Damage Control

Work is bat @#$% crazy with covid stuff. Lots of phone calls, letters for employers, the DOH, contact tracing, etc. Our small office is testing around 50/day and they are testing 440/day in the next county over. I had one guy who was positive who went to the dentist last week. No wonder it's spreading everywhere. Our weekly card game on Wednesday nights is postponed until the pandemic is under some better control (can't come soon enough). I'm wondering if Christmas will need to be modified, too.

I like doing RWH legs just the weight work for a quick lower body, heavy weight day. Tonight is legs for me. Monday I did upper body (lite pyramid). I'm still just doing weight splits-seems to work best with working full time. I've also been walking to work in the AM and home for lunch then driving back for the afternoon. It's not ideal because I'd rather not drive at all, but it's too dark to walk home at 5PM.

Stay safe.

Beth

How was your week? I have been doing pretty good. People in my office are starting to get Covid though so we'll see what happens with staffing. All the schools here are on a two week remote learning starting on Monday (between Thanksgiving and hunting season I think they only have school four days anyway in the whole two weeks). Work has been honoring my requests to be off every Thursday and Friday from 1-5. It's been a nice break from the masks and is letting me walk to and from work and then get another workout in! I'm off all of November and December that way so am much happier at work. Now I'm debating about taking time in January and February.

Did you snag any black Friday deals? I downloaded 10 more lives yesterday. Arms and Abs on the ball is really good-did that one first. My abs are nice and sore this morning! I got some of the ones that are more in the express category-like Burn Sets Legs and Iron Legs. They are nice to do after work when I don't feel like eating dinner at 7:30! I might look into some individual workouts on DVD-still want to get IMAX 4 (low impact) from the Step Boss series. We'll see. I've not been doing much cardio at home, but winter is coming!

Any weekend plans? I've simplified my diet to take some of the decision fatigue out. Porridge, soup, and stew are breakfast, lunch and dinner. So basically breakfast has been oatmeal, oat bran, or cold cereal with a fruit (usually banana or raisins). Lunch is soup with apple. Dinner is a one dish meal like chili, pasta, or stew (making shrimp and cabbage stew this weekend). I've been doing this the past week and like the structure. I still make sheet pan dishes-veggies and tofu usually. DH will make rice and veggies-still all in one bowl. We're doing small amounts of meat-wild rice soup with chicken and turkey chili this week-but focusing on lots of vegetables. Just trying to maintain weight. Oh and I do snack! Yogurt, crackers and goat cheese, veggies and hummus. I still need calcium with the osteoporosis diagnosis.

DH might get a turkey this week. He can never find one that's just right...I told him to get one and have the butcher cut it in half if it's too big!

Beth

Colorado is red level, as is most of the US. We just stay home unless we need to go out. Everyone else in the house still has to go to work. We take the necessary precautions. I've been sanitizing all the door handles and light switches daily. It sounds like a vaccine is near and that will really help.

The girls arrived Saturday night. We are having a great time with them. We are hosting Thanksgiving and will have 12 people total. I am making 2 pans of lasagna and my SIL is making Gnocchi. I think there will be lots of desserts too. MIL is making a pumpkin cheesecake, peanut butter & chocolate ganache brownies, some kind of pie, and SIL is also bringing a german chocolate pie. My niece is bringing a large salad and garlic bread. Not a traditional Thanksgiving meal, but this is not a traditional year.

I've been getting in 5 to 6 workouts per week. I'm still struggling with my weight though. Sometimes I feel as though I've been dieting my whole life and for what. I do feel better when I eat better though. Trying to stick to protein and veggies for lunch and dinner and having a smoothie or overnight oats for breakfast.

I have not done any black Friday shopping at all. I have Cathe Live and On Demand and do those every now and again. I really enjoy the heavier lifting with thewkout. My knee is still causing me problems and my feet hurt more too. The foot I had the 5 bunion surgeries and cartilage replacement just aches and sometimes I get these sharp shooting pains on the top of my foot from where the incision was across my foot. The bunion on my left foot has become really painful in the last year and it's probably time to have it removed. I'm putting that off until this pandemic is over. Noticing how I'm slowing down as I get older is a real buzz kill. I'm not ready to be old and give up my activities and run around with the girls outside.

