••• CHEETAHS ••• 4/20-4/26

Brighton

Cathlete
Good morning girls! :)

Ahh, I love Mondays for the clean start they bring. Nice to try and put last week behind us.

Wendy: Yes, it's been rough. We are grateful for the fact that she isn't in any pain. That has been a blessing. The whole frontal lobe of her brain is pretty much gone... so she doesn't really have much capacity for emotion at this point either. Which, I suppose, is sort of a blessing to her-- not having to be in too much emotional turmoil. She is just really tired and basically sleeps all day. As hard as it is, yes, we just hope that she passes quickly and quietly. This is just no way to live. And she is such a vibrant person... it just doesn't seem right to keep her confined to this kind of life. Sigh..... You'd think after 3 years of getting used to the idea that this was most likely going to be the outcome that things wouldn't be this hard. But we're really going to miss her. Hey, no worries about dinner at your mom's... I'm totally right there with you-- that has been me all week! ;) (Can we say stress eating??? :eek:;):() Ah, we'll just pick it right where we left off. Clean eating starts.... now! :D Hope your day goes well.

Jackie & Laura: Thinking of you! Jackie, hope the race went well! You'll have to pop in and let us know how things went! And Laura, lots of well wishes coming your way. Miss you.

Hi to any lurking Cheetahs in the den!!! :D Come and say hi sometime. :)

Oops, forgot to post today's workout! :)

I'm up for GS BSB, + abs from ME. I'm debating whether to hit the gym for a swim while DS is at preschool, or if I should stay and monitor him for awhile... he's been having some behavioral issues lately that are getting him into trouble there (& at home!). Ahhhh, the joys of motherhood. :rolleyes: He's such a sweet kid, hopefully this phase won't last too long.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Realized this morning that I didn't come here and give my race report from Saturday! Please forgive me.

The race went really well. My unofficial time was 2:10:28. It was the perfect day for a race. We had overcast skies and felt a few sprinkles around mile 6 but it wasn't enough to get us wet. The rain did hit about the last .10 of a mile. Glad we made it through without being soaked. We had lots of rolling hills and it seemed like more in the 3 last miles. They hurt something terrible. I told my running partner to go ahead and try to run his race. He wouldn't leave me though. Said if it hadn't been for me he wouldn't racing at all. Thought that was nice of him. I'm happy with the finish time but I'm even happier that I only had one twinge of my feet going numb and a slight cramp in my hamstring. It all went away and I was fine. The 3 days of training a week were good but what I needed more of was doing my long runs outside because we didn't get to do any of the monster hills this time. Think those 3 Saturdays we missed could have been the difference on handling the hills today.

I did my normal thing before leaving. I had a light breakfast and drank plenty of water. I think the difference this time was that I started eating the Clif Bloks on my way to Jackson and had more water. I drank Cytomax and ate some sport beans during the race. We did the first mile at 8:30. Up through mile 6 we probably averaged about 9:30. I slowed it down the rest of the way. We ended up with a 10:00 mile. I'll keep all of this in mind for the next race. The legs are sore and I've had a few foot cramps when I got home. Running partner is running the Music City Half in Nashville next weekend. Told him I couldn't handle another half so soon and I knew it was hillier than Saturday's race. Oh, yeah, I won 1st place in my age group!

I'll come back with personals.

Wendy - I use to do evening workouts until I got a taste of what it felt like to get them over with in the mornings. Now, I don't have the motivation or desire to do one after work. For some reason, I don't feel like I have the time either. Don't know why that would be so because I get home earlier now. It probably is more of a desire and motivation thing. :p Thank you for the good luck vibes for Saturday. You've been doing so well with your eating and you deserved a cheat day.

Brighton - Glad you were able to spend some time with your friend. I know she really appreciated having you there. Can understand workouts not being a priority. Happy to hear she isn't in pain. Liked Wendy's advice to you. You'll never be ready to let go whenever the time comes but you will be prepared. ((((HUGS))))

Well, the legs are still sore this morning. I did an easy 20 minutes EXT workout, some abs and stretching. It was about 40 minutes total and felt good on my legs. I'll probably get back to SS sometime later in the week.

Will chat with you ladies later. Need to get back to work.

Good Morning.

