♥♥♥ Mommies-to-be ~ Week of Jan 24 ♥♥♥

Krille

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Sorry, that I am starting that thread so late, but everyone of our preggo ladies is more than welcome to start it.

Everyone who wants to check in with us, is more than welcome to (Judy and I know there was somebody else). The more the merrier and I won't be checking in here for very much longer ;).

Yes, I am still here :p. 39 weeks since yesterday and at my Dr.'s visit I was 3 cm and 80% effaced. So I am moving right along. I just can't believe how un-patience I am this time around, I am so ready to hold my little baby boy. I guess, with the first one, you don't really believe they ever come out and with the second one you know what happens and it makes you more ansy.

Bummer is, that I found out that my Dr. won't be in town from Thursday until Sunday, so I guess at least I know that's when our little boy is deciding to come, right? :p

I got in my 6 30min treadmill workouts last week, but I guess walking doesn't make him come any faster either lol.

Liann - I don't think I responded to your post last week. I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on the baby girl and I am so glad to hear that everything looked normal, so no Trisomy 18, yeah!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I think I wrote enough :rolleyes:. Good morning to everyone who follows and I hope everyone is doing well.

I'll be back later
Kristine :)

Last edited:
Kristine-Glad all is going well.

I doing really good. Baby is growing and moving a lot. Still lifting weights 3 days and week and cardio 3 days. I am adding a section of Stretch Max after each cardio. It feels so good to stretch.

Hi Ladies!

So sorry I've been MIA a lot lately. We've been having a rough week. Last Wednesday I was up with my 3 yr old most of the night (bad dreams mostly, she wasn't sick) and after getting through most of the following day I became violently ill mid-afternoon and stayed that way until morning. I don't know if it was some weird bug or if I was just way overly fatigued. Anyway, around 7 that night I started having BH contractions that turned into something more. They were coming every 4 min and were painful-- radiating into my back & legs. Just like labor with my first pregnancy. Thankfully I got to the doctor, and was able to get everything stopped... they think I just got so dehydrated from being sick that it triggered things. They did a fetal fibronectin test to check for impending preterm labor, but fortunately that test came back with good news too. So now I'm just being monitored a heck of a lot more closely, and really need to cut back on my activity level. Probably no more trips to the gym for me, but that's okay. I'd much rather scale back and keep everyone healthy!

I'm doing much better now, but am constantly exhausted. Last week really took it out of me, and so I've been pretty much limited to taking care of the kids, cooking meals, and getting as much rest as possible! I'm at 26 1/2 weeks, so we're getting to the homestretch here! Our goal is to get to 36 weeks... so less than 10 weeks left.

I'll try to get back for personals later, I need to get DS to preschool and get a couple things accomplished this morning before I hit the wall. Hope everyone is doing well!

Kristine: Hang in there! You're nearly there!!!!!!!! :D
Amber: CONGRATS on the baby girl!!!!! How fun. Little girls are so sweet. I'm so happy to hear that everything looks good.
*waves to & welcomes the new mommies-to-be!*

I am starting to feel like a "normal" person again, this week is my 12th week and almost out of my first trimester. I have been noticing i can stay up later at night and all together feel better, energy wise. I have my obgyn appt today, i get to hear the babys heartbeat. very exciting! I am hoping to get back into my excercise routine a little bit more now that i feel better i am really only getting in 1-2 days a week, but i am on my feet all day at work.

Kristin: I hope that baby boy can wait until your obgyn in back. but, that is the way right? and keep up the good work on ur workouts! i am inspired!

Brighton: i know how you feel with the little one, my 2 yr old wakes up screaming some nights and i wonder if its bad dreams also. he is fine when he gets into out bed : ) falls right back to sleep. But, take care of yourself, and get some rest!

Latricia: Keep up the good work!

melissa

Hi!

