••• CHEETAHS ••• 3/23 - 3/29

Brighton

Cathlete
Good morning, girls! :D:D:D
Getting things started off...
Be back with the full HM report in just a sec.

Happy Monday!!!!!!!!

1.gif
We did it!!!!!!!!!!!
1.gif

Things went really well over the weekend. The course was absolutely amazing & gorgeous! 10 miles followed a canyon with the Colorado River on one side and enormous sheer red sandstone cliffs on the other.

I went into the race with few expectations-- I mean, really, I would have been thrilled just to go under 2:30 with all the ITB issues and everything that I've been dealing with lately. But I was able to hold a pretty good pace, stopping to stretch a few times (5?) and walking portions of the particularly nasty uphills. I think I did a pretty good job of balancing pushing things and listening to my body & respecting limitations. I ended up at 2:17, which was waaaaaaaay better than I thought I would go-- particularly with the hills. DH started out trying to break 2, but the hills got him and he kind of bonked at the end, coming in at 2:11. My good friend from Chicago had some difficulty with the altitude (& consequentally her asthma) and came in at 2:23.

Crossing that finish line was one of the most satisfying experiences of my life-- I think in part due to some of the obstacles that I had to keep working around. It made it almost sweeter, you know?

After the race we went to Canyonlands National Park... we did a little hike to Mesa Arch (yeah... because a half marathon wasn't enough punishment for one day??? :confused::rolleyes::confused:;)) and enjoyed some time in Moab. Man, I love it there. So pretty.

Anyway, we got back y'day, and just crashed hard. I am doing pretty good today-- some soreness in the quads, but the ITB is actually hanging in there pretty well. I think once my quads have recovered that will help too.

I will PM you guys with the link to my pix from the trip-- what's posted so far, anyway. :)

Hope all is well with everyone... I will BBL for personals. The kids aren't feeling well, so I'm playing Dr. Mom today.

Thanks so much everyone, for all of your support through all of this... I seriously couldn't have done it without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations, Brighton!!! You did a wonderful race! I am sorry I didn't get back here to wish you luck beforehand!!! It sounds like a really beautiful course! I am so excited for ya!!!

Linda

Brighton - Congratulations to you and DH on an awesome race! Enjoyed reading your race report! Hope the kids feel better.

Laura - Hope you're feeling better.

Hello to all others.

I'll try to get back to posting regularly. Today's workout was Butts & Gut Standing Glute and Abs premix and 20 minutes of iClimb #16 45 minutes.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful Monday!

Last edited:
Brighton- Congrats on doing so well in your HM!!!!!! Wow, you rocked !!! Give DH a high five too from the Cheetahs! TG your ITB is feeling fine! So, when is the next one?

WTG BRIGHTON!!!!!

Major high fives on a job very well done!!! So glad that your ITB issues were non-existent....a testament to your very smart training ans dogged determination the past couple of months:). Gosh, that run must have been gorgeous! That hike probably helped you out in the long run, you know. Probably did you some good to keep those tired legs a movin';). Send some congrats onto DH too! Can't wait to check out the pics!

WAY TO GO, BRIGHTON!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I finally have good news to report from this side of the world, too. Entering week 2 of my meds, I have rounded the corner!! Parasites are on the run, and the idea (if not the reality) of exercising finally sounds inviting.

I've appreciated your Cheetah support. It's felt dumb to post when I have nothing to report, but the Cathe crew and the Cheetah's especially are supportive for both the intense times of working hard as well as times of injury and illness. Thanks.

WAY TO GO, BRIGHTON!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I finally have good news to report from this side of the world, too. Entering week 2 of my meds, I have rounded the corner!! Parasites are on the run, and the idea (if not the reality) of exercising finally sounds inviting.

I've appreciated your Cheetah support. It's felt dumb to post when I have nothing to report, but the Cathe crew and the Cheetah's especially are supportive for both the intense times of working hard as well as times of injury and illness. Thanks.

Laura - So glad to hear that you're feeling better!!!! I can't even imagine:confused:...yuck! I'm terribly sorry to hear of your friends' struggles...they will be in my prayers. Hang in there {{{HUGS}}}.

