♥♥♥ Mommies-to-be - JULY ROLL CALL ♥♥♥

Hi ladies! How's everyone holding up? I'm finally feeling almost back to normal. Tummy is a bit flabby, but my weight came down pretty quick. It probably helped that I didn't gain too much to begin with. I can't wait to start working out again. Akadia is doing really good - aside from not sleeping at convenient times. ;) She was having a little issue with not going #2 at all for a good week after birth, but her system seems to have finally started to kick in. I think her hearing the doctor threaten her with a barium enema is what got things rolling on Wednesday. Anyways, I hope you are all doing well. I think a few of you are getting close?

p.s. Here is a picture that our own Cynthia (Retrofit) put together for me for Akadia. Cynthia is such a sweetheart!

Akadia4.jpg

Congratulations Liann she is beautiful! Godbless!!!! Im sure you are so happy to be back to your almost normal self. THat must be a great feeling... So how was your labor? Pls share your story..

Ill be 37 weeks tomorrow. I feel like she is coming soon. I've been feeling lots of pressure and plenty of contractions loose stools you know all that good stuff! Trying to stay cool in this heat. I swear I dont remember it being this hot last summer. Oh well. I love the summer though my favorite season. It's been pretty hard for me to move around. I feel like a turtle. Everything is an effort. We all been eating out or making easy quick foods cause if I stand for long periods of time by belly starts to get really tight. I hate cooking anyways.

Everything else has been pretty normal around here. Thank goodness.
How is everybody else doing?????

Hi Gang!

Liann - I love the picture that Cynthia put together!! It's great :)

I'm still here and doing well. Also trying to stay cool and annoyed that my feet are FAT!! I've had some long 12 hour days at work this week and it's hard to get my shoes/socks on and off. I think I'm actually starting to feel some contractions on occasion. It's hard to know since I've never had them before. I definately feel a lot less movement, but at my last appointment they thought everything was ok. I'm right between 37 & 38 weeks. My husband is getting nervous. He calls my receptionist at work to make sure I'm doing okay, and he'll leave me messages telling me that he's in a meeting (or today he's at a movie), but he has his phone on vibrate "just in case". I don't think I'm anywhere close to delivering, but he's ready and anxious!! He's been on me about packing my hospital bag which I keep putting off (I'm convinced I have lots of time) and he's threatening to pack it for me. It's endearing though.

I hope everyone else out there is doing well and having a good weekend!!
Carrie

I'm so excited for you two!!! You are getting so close! Only a few more weeks now. :) Hopefully, you are able to escape the heat and relax a little. My DH and I spent the last week just hanging out in the pool and spending time together. I'm so glad now that we did because it gave us some normalcy before things got crazy.

I ended up going 41 weeks and 2 days before they finally forced me to be induced last Wednesday. The induction went really well and I didn't have any complications. It was intense though once they got the Pit up to the highest dose. They had my contractions coming right on top of each other and the cramping was really something. The actual contraction part didn't bother me, but the cramping in the cervix made me BEG for the epi. It took them over an hour and 1/2 to get it to me (the longest hour 1/2 of my life), but once they did, it really helped. No problems with the epi either. It really only took from just under my chest to the bottom of my torso so I had no problem feeling to push or anything like that and my legs were not numb at all. In fact, I felt EVERYTHING as far as the actual birth part, but it was so much more manageable than those dang contractions and the relief I got from being able to push actually felt "good". The epi also didn't slow my progress any, which was something I was worried about. They started the induction around 8:45 a.m., had the epi at noon and I was already dilated to 10 and ready to push by 2:30 p.m. They had me hold off until 3 p.m. though and let my body "bare her down" on it's own. So I officially started pushing at 3 p.m. and after a good hour and 43 minutes of that she was born at 4:43 p.m. I would honestly say that the next 2 days in the hospital were far worse than the actual delivery. I was so sore and I just wanted to go home. Breastfeeding was also a nightmare because baby was so hungry and my milk didn't come in until almost 5 days after the birth. Akadia also wasn't peeing or pooping and the nurses were kind of stressing me out over that. Add in the fact that Akadia also wasn't sleeping and it made for a REALLY long 2 days. She finally pee'd and they let us go home on Friday. Overall though, I really can't complain about the experience. The nurse who coached me through the delivery was AWESOME and her and my mom basically did everything until the doctor came in for the last 2 pushes. Poor Bryan stood at the head of the bed with me and fed me ice chips in between pushes. He held up a lot better than I thought he might. ;) He gets grossed out easily. I feel like I live in the nursery now. It's probably just because it is my first, but I don't want to let her out of my sight. I just can't help but sit and stare at her for hours. It's amazing to think that she was inside of me just a little over a week ago!

Liann,

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I'm glad you didn't have any problems with the epidural - I think that's one of the things I'm most nervous about so it's good to know that yours went well. I'm glad the induction went well too. I hope by now you're healed, feeling good, and finding a rhythm at home (maybe that's wishful thinking on my part though hoping that it doesn't take me weeks to recover or to get the hang of it!!).

Carrie

Hey Ladies,
How is everyone one doing? Hanging in there hopefully.
Just want to let you all know I had my baby Samantha Lee on Sunday 7/25/10 @ 312pm she weighed in at 8lbs 6oz and 20 1/2 in long. I had my VBAC I'm so happppyyyy! I had a pretty quick labor. My water broke around 1230 early sunday arrived at the hospital when contraction were 12 minutes apart which was 500am. Contractions were bearable till around 1200 noon then I coulnt take the pain so I called for the epi which took 45 minutes to get it in so by that point I was already 10 centimeters and time to push so the epi didnt even kick work for me. But with about 5 or 6 pushes she was out. I felt every single thing it was painful but worth everything and would never take it back.
Anway came home yesterday and everything is great!
Thanks for listening.
Wishing you all happy and healthy babies and speedy labor and recoveries!
Lilly

Congratulations Lilly!!!

I'm glad things went well for you and Samantha and I'm glad you had a safe VBAC. I'm sorry it was painful, but I hope you're on the road to recovery now and I hope you're little girl is healthy and happy to be out in the world. That is so exciting!!!

Well, you beat me. I'm having some of the early symptoms of labor (cramps, stronger braxton hicks, etc), but I'm still not sure when I'll deliver. My due date is Tuesday and I can't tell if I'll make it till then or if she'll actually come even later. It's certainly an "interesting" experience.....

Congratulations again to you and Samantha Lee - please post a picture when/if you can!!

Carrie

Congratulations Lilly!!! I'm happy everything whent well for you! We would love to see pictures of your beautiful baby girl?! Take care!

Lourdes

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.