Hope you have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm so glad the girls were still able to visit with the virus mess our country is in. Non traditional thanksgiving for the win! We did have some traditional dishes here-turkey and mashed potatoes, but it was so nice not to have to stress about everything being done on time and making everyone's favorite dishes. DS1 ate with us and was really happy it was just our family unit. He also cleaned his room yesterday-first time ever. He did blow out the fuse box in the process, but hey-it's how you learn!

This weekend has been weights and walking for me. I'm starting to write down all the Lives I've gotten so I can reference them better and know how long and what equipment I need for them. Today is upper body-I'm thinking Toasted Trisets right now.

Soccer has been fun to watch and I'm into a new author named Matt Haig. He's kind of science fiction/philosophy and my latest novel is about an alien invader observing humans.

Stay safe!

Beth

I'm yearning for a sense of normalcy. I feel like a hermit. Some days are better than others for sure. I definitely feel better when I get my workouts in. I'm still getting 5-6 days of exercise per week. The next 5 or so days are supposed to be nice, so I can go out and walk around the lakes. I need the sunshine vitamin! The wkout put out a 30 day December challenge. I'll be starting that next week. It's basically 45 to 50 minutes of weight training followed by 20 min of cardio 5 or 6 days per week, plus 1 day of yoga/stretching.

Did you get Perfect 30? I have Live and OnDemand but haven't tried them yet. I used to think that 30 minutes wasn't enough to get in a good workout. Older and wiser now and see that it's not necessary to have more time. Although I still prefer 45-60 minutes when I can.

I bought the 75 Hard book but haven't started it yet. I don't have as much "me" time with everyone being home more. The wkout put out a 30 day December challenge. I'll be starting that next week. Taking pictures and measurements hopefully tomorrow. I haven't been able to find the body tape measure. I may try to pick one up today. I definitely enjoy my off Fridays!

Oh, my new table arrived yesterday. It is so pretty. Now I just need to find some chairs for it. I'll text you a picture.

It's sounds like DS1 is coming around and spending more time with the family. Yay. Perhaps all your decluttering is rubbing off on him and that prompted him to go through his room.

TGIF!!

How are you doing? Have you been able to get outside? I managed to walk to and from work on Thursday and Friday and we did two shorter walks yesterday. It feels like 16 out right now so it better get warmer if I'm going to get a walk in today!

Your table is beautiful. Hopefully we'll be spending more time with extended families soon so you can all enjoy it! Your tree is pretty. Mine just has the lights on it. I am starting to get some things out of the boxes for Christmas. DH bought a wreath for outside that we can use for many years. It has lights on it and some decorations. Otherwise I have very little out. My goal is to bring one thing at a time up from the basement until I feel like I'm decorated. I'm not a huge decorator anyway and prefer very little to be sitting out-plus the cats like to knock everything off so it doesn't take me long ot decorate anyway!

I'm working my way through all my Lives and writing down times, weights, etc. It's helping me remember all the workouts and I'm avoiding repeats for a while. Yesterday was a lower body. Today will be an upper body-All In Upper Body or Awesome Upper Body-whichever is longer since it's the weekend. Friday I did a low impact with step-it was a bit like Athletic Training.

Beth

I enjoyed my 3 day weekend. I got a pedicure, visited DS2, and returned some items to 2 different stores. Yesterday DH and I cleaned the house. I do the bathrooms and kitchen and he does the vacuuming and dusting. We leave the basement for the boys to do. I do have to remind them to clean their bathroom. It gets a little gross with 2 boys sharing it.

I'm hoping to start Thewkout Dec challenge next week. I should be ready by the weekend. I'm trying to get through the ones that were before the Dec challenge. The weather is supposed to nice today through Wednesday so I hope to go walk around the lakes at lunch. My body is sore from the past 4 days of workouts so walking today sounds like a nice recovery day.