Today was supposed to be HSTA but I'm thinking a run might fit into my schedule a bit better this morning. Actually, I just though of an even better idea...I'll go bang out MM UB Push/Pull then go for my run. Yeah, me likey that idea:D.

Gotta get moving now! Ciao!

Mornin'!

It was such a nice surprise to see some of the others who popped in to congratulate Brighton! :D

Brighton: Loved the pics! Thanks for sharing! Now here's a dumb question that will probably reflect my knack of reading posts quickly and not truly digesting what is written at times (bad habit-nothing personal)...Where are the Canyonlands? Is that a part of the Grand Canyon or something different??

Laura: Glad your health is on the upswing again! I am sure you are itchin' to be able to report some kick azz runs/work outs. It will happen soon enough! :)

So y'day was a complete rest day. I started getting sick Sunday night and just wasn't up to it y'day. I'm hoping I'll be able to work out today. I still don't feel great but I DO feel better so we'll see...Push Circuit #2 is on tap. It'll be my first time doing this work out so I'm excited to try it! :D

Have a great day!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Brighton - Thanks for sharing your pics! Loved the view! You look great!

Laura - So glad you're on the mend! Give those icky little parasites the boot for good so you can get back to those workouts!

Wendi - You're thinking big this morning! Did you do MM and run?

Wendy - Sorry you weren't feeling well. Bet the rest day did you good. Hope you're ready to knock Push out of the ball park.

Today's workout was iTread 27 Drills and iTread #26 30 minutes. With the cool down, I ended up at 7 miles. Did Yoga Relax to finish up. Been rolling around on a tennis ball at work this morning to massage the sore glutes and hamstrings.

Have a terrific day!

Awwww, thanks everyone!!!!!! :):eek::D:eek:

I posted a few new pictures to that album you can check out if you feel like it-- it has a couple more of the actual Canyonlands course and us at the finish line too. :D

Judy, I had to laugh out loud when you asked about the next one!! :eek::D I was trying to plan out a race schedule yesterday afternoon to see what we'll be up to this year with triathlons and such.

Right now it's looking like this:
5/30 - Local Sprint Triathlon (1/2 mi swim, 20K bike, 5K run)
6/19-20 - Ragnar Series Wasatch Back Relay
7/11 - TriUtah Echo Olympic Distance Triathlon (1 mile swim, 40K bike, 10K run)
8/8 - Provo River Trail Run Half Marathon (if my girlfriends can talk me into doing another one this year! :eek::D:eek::p)
9/26 - Heber Valley Century Ride (my first century! [100 mi bike race] woo hoo! :))

The next *big* thing I'm up for is that Ragnar relay. I am really excited about it. DH did it last year, and it's a total blast. It's a 180 mile relay run from Logan, UT (not too far from the Idaho border) to Park City all along the Wasatch Backcountry-- basically ski country. There's 12 people on a team, and each member runs 3 legs over a 24 hour period. It's going to be intense (HILLS!!!!!:eek:), but I'm really excited.

For the next month I'm going to drop way back on the running, and try and get these ITB issues totally sorted out. Then I'll pick things up again in May to start preparing for the Ragnar.

Wendi: Yeah, I do think the short hike really helped keep things loose. :) It was pretty funny, about 2/3rds of the people we ran into on the trail were racers as well. Everyone was joking about how you could tell who the racers were because we were all walking "funny." ;)

Laura: Yay that the nasty little buggers are finally on the move!!!!! :D Sure hope things continue to improve daily. You'll be back in action before you know it! Awwwwww, thanks for the OD thread. You're too sweet. :eek:

Wendy: No worries, I don't know that a lot of people know exactly where Canyonlands is. It's near Moab, UT-- kind of the southeast part of the state. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moab,_Utah ) The two big draws there are Arches National Park (our HM course actually ran along the boundary line of Arches) and Canyonlands National Park. I hope you get feeling better soon too!!!

Thanks again to Linda & Jackie!!!

I probably ought to jet... the kids aren't feeling well (chest cold) and it's just about lunch time here.

