Ripped w/HiiT vs. Xtrain

jcm

Cathlete
I'm finishing up another round of STS and I'm trying to decide which of these series to purchase. I finished the Strong and Sweaty series a while back. Just wondering what you would say are the key differences between these two and what you noticed as far as results? Also, I prefer a 3 month program (like STS or Ultimate Yogi) ... are either of these better to work into a 3 month program?

Jen

I'm finishing up another round of STS and I'm trying to decide which of these series to purchase. I finished the Strong and Sweaty series a while back. Just wondering what you would say are the key differences between these two and what you noticed as far as results? Also, I prefer a 3 month program (like STS or Ultimate Yogi) ... are either of these better to work into a 3 month program?

Jen

I would look into them because they are both very different systems. I love ripped with HIIT so that would get my vote. I use it more that X-train. The plyo HIITs and both lower body weight/HIIT workouts are regulars in my rotations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am very late to chime in on this question, but I find X Train more approachable and Ripped with HiiT very demanding. I mean, every single RWH workout is HARD. I find when you do X Train, you get more variation: doing Burns Sets Bis and Tris or Chest Back and Shoulders is demanding, but lets other body parts recover. I find RWH relentless, and now I only do it mixed with another rotation: one week RWH, one week LIS; or now I am doing Strong and Ripped.

I am very late to chime in on this question, but I find X Train more approachable and Ripped with HiiT very demanding. I mean, every single RWH workout is HARD. I find when you do X Train, you get more variation: doing Burns Sets Bis and Tris or Chest Back and Shoulders is demanding, but lets other body parts recover. I find RWH relentless, and now I only do it mixed with another rotation: one week RWH, one week LIS; or now I am doing Strong and Ripped.

This is exactly the response I would have written. For these reasons, Xtrain is more versatile and will see you through for longer. You can use it when you are injured or needing to ease up on high impact. Not so RWH. RWH is not forgiving at all.

Clare

Thanks for the input. After watching clips RWH seemed to really have a lot of plyo moves, which is okay, but I mean A LOT!! I decided to go with Xtrain. It just arrived yesterday. Finishing up an ICE rotation then getting started on the 90 day Xtrain.

Please let us know what you think! I just love X Train...every single workout is fun, except for X Train Legs, but even that workout is welcome because there is 0 impact and the exercises are so effective. I have grown to appeciate it, and really glad Cathe has it in the rotation so I will do it. :)

I'm excited to start in January. Doing ICE right now as a break, but I think I'm the only person not in love with this series. I confess ... bored!

Step Question: X Train / Ripped with HIIT and ICE and others . . . step question. I do not not have and I need to get one as most of these series need one. I don't have a lot of space in my workout area, so what is the smallest length I can get away with using these workout programs? I know that the "normal" step is about 42" long, but I am afraid that I don't have the space for that length. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Step Question: X Train / Ripped with HIIT and ICE and others . . . step question. I do not not have and I need to get one as most of these series need one. I don't have a lot of space in my workout area, so what is the smallest length I can get away with using these workout programs? I know that the "normal" step is about 42" long, but I am afraid that I don't have the space for that length. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.
In my opinion it would depend on the workout. Anything with leg presses would be fine with just the small step Cathe at times uses. But anything else - minimal step, squats in a box, box jumps - I think I'd personally be scared to go much shorter than the original step. I'm not very coordinated and stay away from actual Step workouts. But just based on her other workouts and the way the step is used if it weren't as long as a "normal" step I'd be afraid over over-shooting and hurting myself!

In my opinion it would depend on the workout. Anything with leg presses would be fine with just the small step Cathe at times uses. But anything else - minimal step, squats in a box, box jumps - I think I'd personally be scared to go much shorter than the original step. I'm not very coordinated and stay away from actual Step workouts. But just based on her other workouts and the way the step is used if it weren't as long as a "normal" step I'd be afraid over over-shooting and hurting myself!
This is exactly what I needed and like you, I’m not very coordinated either. So helpful! Thank you!

I live in an apartment and I have a small coffee table, my trick, I pick it up and set it on my couch while I work out or if no one is running in or out i place it in the entrance hall in front of my door...I have long legs so any wide movements I can clear my couch..
Beth

I live in an apartment and I have a small coffee table, my trick, I pick it up and set it on my couch while I work out or if no one is running in or out i place it in the entrance hall in front of my door...I have long legs so any wide movements I can clear my couch..
Beth
So helpful thank you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.