#10 Challenge - 10/5

looking good

Cathlete
Morning Ladies :D

Well this morning was scale day :eek: and I got on taking a deep breath and I am happy to report that I have lost 4 pds :D.... I think the combination of me changing up my workout schedule and EATING CLEAN was it. I even did good this weekend in which I had to eat out twice... I made healthy choice and watch my portion size. I hope this continues....so with that said here is my eating plans for today

B - coffee, oatmeal with protein powder
S - apple
L - stuff pepper
S - apple / nuts
D - 2 meatballs and huge salad

If I get my sweet tooth either yogurt or I bought flavor teas so maybe a cup of hot tea to keep my fingers busy!!!:rolleyes:

Have a good day ladies

Therese

Nice job Therese!!! Woo hoo!!!

I lost another pound and I'm happy about that. I'm thinking STS is really getting my metabolism revved up. Hope it continues.

Why on earth is it so hard to change the ticker? Geez, I actually had to log off, clean my cookies out of my computer and then log back in for it to changed. WTF??? I changed it three times before it actually showed up right. :mad:

Hope you all have a great day!

Oh, and today I did Meso 2, Week 4, Disc 23, Legs. Only 1 disc left with Meso 2 and I get an active recovery week. Can't wait for Meso 3!

Wow Debbie - you are doing great!!!!

I should weigh myself but I didn't have a good weekend. I started running again along with starting the STS program. My PF is doing horribly but I'm dealing with that, but what has me really bummed is my left knee is hurting while running now!! I have never had knee problems.

Just don't know where to go cardio-wise from here. I am only 47 but geez, some days (it seems a lot these days) I feel like 107!

Debbie, awesome job on the lossing more!! High Five ;) I had such a problem with the ticker that I never that I just gave up :mad:..

Debbie, sorry to hear about your knee and hope it feels better. I understand about the PF because I have it too :mad: and sometimes it is better than others but when I start to do more high impact or I am on my feet all day it really acts up which it is today because I was on my feet ALL weekend doing charity event.

Therese

Congrats Debbie & Therese! You must be feeling great. :)

Well, I'm about ready to give up. I was pretty good all w/e--I did eat a whole wheat bagel both days & might've had an extra tbspn of PB here & there, but nothing even close to what my w/e is normally like, & I gained 2 lbs. I just cannot keep doing this to myself. We've been at it for what, a month now? And I've had virtually no progress at all. Maybe a net loss of 3 lbs, but 2 years ago I'd have lost the full 10 by now. :(

So I'm done. If I don't see any progress by this Friday, I'm eating a GD pizza & cancelling the diet. What is the point of deprivation if there's no payoff? I'm hungry, I'm miserable & I'm fat. :confused:

Good morning everyone,

Therese - Way to go on the 4 lbs! Congrats on the eating clean and smart food choices.

I, on the other hand, did not make any smart food choices this weekend and consequently, I gained back the 2 lbs I lost last week...:mad: Back to the drawing board AGAIN... Today I'm starting Cathe's Oct. rotation, and maybe I'll stick with it and become more focused. So it's Meso 1, Disc 1 for me today. I'm going to have to update the @&*#^^# ticker to increase the weight... Grrrr....

Debbie - One more pound! Awesome... I wish I could be as focused as you.

Debbie worknprogress - Sorry about the PF and the knee... I've never been able to run worth a crap, so I envy those who can, and I'm sorry your knee's now giving you problems. When I was doing 6 months of STS, I couldn't have even imagined throwing some running in there with it! STS kicked my behind (but in a good way, of course).

You ladies are an inspiration! Have a great day.

Well, I'm about ready to give up. I was pretty good all w/e--I did eat a whole wheat bagel both days & might've had an extra tbspn of PB here & there, but nothing even close to what my w/e is normally like, & I gained 2 lbs. I just cannot keep doing this to myself. We've been at it for what, a month now? And I've had virtually no progress at all. Maybe a net loss of 3 lbs, but 2 years ago I'd have lost the full 10 by now. :(

So I'm done. If I don't see any progress by this Friday, I'm eating a GD pizza & cancelling the diet. What is the point of deprivation if there's no payoff? I'm hungry, I'm miserable & I'm fat. :confused:

I'm sorry to hear this, Laura, but I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've been going through this all summer, it is just now that the pounds are finally moving off of me. I don't get it. Nothing much has changed with me except my workout rotation. Saturday and Sunday I ate crap both days and I'm still losing weight. So I'm happy about that. But I have been just as frustrated as you are this summer. I couldn't lose a pound to save my life.

I hope you do better this week, I hate to have you quit. But again, I think I'd have the GD pizza on Friday too! Wouldn't blame you a bit!!!

Laura - I already ate the GD pizza this weekend....:mad: and I feel exactly like you... "I'm miserable & I'm fat." (I omitted the "I'm hungry" part because I ate too much to be hungry...!!!!!!!!)

Don't give up! It's just good to know that we're all in this together. We can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Laura....I understand....last week I had not lost a pound yet and others were lossing and I felt down about myself but I have to say that this check-in has kept me focused! I did not want to be the only one who did not even lose a pound so the pressure was on!:eek:

I too sometimes feel like what am I doing this all for....I look pretty good and dammit I want that piece of cake....and sometime I do ;) but then other times I say to myself what do you want more....and sometimes I can get really focus. I have always wanted a tone cut look and being 43 I tell myself it is NOW or never!!! Of course we are always the hardest on ourselves :confused:. Hang tight....we are all here to root each other on :D.

Therese

Congrats, Therese and Debbie. Good work!