Have a great day, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the Canyonlands explanation, Brighton! Nice schedule of races/tris you have there! Good for you! DH just told me he'd like to do a few 5k's with me this spring/summer if I do any. He did one last year with me. It was fun but a bit more labor intensive as that means we need a sitter for the races. Perhaps if we can't get one for a race this year I will hang on the sidelines and let him go it alone! :)

Feeling better today. I have a bit of a cough but it didn't affect my work out. I did Push Circuit 2 and LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!! I added interval cardio at the end of it. 10 high intensity 1 minute cardio drills with 30 seconds of rest between each. FUN STUFF! :eek:

Tomorrow calls for Burn Intervals and Extreme Abs but I think I will sub in a run for Burn Intervals this week. I am also going to take Centergy class-hopefully in the morning this time! I can hit the gym right after I drop Joey at school, run and then hit the class. :)

Gotta head off to mom's now....Have a good night!

Good morning ladies!

Brighton - That Ragnar Relay sounds challenging. My running partner has done those kinds of runs. He was complaining about having to do the 12 - 2 am leg. Hope the ITB issues are alleviated before the next big race. Kids feeling better today?

Wendy - That would be nice if you and DH could participate in some races together. Could you find some close to your mom and maybe she would come out and cheer you on and watch DS? Glad you're feeling better and glad you like Push Circuit. That was my favorite of the 3 phases.

Today's workout was GS Legs premix, Winsor Pilates Abs and a 15 minute treadmill walk.

Happy Hump Day!

Ahhhh, I am so tired today! The kids have chest colds which I have gone & come down with as well. :rolleyes: Oh well. I'm gonna try and get a nap in while they're down for theirs in a little while. ;) I did get in some yoga-- 20 min of standing poses with Mr.Yee. ;) Felt good.

Wendy: 5Ks are so fun. :) Yeah, sometimes the sitter thing makes races a little more complicated. We may be splitting up our races a bit this season for that same reason. Plus DH is getting more & more into road biking, so he's thinking about limiting the # of tris this year to explore that arena. It'll be interesting to see how things work out!

Jackie: Ouch! The 12-2 am leg is something I would struggle with, I'm sure. I like my sleep! :D Yeah, DH really lucked out last year... he ran his legs at 10am, 8pm, then 6am. I don't expect to be that lucky, but hopefully it won't be too bad. ;) Thanks re:ITB. I'm probably going to take a few weeks off running altogether, just to make sure things are nice and healed up.

Well, better run... getting close to lunch/naptime and I still need to make a run to the grocery store.

Have a great day, all! :D

Hello there.

Just finished Push Circuit 3 with cardio intervals added in. OH.MY.GOD.!!! Talk about puke status work out!!!!:eek: LOL I'm glad it's overwith! ;)

Brighton: How are the legs feelin' since the HM? I always get crazy sore after a longer race like that. Usually takes me several days to recover completely but it's worth it. :)

Off to grab some much needed nourishment after that crazy work out I just did! LOL

Toodles!

Hi ladies!

Brighton - Hope you and the kids feel better soon. Glad you were able to do some yoga - nice and gentle. A few weeks off running should be good for the ITB. Are you doing any rolling?

Wendy - Good job with adding cardio intervals to Push Circuit 3! Bet that was a good workout!

I did iTread #4 60 minutes and iStretch #24. Really like this stretch.

Have a great day!

Hi Jackie.

So which GS Legs premix did you do the other day?? Great work out today. Yeah, my work out was incredibly tough today. I hit a wall and had to grab some juice to revive myself about half way through. It didn't stop me though!!! :D

Afternoon, ladies!
sick0026.gif

Quick post just to pop in and say hi! :) Kids & I are doing okay, but still have nasty coughs. Ick. No workout today... just sleep. Zzzzzzzzz... :D So tired.

Wendy: Oh yes, there's been some serious quad DOMS the past few days... but today it seems to be pretty much gone. I'm hoping to start up regular workouts with weights on Mon. Hooray! :D Sounds like CLX is taking it to you! (In a good way, of course!) :)

Jackie: Thanks, I'm sure I'll kick this in a couple days... Yes, I usually roll at least once a day-- this week all I've been doing is the rolling & yoga. Ahhh. Nice to have a restorative week after all that pavement pounding. :) Nice workouts the past couple days! Love the Gym Series.

Okay... coughing fit... Going to lay down while the kids are napping.
Have a great day, everyone!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.