We only put up the tree. It's only decorated because the girls wanted to do it before they left. I'm not decorating the house. To be honest, we don't have any shelving or anywhere to put up any decorations. I'm the only one that enjoys it, and it just ends up being more work for me. I just don't stress about it anymore.

I like your plan. The lives are so much I think. Just like taking the class with her.

Hope you have a great week!

Just rolling along here. Getting a little depressed, I think, about not being able to get together with anyone for Christmas. What's the point of decorating?! Doing a secret santa at work is the most fun, but we had to give a list of what we'd like so probably won't be a surprise.

Walking and weights for me. Holding steady and feeling pretty good. My stomach is the biggest challenge so I just wear sweats most of the time. Is that lazy? I'm getting to the point where comfort is more important. Been thinking about goals for next year to keep me engaged in working out. I think I'm going to shoot for 400 minutes of movement a week. We'll see how it goes when I can't walk to work. I get 100 minutes on each weekend day so then have to do 4 50 minutes during the week. That still leaves me with a rest day. I'm going to track it.

What are you doing this weekend? I've got no plans at this point.

Beth

Wow, its been a very stressful week. Tuesday and Wednesday were 12 hour days due to issues. Thursday my internet was out so I missed a full day of work. It was still out on Friday morning so I went to my SIL's to work. It came back on around lunch time so I drove back home to finish up the day. I also had to work Friday night 6am. On my drive home in snow and ice, my sister called to let me know her best friends son and wife were found dead. We have know her since I was in high school. Her son was only 28 years old. It was carbon monoxide poisoning. https://kdvr.com/news/local/2-centr...nd-dead-in-their-home-investigation-underway/

Workout wise I think I got in 3 days, but it's a blur. On Thursday when the internet was down I did X10, the 52 min premix. This is why I still have my dvd's! I need to trim down my collection and sell the ones I don't use or can't use any longer. Are there any dvd's that you don't have and would like? I'd be happy to send them to you for shipping costs.

I feel you. Things are definitely shifting and the menopot is a real thing. It is so frustrating. On top of the weight gain that refuses to come off and changing body type, I'm so frustrated. My dr. did tell me not to stress about as that makes it much harder to lose and that it would be very difficult at this point in time for the weight to come off. She said focus on eating healthy and exercising regularly. In a few years when I past this meno crap, it will be a bit easier for the weight to come off. I hope she's right. Both of my older sisters in their 60's have not been able to lose the meno weight. Some of it is just hereditary and genes. Just gonna keep doing the best I can to stay healthy.

I'm not sure what we are doing for Christmas. It is my year to host my family on Christmas Eve, but DH doesn't want to. I have a large family with lots of nieces and nephew who bring their significant others and we can have 20 to 45 people. We are planning on doing Christmas with his side of the family on Christmas day. It is 15 people, but most of are working from home and only go out when necessary for groceries. I did buy the spiral ham yesterday in case we decide to move forward. I also bought an air purifier so that should help, but masks-social distancing-and NOT having indoor groups of people is what works best. We don't want to put his mom at risk.

No plans for me this weekend. Recovering from working all day Friday and overnight Friday night is it. I may wrap some of the gifts I have for the girls.

OMG-that story is so sad. They were so young. Plus it's awful that families can't be together to mourn.

I do not need any dvd's. I like the Lives and have had issues with streaming at times, too. I have kept all my weight work ones and low impact. I still want to get IMAX 4 at some point and maybe the new 30 minutes weight one. I have been logging in my lives and have at least 8 upper body so far. Maybe I'll go through and do upper body dvd's and get a record of everything. I'm not doing any repeats right now so it's kind of fun. I'm not sure 400 minutes is doable in the winter. I may back up to 350 a week. Working full time the upper/lower split makes the most sense for me. Yesterday I did a metabolic just to get some extra fat burning.

I think I'll feel better once the holidays are over and my provider is back from maternity leave. At work I'm just tossed around wherever needed and it's getting a little stressful. You sound like you had a hell of a week at work-yikes! I hope this one is better.