My name is Lourdes and I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant with my 6th child. I dont know what it is about this pregnancy but for some reason I'm having a hard time dealing with my very mild disconforts, maybe because I'm over 40. Anyways I don't feel nauses, I have my normal energy level, I'm still running my 30 miles a week and doing weights, but this little disconforts my changing body is really getting to me...somewhat making me a little depressed. I feel better already! have a great day!

Lourdes

Hi Lourdes! Glad to see you over here! :)

Melissa - Congrats on almost completing your first Tri!!!

Brighton - Hope you are feeling better! Glad they got the contractions stopped.

Kristine - How are you doing??? Have you had your little one yet??? Can't wait to hear!

Nothing much going on here. I painted the nursery yesterday (pink) and plan to start assembling the crib tonight. After that, I'm covering everything and leaving it for a while until we get closer. I have a regular OB appointment tomorrow and then another ultrasound on Thursday. Still haven't felt any movement. They keep telling me it could be after 20 weeks before I feel anything, but I want to feel some kicks or something! ;)

Thanks Liann!!! Little girl!!! Awe I'm so happy for you..Im willing to bet you will feel her kicking pretty soon!!! Is this your first? I have 5 boys with the ages of 15, 12, 10, 10, and 5. My boys would love to have another little brother, but will just have to wait and see. Anyways good luck with your ultrosound and your appointment. Have a great day!!!

Lourdes

Lots of boys Lourdes! :) My sister has 5 boys and 2 girls. Their ages range from 17 down to 2. She swears she is DONE now. ;) Are you going to find out the sex or be surprised? I was too impatient for a surprise. Yes, this is our first by the way. We've been married 8 years and figured we'd better start soon!

Lots of boys Lourdes! :) My sister has 5 boys and 2 girls. Their ages range from 17 down to 2. She swears she is DONE now. ;) Are you going to find out the sex or be surprised? I was too impatient for a surprise. Yes, this is our first by the way. We've been married 8 years and figured we'd better start soon!

No, I don't want to know the sex of the baby, but my husband does. I told him I had an ultrosound on Friday...and what do you think he did, he called the technician who preform the exam so that he could find out what the sex was. Luckily its to soon to tell what the sex of the baby is. Wow 5 boys and 2 girls! I think I could do it one more time and that's it!!! My heart definitely tells me more, more, more, but I'm not a spring chicken anymore. Will see, I think one more would be ok. Congratulations...when is the baby schedule to arrive into this world!? Have a great day Liann

Lourdes

Melissa- Glad you're starting to feel better. I hope you have a great second trimester.

Lourdes- I am expecting my 7th. Mine are closer in age though 12-g,10-b, 8-b, 6-g, 4-g & 2-b. I'm not sure if I'm done. But I'm hoping for a longer break if I have anymore.

This has really been a wonderful pregnancy. It is the first pregnancy that I have workout the entire time. And I have really been good about watching what I eat this time. I am surprised at the difference it has made in how I feel.

Melissa- Glad you're starting to feel better. I hope you have a great second trimester.

Lourdes- I am expecting my 7th. Mine are closer in age though 12-g,10-b, 8-b, 6-g, 4-g & 2-b. I'm not sure if I'm done. But I'm hoping for a longer break if I have anymore.

This has really been a wonderful pregnancy. It is the first pregnancy that I have workout the entire time. And I have really been good about watching what I eat this time. I am surprised at the difference it has made in how I feel.

Hi Latricia!
Wow...#7! If you don't mind asking, how old are you? I've always knows that I wanted a big family. I think I could problably do 1-2 more, but now that my kids are getting older we have to think about college. Are you a stay at home mom. I've always wonder how people with big families manage to survive. We are doing it, but let me tell you thres times when we leave by paycheck to paycheck. We don't ask for much in life, but we do keep our kids active in club soccer wish could be very expensive when you have 5 of them. Its so good for them though, I think it gives them so much confidents in life and plus it keeps them focus and out of trouble. How far along are you? I'm in my 9 week and feeling ok. I have very little symtoms but for some reason its really bothering mentally and emotionally. I run a daycare business from home and I don't get to go out much and the time I hate everything about my home. Yesterday I had a little bit of a meltdown, and was requesting everything to be remove and replace with new stuff. It seems though I'm extremely sensitive to smells in my home and really I just cant stand it!!! You would think with 5 children and 4 pregnancie this would be a piece of cake. I'm still running my 30 miles a week plus doing weight training 3 times a week. Have a great day!!!

