotation but I figure I should at least have a guideline of what I want to accomplish each week. I would really appreciate your input. Thanks

Hi everyone. I did really good until this weekend which I did not eat well at all, but I still some how pulled off a half pound loss. Now to concentrate so tom cravings don't derail me totally.

Jean

Debbie, congrats on your weight loss! Now that's how you do it, I should really take some pointers from your clean eating. Are you following a particular rotation for weight loss? I am not quite sure what I should be doing. I was thinking of doing two upper body, one lower body, one circuit, and 3 cardio workouts per week. Does that sound reasonable? I have a bit of a hard time following a specific rotation but I figure I should at least have a guideline of what I want to accomplish each week. I would really appreciate your input. Thanks

Right now I'm doing STS and I'm loving it. I also try to eat clean Sun.-Friday and I let Saturday be my cheat day, but an under-control cheat day. It's hard, and some weekends if my dh and I have plans, the eating goes out the window. But I try. I'm eating around 1600-1700 calories a day and my macro ratio is around 30% fat, 40% protein, 30% carbs. When I get down to the last few pounds I'll try a zig-zag approach where I will eat three low cal days and then one high cal day with more carbs. That usually shakes my body up pretty good and I'm able to lose those last stubborn pounds. But we shall see. I seem to be having problems getting below 136# this summer for some odd reason. Hopefully it will come off.

I am a rotation person. If I don't have a rotation to follow I lose all focus. Maybe you should check out the Rotation forum, I have my rotations in one thread and someone posted Cathe's in another. I'm sure you'll find something there that you will like to follow.

Foods for today:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ 1/2 c. blueberries (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 (post workout)
M3: Whipped Vanilla BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: 4 oz. sliced turkey on 1 slice ezekiel bread w/thin slice provolone; 1 tbsp. raw almonds; peach
M5: 6 oz. Fage Greek Yogure w/1 tbsp. honey & 1/4 c. blueberries
M6: Parmesan Talapia; some sort of veggie
M7: Cinnamon Protein Pancake w/1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1622.5 calories
46 g. fat - 26%
168 g. protein - 41%
139 g. carbs - 34%

Right now I'm doing STS and I'm loving it. I also try to eat clean Sun.-Friday and I let Saturday be my cheat day, but an under-control cheat day. It's hard, and some weekends if my dh and I have plans, the eating goes out the window. But I try. I'm eating around 1600-1700 calories a day and my macro ratio is around 30% fat, 40% protein, 30% carbs. When I get down to the last few pounds I'll try a zig-zag approach where I will eat three low cal days and then one high cal day with more carbs. That usually shakes my body up pretty good and I'm able to lose those last stubborn pounds. But we shall see. I seem to be having problems getting below 136# this summer for some odd reason. Hopefully it will come off.

I am a rotation person. If I don't have a rotation to follow I lose all focus. Maybe you should check out the Rotation forum, I have my rotations in one thread and someone posted Cathe's in another. I'm sure you'll find something there that you will like to follow.

Thanks so much Debbie. I think if I allowed myself one cheat day (instead of the whole weekend!) I would make much better progress ;). I have STS as well but I need to get myself back to working out on a very regular basis first before I commit to STS. I did start it once before but then got sidetracked and only made it half way through meso 1 (I was NOT enjoying all those pushups). My plan is to commit to STS in November. I am hoping to be down 5# by that time and loose the remaining 3-5 with the help of STS. I know that last 3-5 will be a struggle for me, my body gets to a cerain point and just wants to stay there. Thanks for the tip on the zig-zag approach. From the sounds of it you are making good progress and those pounds will be gone before you know it! :D I will take a look at the rotation forum to get some ideas in the meantime. Thanks again!

Hi everyone!

Are we not posting on the weekend? I tend to avoid the computer then.

Well, I have absolutely nothing different to report, because I was far from perfect as well. The Tollhouse cookie bars just set the tone on Friday, and Saturday was off the wagon from about noon on. I am proud of myself that I got it back together on Sunday, and today is going well, too.

AND I got in 5 workouts last week, which is really good for me. Unfortunately, I can't see how I'm going to work out until Sunday .... my days are CRAZY this week. But I'm gonna try. I'm up a pound, but hopefully tomorrow the scale will be kind.

Casey - I did GS Legs the same day you did - I hadn't done it in maybe a year? I was totally dreading it, but of course, loved it once it started. What a gem of a workout.

Chrissy - Keep eating so well - your body will catch up!

Debbie - Well, now you know the water weight is gone. It's bye-bye fat from here on out. :)

Linda - So glad you picked yourself up. This is life - the difference you can make is how long you let it go before you rein it in.

alchat - Ugh. I hate moving, too. There should be an automatic 1,000/day calorie burn just for thinking of moving.

Gabrielle - Why do we post great eating and then blow it? I haven't figured that one out yet.
Jean - Congrats on your 1/2 lb loss, even with tom cravings.

I have the slamming sugar-withdrawal headache going again. Didn't I tell myself last week I wasn't gonna do this anymore. I wish there was some way I could bottle this pain and reuse it to remind me just how bad it is the next time I am tempted to eat junk. Gosh, anything that does this to you when you remove it from your diet cannot be any good.:confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.