Beth

Wow, another stressful workweek is behind me. No workouts for me from Dec11th-17th. I finally did a heavy leg/cardio session yesterday. Today will be some kind of upper body and cardio.

The girls will be here today!!! I'm so happy to see them again. I have a tiny bit of Christmas shopping to finish up today. Most of it was done yesterday. Most of the wrapping was done yesterday too. We are doing trivia again with the boys and even the girls too.

We cancelled Christmas with my side of the family. We usually all get together on Christmas Eve. It can be 30 or more people and we just decided against it this year with all that is going on. We will be celebrating Christmas with DH's side of the family, as we see all of them anyway on a fairly regular basis. There will be 14 of us there.

The hubs got me nice wooden hangers for our new closet. I'm really looking forward to having that installed in January. Before and after pictures for sure. Our solar was supposed to installed Dec 16th. but there was some kind of scheduling mishap. Now it is scheduled for Dec. 23rd. It has to be installed in 2020 to get the 26% federal credit on our taxes. If it goes into 2021, the credit drops to 22%.

I only have to work Mon-Wed this next week. I go back to work on Jan 4th. I'm so looking forward to this nice long break!

How are you doing? What do have planned for this week?

Well, Monday I had CPR training at 7AM. I did a lower body live that night. Tuesday I was tired, so took a day off of working out. Tonight after work I did Awesome Upper Body live. It's very similar to a dvd workout in one of the series. It's short, starts with Chest and Tri exercises for 2 rounds, then shoulders for 2 rounds, and finishes with back and bi's for 2 rounds. It's fun and is only 39 minutes. I went as heavy as I could and did pause some or just skipped some reps-I did crazy 7's instead of crazy 8's-but used heavier than I usually use. So my upper body feels good and pumped!

Hope you're having a great week off! It must be so fun to have the grandchildren there. I ended up with a 4 day weekend so am off until next Monday! Not a whole lot planned. Just the three of us again for the holiday. I guess my company got 2000 vaccines and I may get vaccinated in January. Just in time for a mutated virus....

How did the solar panels turn out? All in? Enjoy your holiday and time off.

Beth

My workouts have been hit or miss this past week. Just busy at work and getting everything ready for Christmas. We have holiday shutdown. I don't go back to work until Jan. 4th. I really need this break.

Since it's just our family for Christmas Eve, the boys decided on a burger bar for dinner tonight. DH is making buffalo burgers and bacon. We have 3 kinds of cheese to choose from, sautéed mushrooms, jalapeno's, onion, tomato etc. and Brioche buns. DH is also making french fries in the fryer. I'm also going to roast some veggies for me and the girls. DS2 is bringing con queso and chips. It will be a fun night. Much different than our normal family gathering. I think I will pick up some sparkling cider for the girls.

The solar is still not installed, and I'm so angry. They did come yesterday and prepped the roof for the panels. It was too windy to install them. They left the panels on the side of the house. He said they would be back next week to install them. Last night the scheduler called and said we were on the schedule for January 6th. The reason we went with this company is they said they could be installed this year. I did express my disappointment, but she said they are all booked up next week. If there is a cancellation, they will put us in. I'm going to have DH see if they can give us a credit since they are the reason it isn't getting completed this year. I don't like that they left the panels on the side of the house. There aren't any houses behind us, and everyone can see them. Hopefully they don't get damaged or stolen.

Merry Christmas to you and yours! I'll pop back in after Christmas.

I told my mom about your burger bar-she loved that idea and it sounded delicious! Hope you had a nice holiday. We did visit with my mom and dad in their basement for an hour with masks on. It was funny-everyone else was dying with having to wear the mask so long-for me it was nothing! Finding out today about my shot! Can't wait.

Been doing total body workouts this week. I might get more lives just to keep it interesting.
Not much else going on-just work and trying to sleep.

Beth

We had a wonderful holiday! It was different for sure but still a lot of fun. I went back to my rotation and did 3 days then we had a surprise visitor-the girls mom stayed for 2 nights and just left yesterday. The girls will fly home tomorrow. She's in a bad relationship and is considering moving back to Colorado. The girls birthday is in Jan and they may even be coming back for that.