Lourdes

Hey ladies,
Glad to hear that everyone is doing so well..Congratulations to all of you and best of luck with all of the pregnancies.
Well I am 13 weeks along and feel terrific. I too am feeling more energetic through out the day but I am sure that diet and excercise has all to do with that. I still feel really tired by 7pm but thats because I have to be at work at 6am so I have to get up by 430am everyday. My body is so use to it that I wake up early on the weekends!

In my first trimester I was only working out 3-4x a week but now I'm trying to get in 30min in 6 days but doesnt always pan out that way. I have turned the level of intensity way down I will lift only 12lb dumbells when weight training and I wont let my heart rate stay above 145-150ish. My hr fluctuates between 120-135. I know that they say you could still run and do what you've always done before but I feel funny about doing that. Maybe I'm just crazy who knows....

I've gained about 3-4 pounds so far. I started at 125 and now about 128 and I'm still wearing my regular clothes except my pants are unbuttoned. The only thing I feel that has gotten bigger are my boobs and they itch like hellllll!!!!

This is my 3rd pregnancy my youngest is 4 and I gained almost 80 lbs with her which I do not want to do that again. I was so sendentary too no kind of excercise what so ever and all I did was eat! I'm convinced that is why she was so big 9lb3oz and 21in long at birth she was 2 weeks late so I had to have a c section.
So I want to do things totally different. Anyway thats my story..
All you ladies have a wonderful and peaceful night. Cant wait to get home tonight and start my 2nd season of True Blood YAAY!!! woohoo

Hello ladies! Hope your all doing well.

Today I'm feeling extremely tired and sleepy, I'm still continuing to run my 30 miles a week and doing weight training 4 times a week but still feeling like a blimp. Pregnancy is one of the times I wish I was just a bit taller. I'm petite girl with short legs and short torso- so when pregnant all my weight is around my waistline and I look very odd and chunky like if I don't even workout! Anyways I know in the long run, once I have my baby it will be easier to get back into my skinny clothes again. Hope you all are having a great pregnancy, I'm still experiencing some disconforts thats bringing my spirit way down, but I know soon I will strat to feel better! Have a great day!

Lourdes

Hi Latricia!
Wow...#7! If you don't mind asking, how old are you? I've always knows that I wanted a big family. I think I could problably do 1-2 more, but now that my kids are getting older we have to think about college. Are you a stay at home mom. I've always wonder how people with big families manage to survive. We are doing it, but let me tell you thres times when we leave by paycheck to paycheck. We don't ask for much in life, but we do keep our kids active in club soccer wish could be very expensive when you have 5 of them. Its so good for them though, I think it gives them so much confidents in life and plus it keeps them focus and out of trouble. How far along are you? I'm in my 9 week and feeling ok. I have very little symtoms but for some reason its really bothering mentally and emotionally. I run a daycare business from home and I don't get to go out much and the time I hate everything about my home. Yesterday I had a little bit of a meltdown, and was requesting everything to be remove and replace with new stuff. It seems though I'm extremely sensitive to smells in my home and really I just cant stand it!!! You would think with 5 children and 4 pregnancie this would be a piece of cake. I'm still running my 30 miles a week plus doing weight training 3 times a week. Have a great day!!!

