•• CHEETAHS •• Week of 3/2-3/8

Brighton

Cathlete
Well, being that most of the regulars these days are on vacay, I thought I'd just start a thread for the week today. Hopefully I'll have some company, but if not that's okay too. Keeping the den fires burning! ;):):cool:

Today I'm back on the TM for around 4-5 miles in addition to yoga, stretching, & rolling. Things with the ITB are feeling really good considering the distance I pulled off Saturday. Yay! :D

The big news this week is that I secured a spot on a team for one of the Ragnar Series Relays in June. (http://www.ragnarrelay.com/) I am really excited about it. DH participated last year and had an absolute blast. I've been wanting to have a go at it ever since.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Merry Monday!!! :D

Alone in the den again! :(
Ah, it's all good.

Things here are going well-- I talked to my BIL about the half & feel a lot more confident about it. He's one of those super athlete types-- does half irons & road races, is on a sponsored cycling team... I've been super nervous about this race-- less than 3 weeks away! But he was super encouraging and made me feel so much better about things.

Hopefully I will get a 5K run outside today. I want to try a little bit of outdoor running and see how the ITB takes it... since I've been on the TM for the last month. So far things are holding up better than I could have asked for. I've been making it a priority to get a yoga practice in daily, and I think that has helped immensely.

I'll BBL to see if anyone shows... Hope vacay week is going well for our MIA Cheetahs! :)

All the best to everyone!
6.gif

Hi there!

Brighton - I am here!!! :) I agree with your BIL! You will do great in your race, I am sure! That is cool! I have never done anything like that! I am glad your ITB is holding up!

I am hanging in there with STS and running. It is an absolutely crazy at work! I wanted to pop in and see how you guys are doing! Hope everyone is enjoying their vacations!

Linda

Linda: Hi! :D:D:D Aw, thanks for the kind words & support. I'm sorry to hear things have been crazy for you at work! But yay for keeping up with STS & running! :) How are you enjoying STS so far??? How are your daughter and grandbaby doing? It's great to see you pop in. All the best to you and your family! :)

Holy smokes has it been windy around here today!!! I almost feel like I should be back in Chicago during tornado season... not in the Intermountain West! :eek: My gazebo with all my climbing roses is now in shambles on the back lawn from a bad gust of wind. :(:confused: Oh well.

Yesterday I got the 5K outdoors done without too much difficulty. :cool: Feeling good about that. Today is just yoga... I'm pretty much just sticking to running 3-4 times a week and supplementing with yoga, stretching, rolling, etc. Then when the half is done I'll try and get back into a more well-rounded rotation. I'm hoping to scale back on the running for at least a month. I need a mental break! ;)

Well, I'm off to pick up DS from preschool... a little nervous about being blown off the road though!!! :eek::confused:
4.gif

Happy Hump Day, Cheetahville!!!

So yesterday we were out in short sleeves and then today we woke up with several inches of snow on the ground! :confused::confused::confused: Wacky spring weather... :rolleyes:
8.gif

We'll see if we get to the gym today... I'm not about to go for a run in the snow. The kids have a bit of a cough so most likely will do some steady state cardio here at home.

Have a fab day, everyone!
Tomorrow is Friday! Woo hoo!!! :D:D:D

Not much to post today... Just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Friday!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hope to see some of our vacationing Cheetahs return home safely! :)
Have a wonderful day, everyone!

jumping0041.gif

Saturday...
Trying out a long run outside today. Hopefully 8 miles. Wish me luck... Only 2 weeks from today until the half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACK! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back to report that the long run went well. I went about 9 miles outside with a few walking/stretching breaks. All combined I kept at a 11:50 min pace, which is better than I thought it would be with the walking. So far so good.

Hope my Cheetah pals are back from vacay soon! I'm a-gettin' lonely in the den all by myself!!! ;)

Last edited:
Hi Brighton!!!!

So glad the long run went well today...*doin the happy dance for you*:cool:! You're going to be ready for that half!

Sorry I've been majorly MIA recently. Things have been C*R*A*Z*Y:eek: with me covering for my boss for the past couple of weeks on top of my "normal" workload.

My HM is tomorrow and they're forecasting 60* and showers....hate rain:(! Hopefully it will hold off...*fingers crossed*.

