Boss Bands Total Body

I did this yesterday since I got the downloads - waiting for the bands and DVD to arrive Wednesday. I have the Arena bands so I was able to do the workout. I really enjoyed this. I'm so happy Cathe has workouts using these bands. I can't wait to use Cathe's bands - love the orange and green colors.

I did this yesterday since I got the downloads - waiting for the bands and DVD to arrive Wednesday. I have the Arena bands so I was able to do the workout. I really enjoyed this. I'm so happy Cathe has workouts using these bands. I can't wait to use Cathe's bands - love the orange and green colors.
I also have the Arena bands. I would be interested to hear how they compare to Cathe's when you receive them

I, too, would like to know your thoughts on the long bands, how easy is the light
One....do you have any problems getting it up over your head, like on the
Shoulder press or tricep ext?
I also have the Arena bands. I would be interested to hear how they compare to Cathe's when you receive them
I'm excited to compare. I know I like Cathe's colors better :)

DVDs and bands arrived yesterday as scheduled and did the Total Body workout yesterday too.

I was surprised at how humorous Cathe is in this video. I actually found myself LOLing at her jokes!

Old moves became new again with the bands. The "crab walk" with the bands made me think of Butts and Guts and how Cathe talks about her (then) little boys who loved to do this move with her because they think its so funny. And the shoulder shrugs made me think of Pure Strength when she talks about doing them with light weights because developing that area does not look good on females.

Absolutely no dread, no endless repetitions, and paced well so that time flies by. It takes extra motivation and planning to fit in workouts when I travel, so they need to be enjoyable for me to do it - this one definitely fits the bill. Yay for this one! Can't wait to try Boss Loops next.

I, too, would like to know your thoughts on the long bands, how easy is the light
One....do you have any problems getting it up over your head, like on the
Shoulder press or tricep ext?

Cathe does this with the green (medium) band. I didn't have trouble using either the green or the orange (light) band and getting it up over my head. I am 5'1", though.

I'm 5'10" and I had to use the orange band to lift up over my head. I also didn't use the blue band during the bicep workouts. Instead used the orange and green combination. Also on the pushups, I did one round on my knees and threw the bands away. I will never be as strong as Cathe and crew but that's OK with me. I too like the way the bands make old moves new again, and that I don't need endless repetition to feel the burn. Also really enjoy the music and set. Oh the stretch is great, too.

I did the upper body premix because I have a calf tweak that's healing. I thoroughly enjoyed this workout. Easy to make harder/easier with the modifications she mentioned ...adding another band or hand placement on band.The set is so visually appealing!!

The double band exercises were burners! I had to drop the green band to finish the reps.

I loved the warmup and see myself using it for other workouts. The core work was fun and not too many reps. Another person suggested doing the pushup sequence before the triceps exercises and I thought that worked better for me as well.

I know that the premixes will work great as finishers for other workouts. Could also combine premixes with pilates or kettlebells.

I was so happy to see how the fabric bands didn't grab and pull my hair the way regular bands do. I love the blue and orange bands :cool:

Lots of options with this DVD here!

Has everyone who has pre-oreder there band and dvds? I pre-ordered back in June and I haven't gotten mine yet.

I have the Arena loops for lower body. I loved the colors of Cathe’s, so I bought hers with the new lower body workout. I just got done trying the workout for the first time. I found the tension Cathe was using too light. So next time I will go up in strength. In comparing the sets of bands, the Arena ones are about two inches shorter than Cathe’s.

Has everyone who has pre-oreder there band and dvds? I pre-ordered back in June and I haven't gotten mine yet.
You should probably contact customer service.

In the past, I have noticed that preorders usually are done in order of preorder date.
So I received my Perfect 30 order later than those who preordered right away.

(FYI: I preordered Boss bands in April and have received them.)

I did the total body today, mostly with the lightest band due to a shoulder issue, all but two moves were great, and those I modified, it was really great for mobility & I'm sure to use the other bands soon. I do my own regular warm up on cardio days, I think the loops will be great for that too. Does anyone else feel the need to color coordinate? I did. :)

You should probably contact customer service.

In the past, I have noticed that preorders usually are done in order of preorder date.
So I received my Perfect 30 order later than those who preordered right away.

(FYI: I preordered Boss bands in April and have received them.)
Hi Lady Vol Fan, Only some people have received their order so far. When you preordered has very little to do with when you will receive your presale order as nearly all orders shipped out in just two days. Instead, when you will receive your pre-sale order is mainly determined by how far away from us you live and if you selected UPS or the Postal service for delivery. There are thousands of people who have not received their pre-sale orders yet. However, most of the USA should have their workouts toward the end of this week. International customers will take longer

I wanted the Cathe bands but the import duty to the UK just made the price a bit mad so I have similar bands from Amazon, which I think worked ok except for the bicep one (I've only done Total Body so far, not used the loops yet) - the fibres in the fabric were stretched to the limit and wouldn't quite make a full curl. I suspect my bands are maybe three inches or so shorter than Cathe's, but I could do all other exercises fine. Haven't done the loops yet but I feel I'll be ok. Felt like I was doing a strong intermediate workout which I like - something I can fit in early in the morning before work but won't feel totally wiped afterwards!

Another person suggested doing the pushup sequence before the triceps exercises and I thought that worked better for me as well
I did the UB premix today, and I from now on I will also do the Chest work prior to the Triceps exercises... they fried my triceps too much to be able to do the push-ups. I suspect Cathe sequenced it that way to make it more challenging (Insert Cathe's witch's laugh ...lol).

Really enjoyed this as a change-up. So nice to have some new workouts!

my DVD's and bands arrived today. The pictures I took are too large to show comparison in size with Cathe's bands and Arena bands. Cathe's body bands are about 1.5 inches shorter than the Arena bands. Cathe's booty bands are about 2 inches longer than Arena bands.

I'm 5'5" - Doing a quick comparison with the strength, I am unable to get Cathe's blue (heavy) body band over my head for shoulder presses and tricep work. I don't have any issues with the Arena black band.

The Cathe's booty bands feel easier since they are about 2 inches longer - I think these will be better for me since I have knee issues. I had be careful with the Arena bands since some exercises cause my knees hurt - not while doing the exercises, but later.

I'm happy I got the bands...Off to check out the DVD's...

I did this one today. I don't have Cathe's bands as being in New Zealand the shipping costs were too high. I bought some bands off Amazon. I had to use my light band for the overhead tricep extensions, I couldn't get my medium band up over my head. I also had to go lighter on the bicep curls using one heavy instead of heavy and medium and one medium where Cathe used one heavy. I still got a really good burn in my biceps. I found the push ups difficult as the tension of the band on my hands was raising my palms a bit and putting more pressure on my wrists. I'll do the push ups without the band in future.

I like how this workout is easy to modify just by changing the band or, for some of the exercises, how far apart you have your feet or hands. It is also easy to advance as you get stronger. All in all this Boss series is another winner!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.