Lourdes

Lourdes,
I just noticed this message. I haven't checked this thread in a while.
I am 32. My children are 12,10,8,6,4,2,& I'm due in about 2 weeks. No they were not planned that way. I actually had a couple of miscarriages in between there. I am a SAHM. My husband and I made that decision early in our marriage. Believe me there were times when we struggled. But it was the best decision for us. My mom runs a home daycare. I worked with her before I had children and when my oldest was a baby. How is it that they let you have a daycare with so many children already? Are you licensed for 12? At one point I had though about doing that but they said my kids count.
This has been a great pregnancy. I've been very active and haven't gained any weight. This last month is taking it's toll on me though. I've had hemorrhoids for the last 3-4 weeks. And then got a yeast infection last week.
I'm still working out when my body lets me.

Leticia

Lourdes,
I just noticed this message. I haven't checked this thread in a while.
I am 32. My children are 12,10,8,6,4,2,& I'm due in about 2 weeks. No they were not planned that way. I actually had a couple of miscarriages in between there. I am a SAHM. My husband and I made that decision early in our marriage. Believe me there were times when we struggled. But it was the best decision for us. My mom runs a home daycare. I worked with her before I had children and when my oldest was a baby. How is it that they let you have a daycare with so many children already? Are you licensed for 12? At one point I had though about doing that but they said my kids count.
This has been a great pregnancy. I've been very active and haven't gained any weight. This last month is taking it's toll on me though. I've had hemorrhoids for the last 3-4 weeks. And then got a yeast infection last week.
I'm still working out when my body lets me.

No problema! Wow!!! 32, your so young!!! Blessed your heart!!! No, I'm not licence to run a daycare center and all my parents are well aware of that. I a'm CPR certified and fingerprinted. I run a very in-home small daycare with only 3 kids. I have five kids of my own who are in school all day with the exception of the 5 year old, plus they have after school activities 4 days out of the week. They all play club soccer and there practice schedule is very demanding, they get home do some homework, eat, and off to practice I will not see them again till about 8:30pm and my oldest till about 9:30pm. Also I have been extremely fortunate enough to work with school teachers and parents who also work from home with allot of flexibility so I will get summers off and breaks with pay! My little one will be starting school early fall and I'm heart broken, I will miss him soooooooo much!!!! His never been to daycare so I'm hoping he will adjust. I am considering placing him in half day kindergarden. Anyways-I wish you all the luck in the world and keep us updated and don't forget to post some pics!!!

Lourdes

No problema! Wow!!! 32, your so young!!! Blessed your heart!!! No, I'm not licence to run a daycare center and all my parents are well aware of that. I a'm CPR certified and fingerprinted. I run a very in-home small daycare with only 3 kids. I have five kids of my own who are in school all day with the exception of the 5 year old, plus they have after school activities 4 days out of the week. They all play club soccer and there practice schedule is very demanding, they get home do some homework, eat, and off to practice I will not see them again till about 8:30pm and my oldest till about 9:30pm. Also I have been extremely fortunate enough to work with school teachers and parents who also work from home with allot of flexibility so I will get summers off and breaks with pay! My little one will be starting school early fall and I'm heart broken, I will miss him soooooooo much!!!! His never been to daycare so I'm hoping he will adjust. I am considering placing him in half day kindergarden. Anyways-I wish you all the luck in the world and keep us updated and don't forget to post some pics!!!

Lourdes[/QUOTE

Hello,
Me again. How in the world did you manage not to gain any weight during your pregnancy? I'm still doing what I did before becoming pregnant, but still managing to pack on the pounds! How are you feeling?

I do Weight Watchers at first I got off my points and quickly gained weight.I saw that I needed to keep eating the same as I was only adding a little when I needed to. That kept my weight the same for most of my pregnancy. As my pregnancy progressed constipation became a major problem. So I began to limit my meat and cheese.That helped for a while. Eventually I had to eliminate meat and cheese all together. I started supplementing with a protein shake for breakfast with flax. After a while I actually became regular and even lost a few pounds. I eat a lot of fiber every day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.