BI is done! Doing that many KB swings was a b*tch but I got through it. :eek: I used a 20 pounder for the first few rounds, then a 15 for a few rounds, then a 10 for one round and then a 20 or 15 for the remainder as I saw fit. After my work out I went to sit on the toilet and I could ALREADY feel it! :D Oh and I did Extreme Abs too. I did it BEFORE BI though cause I just knew if I didn't get it out of the way that I'd blow it off. :p

Brighton: You are right, the things you mentioned ARE a blessing in disguise. Anything to make her final days on earth less painful (both emotionally and physically) are welcome IMO. How are her kids dealing with this? Are they in counseling or will they be after she passes? I can't even imagine as I lost my dad as a young woman and it was incredibly hard. :(

Jackie: Congrats on winning 1st in your age group! You rock!!! You did really well! WOO HOO! I can see how evening work outs would become unappealing after getting into a.m. ones. I am not a fan of them either these days although I will do them when the need arises. I prefer the mid morning work out the most...9-11 seems to be prime time for me...when I have the most energy and motivation for a work out. :)

Good Morning.

Today's work out is Push 3...unless the legs are reelin' from y'day's work out then it'll be cardio only. I have some DOMS but as of right now it's not bad enough to keep me away from Push. We all know though that these things can get worse as time wears on....Keep your fingers crossed for me! :p

BBL to see what's going on!

Good morning!!! :D

Ahhh... Spring seems to have arrived for good, finally... *crossing fingers* So nice to soak up the sunshine & be outside!

Today I did Imax 2 intervals 1-5... wrapped the ITB super good, and it still seems to be happy. Even during the genie hops, it didn't protest. Good times. Glad to have found a way to get some step/plyo in that doesn't totally set me back. I'm hoping to get a short yoga practice in this afternoon or evening. Lots of yard work on the agenda too, so I'm okay with the shorter workout today-- knowing I'll be sweating it out in the yard later! ;)

Jackie: WTG with the race this past weekend!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on winning your age group-- that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D Sounds like a tough course-- that's such an accomplishment!
party0038.gif

Wendy:
Sweet workouts... :) To answer your question, Jen only has one little boy and he just barely turned 3 last Thursday. (Talk about an emotional day.) So he really doesn't understand what is going on. She actually was diagnosed with the cancer while she was pregnant with him-- was on radiation during the second trimester, I think. So to him, Mommy being sick is just how he has always known things. :( I know that his dad has talked to him a little bit... but as to what he grasps, I just don't know. He's a cute little guy-- he inherited his mom's spunkiness that's for certain. :) I'm so glad Ryan (Jen's husband) has him to help see him through.

Well, Tuesday-- storytime day-- so I'd better hit the shower and get the kids ready for the day! :D

jumping0036.gif
Have a great day, everyone!!!
jumping0036.gif

Morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - Thanks on my race! Good job mixing the KB swings in with BI! How are you feeling today? I like to do ab work first thing sometimes when I know the arms and legs will be worked hard. I'd like to get my workouts in between 7-9 during the week. But, alas I have to go to work. It works well on Saturday.

Brighton - Glad spring has arrived. It's still a little chilly here but the temps are supposed to hit 80 by Friday. I'm looking forward to it. Good job with Imax! Glad the ITB behaved. Thanks on my race. Enjoy yoga and the yardwork. So sad about your friend.

Legs are still sore today but better. I was able to do iTread #35 Joggers. Kept the pace between 11-12 minute mile. Added iStretch #24 to finish up. Hope I'll be ready for a good workout tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Hi Girls.

The legs were complainin' a little too much y'day so I opted for cardio. Burn It Off. FUN STUFF! :D

Today will be Push 3 and Centergy class. :)

Went to MIL's for dinner and did pretty well with my portions so I'm happy.

Jackie: As you probably figured out from my post above, I had some nice DOMS yesterday from those KB swings. ;) It wasn't nearly as bad as when I combined them with a Push work out but still felt it for sure!!! So I was just watching the weather and we are supposed to hit the 80 degree mark this weekend!!!! :D

Brighton: My thoughts are with you and your sick friend and her family. I can't stop thinking about it...:(

Gotta go back to work today but I'll pop in later to see if anyone is around!

Ciao!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - Hope that cardio worked some of the kinks out of your legs. Glad the KB swings are continuing to do their job. Does your MIL feed you all the good cooking like your mom? I'm so ready for those 80 degree temps. It's a beautiful day so far today. Enjoy Push and Centergy class.