I'm going to start a new 2021 thread for us!

How is your week going?

I'm in a training class this week and it was a very long day yesterday. I was able to get a workout in during our lunch break. I really need my workouts or I'm just dragging all day. I basically go from my bed to my desk.

Our solar was installed on the 11th hour, on Dec 30th and 31st. That means we will get the 26% federal tax credit. Hopefully that will help us get a refund this year. This week our custom closet will be installed. I'm really looking forward to that! Next up is the backyard. Once that is determined, I would like to do the closets in the girls room and my office. The girls room is so small, I want to take out the dresser and hutch and give them a closet organization system too. I think we can find something at home depot or the like and have my son install it.

I didn't start a new thread for us yet. I was thinking we might want to change the name. Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking healthy habits or something along those lines.

ttyl

Yeah! Glad you got the solar installed. Not much going on here. Work...

Workouts this week were a walk on Sunday, Metabolic lives on Monday and Wednesday so far. I got out an hour early today so am planning on doing something in a few minutes. Every day I just wing in and am aiming for 5 days a week now. Work is just so draining in itself. The sidewalks aren't good for walking with the recent snow/melt/ice situation on them. DH is back to going to the pool-I'm jealous. We were having such a good time this time last fall/winter with going twice a week after work and then going out to dinner one time.

Beth

How is your weekend? I ended up getting in 7 workouts last week from Sunday to Saturday. I added a live boxing one on Thursday, a Metabolic of Friday, and then a walk and heavier leg weights yesterday. Today will a walk and an upper body live. I'm making index cards of all the lives to make it easier to figure out what to do, what equipment I need, how long it is, etc. Put the Christmas decor away yesterday. Now I see how much dusting needs to be done!

I have thought about what to name the thread and I can't think of anything better! Do you want to join another existing check-in so there's more people? I'm actually fine with just us. It's like having an accountability friend to keep me motivated! But let me know and we'll do whatever you want.

Beth

Wow, 7 workouts is awesome!! I was in a training class all week. It sure made for long days. I did workout Jan 1st-6th. I started back up yesterday after 2 rest days. Today is Chest and Cardio.

Our new closet was installed and looks beautiful. I'm very happy with it but we may make a couple of changes. Somehow, I don't seem to have enough hanging space but am using about 2 feet on the hubs side. Some of my hanging could be folded, but I prefer to hang it. As I'm putting things in there, I'm trying them on and getting rid of anything that doesn't fit. As irritating as it is to have so many clothes that no longer fit, I feel good knowing that I can wear anything in my closet. My body has gotten much softer even though I'm going heavy with the weights and continuing my workouts. I do get in 5-6 per weeks. The belly fat is by far the worst. Things no longer fitting or being tight in the waist.

My granddaughters and their mom are coming back for another week. They will arrive on Thursday, which is the girls 13th birthday!!! Teenagers! We will probably have a small family party for them on Saturday or Sunday.

I'm happy with the name too. Just thought we might be up for a change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.:)

Today will just be my workout, shoveling (it snowed last night), cleaning the bathrooms and a bit of grocery shopping. We have plenty of food, but I need more fruits and veggies.

ttyl

I agree about the clothes. If something doesn't feel right anymore, I just get rid of it. I've been doing that to underwear, pants, coats, everything. I must be shrinking because I'm even finding some of my shirt sleeves to be too long anymore. If they're good quality I save them for jammie shirts, but button downs are out the door.

Teenagers already! It seems like they were just starting kindergarten. I'm so happy you're getting to see them more. Have a great birthday party!

I definitely miss walking and can't wait for spring. Cardio is almost non-existent for me. I did do Rock 'M Sock 'M last night with abs and enjoyed it. Tonight I'm planning on lower body weights. I've been going heavier with weights and was still needing to recover last night from Saturday's leg weights. That's why the walking is so nice, it gets me moving daily.

Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.