Debbie (WIP) - I always hated to run so applaud those that can do it. But if knee really bothering you it's likely the impact so try something less high impact like cycling or get on the elliptical and let the knee chill out for awhile. It can be frustrating but nothing worse than gimping thru the run.

Laura- From what I understand there is always some type of plateau. Don't beat urself up too much...;)

Denise - Way to get back on the wagon.

Myself, got behind in the blogs, work, etc. Had garage sale this weekend (I'm moving) and prepping for party on Friday so was not consistent at gym or with meals. Luckily the scale stayed the same, no more, no less.

Rode to the gym (very cold) did circuit and rode home, 800 cal burn. Had protein shake and vitamins for breakfast. Now on way to have massage (found GC from bday last year while packing).

Have a great week, ya'all!

Amber

Hi All -

I have been bad on checking in over the past week. I think if I would have I would have actually worked out... ugh... it has been over a week since I have done a workout. I just have to get back at it. The good news is that I have been doing pretty well with eating and my WW - and did lose 1.5 lbs last week.

My plan was to start STS again this week - but didnt get to the workout yesterday and couldnt get my butt out of bed this morning. I have to get my morning workouts going again.

Laura - Hang in there!

Denise - "I am miserable and fat " right along with you. DS's party was on Friday night in which I did terrible. Then I was not at home at all on Saturday and Sunday, so again the eating completely fell apart.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Okay so I lost a week to my goal, but I still have 10 weeks left, so I am good along as I get it together now.

This morning was Meso 3, Disc 34 Chest & Back. Workout was 68 minutes and I burned 525 calories.

Congratulations, Therese and Debbie!

ok ladies-
I joined this thread awhile ago, but kinda fell off the face of the earth. I just went through a major weekend binge that I blamed on my period. However, I am back on track and I want to lose a total of 30 pounds by next May. I got a new nutrition software pkg that really is easy to use. I can eat about 1750 calories per day and get to goal. Currently, I am on my 2nd month of p90x with no real changes, but I can't expect too much if I eat like poop. Meals today are:

B-2 egg cups, pc high fiber toast w/ 1 T smart balance, 8oz oj
sn-1banana, 1 T pb w/ 5 kashi crackers
L-2bean soup, 1.5 c salad w/ 2 T lite northern dressing
sn-24 almonds, one nonfat latte
D- 3 oz chicken sauage, 1c peppers and onion, 1/2 c rice

Should be around 1700 calories. Workout tonight is p90x CST and a 30 min run/walk.

congrats to all those who lost weight. don't give up to all those who are struggling. It's when we quit trying to be better that we need to worry.

Theresa

ok ladies-
I joined this thread awhile ago, but kinda fell off the face of the earth. I just went through a major weekend binge that I blamed on my period. However, I am back on track and I want to lose a total of 30 pounds by next May. I got a new nutrition software pkg that really is easy to use. I can eat about 1750 calories per day and get to goal. Currently, I am on my 2nd month of p90x with no real changes, but I can't expect too much if I eat like poop. Meals today are:

Theresa

Theresa
- What nutrition program did you get?

Shana told me about keyoe (keyoe.com). It was $18 and you download it. It has pre-programmed food, allows you to enter your own foods, and tells you calories needed for different goals. It really is simple, and you can control how ocd you become :) which I am going to try not to do. I really needed help with my macros and fiber intake. I think it's gonna help me be very honest.

You can try a demo if you're interested. I thought 18 was a lot cheaper than the nutrtionist I went to see (and gained 10 pounds after I went to her).

T

Way to go Debbie, and Therese!! Anne nice 1.5 lb weight loss!!

Laura, hang in there. What does that small dynamo in NJ say? We're all in this together? 3 pounds is excellent, and I bet 4 and 5 come this week. Then go get some of that pizza!!!

Debbie- how about kickboxing? It's my favorite low impact work out. Just watch the torque. Or the elliptical is a great idea.

Denise, Linda and Theresa, way to get back at it.

Amber- 800 Calories, WTG!! Enjoy the massage!

My food choices on Friday night were truly alarming. Crappy, rainy night and movies lead to chocolate and cheetos with a candy corn chaser. Ugh. Saturday was better and today I have been back at it. Just throw it behind me and start anew (oh, and banish those blasted cheetos and nasty evil little candycorn forever from the pantry) Workout this morning was Stepblast.

Last edited:
Hi ladies! This weekend was interesting, I was down on Sunday morning but up this morning (went to a party yesterday - didn't eat a lot but it wasn't all that balanced or healthy). Things should look better tomorrow.

So I'm holding steady at 5# loss but I think this will be a good week. I've made it through TTOM. I think my body has adjusted to the initial loss and I think it is all real now as opposed to just fluid/bloat in the beginning.

I'm going to have to be more careful with my calories now though (I had been around 1700-1800) at this slightly lower weight, I may need to trim another 100-200 calories to get the remaining 5 pounds off.

Workouts have been messed up because of busy kids' schedules. I've decided to take a full week off running to let my achilles heal fully so I'm sticking with cardio and cadio/weights workouts.

Congratulations Debbie and Therese!!! AWESOME JOB! I hope to be able to report more losses this week too.

I hope no one quits because they aren't happy with their progress so far (ahem - Laura). I know it will happen for you if you keep trying. This check in group I find very motivating. :)

Well, you ladies have inspired me. That and I got on the scale after not being on one for a while. So, I've made up a food journal and even got dorky and made a little graph. Hopefully, soon I'll see it in a downward pattern. Also decided to do the 8/09 rotation to sort of shock my routine up a bit. Have kept up with my workouts, and the eating has been pretty good. We'll see.
Laura hang in there. Could it be your body doesn't feel it has any more to lose?
Cookie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.