I did 45 minutes of Tear It Up and 10 minutes on the EXT. I'll do the rest of TIU on Friday. Even though the legs are still sore, they handled the workout pretty well. They are feeling much better today. I'll probably do another light run tomorrow.

Happy Hump Day!

I am d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g today... seasonal allergies are such a pain. I didn't get to bed last night until late, then just couldn't breathe for anything. The tree pollen is just off-the-charts high here right now. Then woke up around 3:45 thinking about all the drama of late, and didn't get back to sleep until just before DH's alarm went off at 5. Uggggh.

I decided to switch my chest/tri day with my long yoga day this week. I'll most likely only get in a short practice tonight while DH is at basketball with the guys, but I figure it's better than nothing. GS Chest/Tris will be up tomorrow. :)

Jackie: It is 82 degrees here today! :) It almost feels too hot, with how fast the temps went up. Yesterday was really warm too. We're expected to have another 80 degree day tomorrow before the weather turns a little more seasonal. Glad those legs are hanging in there for you! :D

Wendy: Awww, you're so sweet to be concerned. It's a heartbreaker, no doubt about it. My emotions tend to come and go lately. Some times I'll be totally fine, and accepting of the situation (like today), and the next day I'll be an emotional wreck (like yesterday!). I guess that's pretty typical, though. One day at a time. Smart to listen to your body and get the cardio in instead today. :) I'm really happy you're enjoying CLX so much. Love that Chalene! :D

Well, I've gotta start figuring out what to get on the table tonight for dinner... :p Might pull out some of that Indian food I put up in the freezer for crazy days like this... mmmmmm yeah-- that sounds good. ;)

Have a wonderful evening, everyone!!!

Good Morning.

Rest day for me today but may do some yoga/stretching at some point. Ended up doing Push 3 and a 3.45 mile run y'day.

BBL for personals!

Good morning, ladies! :D

Back on track today... I did GS Chest & Tris, plus the abs from Butts & Guts. Still had a little bit left so I tacked the 20 min TJ on just for kicks. :) Feeling good... now just need to get some errands done around here! :p

Enjoy your rest day, Wendy!!! :D

Have a great day, everyone... just one more day until Friday!!!!!!!!

6.gif

Hi Cheetahs!

Brighton - Ugh on the allergies!! Hope you're better today. I suffer during the fall. We're starting to get those 80 degree days too. Glad you're back on track today. Good job on the workout!

Wendy - Enjoy your rest day! Good job with Push and the 3.45 mile run!!

Today's workout was iTread #3 40 minutes. Still didn't push too hard today. Legs are still a little sore but much better. Finished up with Power Yoga Wide Angles. Felt good.

Enjoy your day!

Hi Girls.

Brighton: TJ's are such fun! I just did the 20 min work out the other day! Sorry about your short night's sleep the other night. I hope you can get some good rest really soon! I am not prone to allergies but I feel for you just the same.

Jackie: Good job with your Itread today. I see you did some yoga for me, huh? LOL

Got on the scale and measured BF % this morning. I wasn't happy with the results but ended up getting TTOM later in the morning so I am HOPING that is what caused the higher numbers. I will try again Saturday morning before I begin my high calorie day and hopefully it'll paint a prettier picture for me. :)

I start Lean Phase tmrw! I am soooo excited!!!!!

See you in the morning!

Hi Cheetahs!

Wendy - Yeah, that yoga felt good! Didn't you feel it? TOM is probably the culprit of your BF numbers. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow for better numbers. Enjoy Lean Circuit!

I did the last 45 minutes of Tear It Up. Warmed up for 10 minutes on the EXT. Skipped the deadlifts and burpees and hopped on the EXT instead. I think I'll continue to break the longer SS up like this. Works better with my schedule.

TGIF!! Enjoy your day!

Hi Girls.