That's all I have time for right now...soooo sorry:(. Can't wait to catch up with the vacay Cheetahs. Have a great one!

party0011.gif
Good luck tomorrow, Wendi!!!
party0011.gif

5.gif
5.gif
5.gif

4.gif
I will be thinking "dry thoughts" for you.
4.gif

Sorry things have been crazy with the boss. :( Thanks for the happy dance... :D I have been really happy that the ITB seems to be hanging in there for me. It's great to see you pop in!!! We've missed you! Laura & Wendy have both been out of town, so I've been a wee bit lonely this week! Let us know how things go!!!!! Thinking of you!

I'm back. I have absolutely nothing to report except for an extremely relaxing week with family and co-workers. We were about 3000 feet higher than we are at home, so it was cooler. I thought of Brighton, because the temperature was about 50, and we were all THRILLED because that was sweatshirt weather. A couple weeks ago Brighton was ready to go swimming because 50 was WARM! :p It's all a matter of perspective, huh?

Brighton--Thrilled for you that the ITB is cooperating.

Wendi--Sorry things have been crazy at work. Hope your 1/2 goes well!!

Wendy--Saw you on a P90X thread. I start on Monday. I'm going to give Tony a shot, but I may be subbing Cathe and/or running for Kenpo pretty soon.

Linda--Thanks for popping in. Hope things calm down at work!

Anyone heard from Carole after the marathon?

Laura - So glad to hear that you had such a nice relaxing vacay. Ahhhhhh, right:D? Good luck with P90X! Funny about the 50* weather being sweatshirt weather. It'll be in the upper 50s this morning and I'm a bit worried about overheating cuz I'm used to running in the teens, lol. How sick is that:eek:? Thanks for the well wishes...can say I'm getting a bit nervous now this morning even though I *know* I shouldn't be, having run the entire course last week and not having too bad a time with it.

Gonna get some breakfast going and start to get ready. Have a great Sunday!

I'm back. I have absolutely nothing to report except for an extremely relaxing week with family and co-workers. We were about 3000 feet higher than we are at home, so it was cooler. I thought of Brighton, because the temperature was about 50, and we were all THRILLED because that was sweatshirt weather. A couple weeks ago Brighton was ready to go swimming because 50 was WARM! :p It's all a matter of perspective, huh?

Brighton--Thrilled for you that the ITB is cooperating.

Wendi--Sorry things have been crazy at work. Hope your 1/2 goes well!!

Wendy--Saw you on a P90X thread. I start on Monday. I'm going to give Tony a shot, but I may be subbing Cathe and/or running for Kenpo pretty soon.

Linda--Thanks for popping in. Hope things calm down at work!

Anyone heard from Carole after the marathon?

I did it!!!! 2:00:38....my goal was to finish under 2:05. *doin' the happy dance*!!!!

What a gorgeous day for a race! The sun was shining and the temps felt like they were in the 50s. The wind did pick up a bit later in the race but not *too* bad. They had a great turnout...at least 575 runners which is soooo wonderful as it is for such a good cause. I couldn't help but let my mind wander to MK a few times during the run.

I won't lie...this kicked my bootay today. My legs were absolute LEAD for the first 4 miles (and the first two killer hills are in those first 4 miles) and I got a wicked stitch that hung around from mile 2 to 4 :confused: . Thankfully it passed and I really found my groove and was cruisin' along great in the mogul-y portion around Wolf Lake (miles 4-9) and started to make up some time. It was nice to start passing people at this point :cool: . There were a couple of nasty little hills that did bite a bit so I did walk portions of those but I was passing people who were running at the walk...new strategy from now on *lol*:p. Mile 9 has a doozy of a hill but I dug down and did this pseudo walk/run thing and, again, passed a couple of people. My neighbor was calling times at mile 10 (I think I was around 1:33ish) and said something to me like "only a 5K to go" and I laughed and thought "uh oh, I'm in trouble" :eek::confused:! Got a second wind around mile 11 while heading into a pretty nasty head wind coming off one of the other lakes. Then right around 11.5 I had to pee sooooooooo bad that I just said "oh, $#@% this, gotta move now!!!!" I hit the afterburners in the last mile cuz I had to go so bad and ran the last 1.1 miles in 8:10 :eek: . How's that for motivation???

All in all it was such a great race...lots of residents out, cheering us on. There were three little girls, the oldest probably not more than 8 years old jumping out and giving everyone ^^^5s as they ran past :) .

Thanks for all the speedy vibes and well wishes....I thought of all you tough gals and that helped push me along :D.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.