Lifting like girls

Anybody watch the Kentucky Derby? We don't, but geez our neighbors down the block were having a huge viewing party. I almost crashed it because I want to try out a mint julep but decided I'd better not.

Tom, Ezekiel bread sounds froufrou but really if I can get it here, you can find it anywhere. It's a sprouted grain bread, usually in the freezer section, except at Trader Joe's where it's stored on the shelf. I'm with you on half a$$ing it today. I did total body weights but my right knee started popping and groaning during squats, so that killed the leg portion of my workout. But something is better than nothing.

Karen, I think of you every time YouTube tries to convince me to watch a Julia workout!

Have a crazy (in a good way) rest of your weekend!

Heavy day, but planned on singles at 230 and on the first one the path down felt really awkward so I short armed it, dropped to 215 and did 5 triples, 195x8 8 6, 175x10 8 6 and tried 135 without the block but shoulders were too fried! Accessories were chins x10 8 8 and Pullovers x12, db press x10 9 8 and rear delt flys x20, BBCurls z10 10 8 and hammer curls x8 10, the 3x8 pushdowns. Total with warm up bench sets was 33 sets and it took FOREVER!! I think I was down there 2.5 hours however I did spend a lot of time between sets contemplating the meaning of life!! I will have to find a way to shorten the time when I start working more days...hope it's temporary! Have a great Monday all!

Light day, I used 175x8 8 8 7, then 3 sets pulldowns 3 sets side laterals/ front raise, 3 sets of db curls and 3 sets Skullcrushers. Yesterday was a skip, heard the sump pumps going all night so I didn't waste my time! Hope all is well for yall! Gray guy out!

I’ve been missing in action, again. My apologies. It’s been such a wet Spring, the weeds have taken over my yard. Pulling weeds like a fiend, and soooo done with weed pulling.
I’ve been doing a little of this, and a little of that. Lauren Brooks, another KB guy, can’t remember his name. Julia, of course, and I found a new person on Instagram, where Julia gets some of her workout material. she was posted on You Tube, so, I think she wants to be out there. She’s 1busybody, if you’re interested. That’s it! Hope your week is treating you both with kindness.

Leg day, 5 sets of leg press in the 8-12 rep range, 3x15 gob squats, 3x8 rev lunges, 1x25 kb swings and 2x20 calf raises(50# kb). I do these really slow, full rom and hold the peak contraction for a full 2 sec....really burns those pups! Finished with 3 sets of cable crunches. I'm so glad I have the leg press, not sure what I would do for heavy quad work without it!
I'm off to do "time"...hopefully it's a short "full time we sentence"!! Have a super Thursday friends!

Tom, drove downtown this morning past our local detention center. It had a big billboard hanging outside with a picture of a nurse treating an inmate, with the caption "Nursing that matters." I guess they're hiring, but wow I marvel at the work you and other healthcare professionals provide to the incarcerated. I definitely don't think I could handle the environment, but then again, thinking of dealing with blood or touching someone else's teeth brings up last night's dinner...

Tuesday was glutes, yesterday was Upper body, and today was quad focused legs.

Karen, those weeds never go away! I won't let my DH use Round Up so it's even more cumbersome. Glad you're okay and taking care of business as usual.

Ready Set Step Live, August 2018. Exactly what ot sounds like, good old fashioned step cardio. This one was new to me, where have I been? Enjoyed it. Hope you both enjoyed your sweat sessions today and that the weekend treats you right.

Probably my last longer day for awhile, think I will go back to bodypart/day trying to add extra where I can like tris with chest, bis with back, some chest on Sat with legs or deads etc. Just won't have time for marathons!
Today was 12 sets bench, warm up sets at 135 155 175 195 then 205 ,4 sets of 5 185 2x8 (all with small block under shirt) then 155x12 (small block on bar) and 135x12 ( to chest for stretch...ouch!). Accessories were 3 sets of chins, 1 set of Db press and 2 sets side laterals/front raise, 3 sets Db curls and 3 sets skullcrushers. Tomorrow I may try some legs...hopefully!
All I got friends...kick a$$!!

A very Happy Mothers Day to you friends!! You deserve some R&R on your day...hope it's a terrific one and you get to enjoy it!!
I did sneak downstairs and supersetted leg press 3x10 and cable crunches 3x20, then did calf raises x25 20 15 and that was it....off with DW for "Mama's Day" lunch...,somewhere! Have a fun day ladies, it was earned!

Good morning lifter girls! Chest and tris today, I am going to try to lean down and maintain strength as much as possible. I gave been around195 but with the 15 years of prednisone, more middle stuff than I want! Bench today was warm up sets at 135 155 175 195, then singles at 215 225 and 230, then dropped to 200x8 185x10, put the block on the bar and 170x10 then took the block off and touched chest for 155x10. I have freakin got stronger!! 230 was not hard today and all the sets of 10 and 200x8....pretty hap old fa#t!! I did 6 sets of tris, 3x10 skullcrushers, pushdowns x10 8 and 1x15 tri pushups...whole thing was about an hour....much better! I am off today which may be rare for awhile, gonna have to get back in "full time" shape! Slay your Monday dragons friends!

Tom, thanks for the Mother's Day wishes. I hope your DW was pleased with her day! Same to you, Karen.

Tom, great numbers today. Wow, 15 years of prednisone. I've heard that stuff can be brutal on the body. You're a trooper! Sounds like you've got lots of work hours coming your way, that will keep you away from the Twizzlers! I hope it's not too cray for you, work wise.

I don't remember my last workout post, so I will just say Saturday was Upper body and today was last week's Low impact Live, can't remember the exact title. Lots of end of school year stuff happening here, as well as all the other usual chaos! Have a great start to your week!

Hi guys! I know! Hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day, Lisa. Your dear wife as well, Tom. Today was my own made up lower body workout. Squats, hip thrusts, BB lunges, you know all the usual stuff. Thursday was Cathe Live, and Friday was a Julia workout. The first of last week is a blur. I’ve been pulling weeds like a fiend. Can’t stand another minute of it. I think weed roots are half way to China. Nice job with the workouts guys. You’re both kicking butt. I know you’re busy with the end of school year. I remember those days Lisa. Nice strength gains Tom. Good job. Will try to keep up with my posts. Until tomorrow friends.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.