Well, Lean Circuit 1 is done and I love, love, LOVED it! She has you do one arm tri kickbacks for 12 reps per arm while holding a plank position! The plank is done with your legs apart which is supposed to help stabalize you a bit more but still!!!! All I can say is I was using a 5# DB and OH.MY.GAWD!!! It was CORE CORE CORE!!!! I was SHAKING almost immediately!!!!:eek::D:eek: No time for cardio today. No biggie. I plan on doing

Jackie: I am considering using SS along with the bells once CLX is done. Not quite sure yet but I have time to figure it out. I wish I felt the yoga you did! That would have been great! LOL Speaking of yoga, I heard that the new Centergy class that I blew off on Wednesday is TOUGH. Now I can't wait to go to it and I probably won't be able to get there for a couple weeks now. :( Thanks re the ugly numbers. I plan to take 'em again tmrw morning so I'll let you know the outcome. *fingers crossed!* Oh and you might want to consider going back to CLX at some point and just giving the Lean phase a try. I think it's gonna be REALLY GOOD based on today's work out! ;) :)

Brighton: Hope all is well. I read on FB that you were out in the middle of the night shopping for meds so you could breathe. You poor thing. You must be exhausted. I hope you are napping right now!

Alrighty, gotta get movin' so we can get dinner started. We are gonna make burgers and dogs on the grill. I'm so excited! LOL I'm going to use 90% lean beef for my burger and may opt to go bunless or maybe eat it on wheat bread. I also bought sweet potato fries at the foodstore this afternoon. I'll bake 'em up....YUMMY! :D

sick0026.gif
Good morning, Cheetahs!!!

Well, after a couple rough days with the allergies I think things are finally starting to level off. :D For the first time in days I finally got a good night's sleep!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I missed yesterday's workout with the whole lack-of-sleep-and-utterly-exhausted thing I had going. I was supposed to have done GS Legs y'day and KPC today. So instead I did a KPC/L&G premix today to hit a little bit of both and stay more on target with my rotation goals. Did I mention it feels good to breathe today?!?!?! :)

Wendy: Yeah... middle of the night runs for Zyrtec so aren't my idea of fun. :rolleyes: We had a front move in the other day and I think the wind just kicked all sorts of stuff into the air. It's frustrating because my whole life I never had allergies. After I had kids they started up... they're not very fun! :confused: (allergies, that is... the kids are fun! ;)) Yeah, no worries about the body fat %... I agree with you guys, probably just monthly woes. I'm in a similar boat, I literally gained 3 lbs overnight-- I think it's just water + stress, but holy smokes I about died. Oooooh, sweet potato fries! Love em. Those are a favorite of mine... I bake them on the pizza stone & they get good and crispy! :D

Jackie: Good for you to adjust the rotation to fit your schedule! :) Sounds like you are knocking out some awesome workouts. Sorry to hear about the fall allergies... that's just about the time mine start to go away! :eek::rolleyes:;) They're no fun-- I totally hear ya. I hope we're not sending bad weather your way-- it's cold & rainy here!

Laura: Thinking about you, hon. Hope you're continuing to recover. Come say hi if you have the chance.

Well, I'm off to my sister's place this weekend-- she and her fiance are getting married in July and want me to take some engagement photos for them... (kinda do that sort of thing once in awhile for friends/family) so I'll be gone until Monday.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
winking0016.gif

Wendy: Just reread your post about those planks with the kickbacks!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm sure I would be a quivering mess! Way to go with those! I'm so glad you're enjoying CLX... One of these days I'll have to give it a go. :)

Hi Cheetahs!

Wendy - Glad you're loving Lean Circuit! She does work the core good in this phase. SS & the bells sound like a great combination. Will you break the workouts up or do the whole thing at once? Can't wait to hear about the new Centergy class! Couldn't do the Lean Phase for too long because of my wrist and arm. I couldn't support myself with the push ups. I plan on doing the entire series again in the future. I just need to give my arm a chance to heal before pushing the heavy weights again. I'm sticking with 5 pounds mostly right now. Sounds like a nice fun dinner last night.

Brighton - Happy to hear the allergies are better today and you got a good night's sleep. We always know how to make up for those missed workouts!! Yay for the breating!! No, don't send the rain and cold my way. Well, maybe just send the rain. I just planted some new trees and they need all the water they can get so I have have to schlep out every day watering them. Enjoy the weekend with your sis!

Today's workout was some hip exercises and then iTread #10 20 minutes. Got in 2.1 miles. Then, I decided to do the 5K in town. Ran that unofficially in 27:04! That was a new PR for me by a second. It was a fun race for the elementary school. It was nice to see the kids out having fun. One little girl finished in about 30 minutes. She almost beat me. :eek: It was a gorgeous day for a race too.

Enjoy your evening ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.