Trouble streaming and would like to switch to 6month option

LadyLep

Cathlete
Hi, my 7 Days Free just ended last night and I have a question: when I’m doing a workout, sometimes the sound is slower than the video and sometimes the video is slower than the sound. Is this what I can expect?

I’m watching thru the On Demand app mirroring from my iPad to my tv on WiFi. My router is less than 6’ from my iPad and TV.

And can I switch to 6 month or is it too late to get the discount?

Thanks,
Allison

Hi LadyLep, No audio should always be in sync with video. What is your connection speed? As for converting to a 6 month membership you can either wait to next month or contact our customer service for assistance at [email protected]

Hi LadyLep, No audio should always be in sync with video. What is your connection speed? As for converting to a 6 month membership you can either wait to next month or contact our customer service for assistance at [email protected]

I just tested using the speed test app suggested on your site. and the results are:
4ms ping
30mbps download
26mbps upload

I have no idea if this is good or even acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi LadyLep, your speed is not great but should be sufficient. Do you have an audio sync issue on your iPad or only when you mirror your screen to your TV?

Cathe On Demand is the only thing I use mirroring for, so I don’t know.

What should my speed be? I did greatest hits this morning and had the same issue of the sound being ahead of the Picture a couple of times, but it would catch up a couple of moments later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've used the streaming service recently with only 12ms ping, 10mbps down, 2.4mbps up and it works perfect with both OnDemand and Live. No issues at all.

Sometimes having a wireless device too close to a router can cause wifi interference. So if it's possible to move the router or even the wifi device (iPad) further away it might be worth a try.

Last edited:
Cathe On Demand is the only thing I use mirroring for, so I don’t know.

What should my speed be? I did greatest hits this morning and had the same issue of the sound being ahead of the Picture a couple of times, but it would catch up a couple of moments later.

I don't think speed is your issue. I would always suggest trying to get 100 mbps, but 30 mbps should be ok. I'm still a little confused by how you're playing our OnDemand workouts. You say you're mirroring your iPad over wifi to your big TV. The only way to do this would be if you're using Apple TV. Can you confirm this and tell me what model# of Apple TV you're using? Also, I still need to know if you have audio sync issues when playing the workouts directly on your iPad without mirroring to your TV?

I will check the model of Apple TV,I know it’s not the latest version. And I will test the video w/o mirroring.

I just did a Cathe Live workout from the app on my iPad. There were 3 times when the screen was garbled/pixelated then went back to normal. But this was different from the syncing problem. And my Apple TV model #MC572LL/A

That's only on the last two videos before yesterday's workout. It's a problem on IBM's end that they're aware of and working on. What this tells you is you're receiving the files in sync and everything is working until you mirror your screen and try to play the videos using Apple TV. This means there is either a problem with Apple TV or you router. I would suggest first checking to see if your Apple TV is up to date. If it is I would unplug it for 30 secs and then plug it back in and see if this solves your issues. If not I would try rebooting your router.

Last edited:
Ok, I’ll check that, also, I’m trying to access the workout blender. Once I’m signed in, I go to the workout blender tab and all I can do is watch the tutorial or 4day split. Am I missing something?
a5fb73a4f4564f52a71616f150b3dab2.jpg

LadyLep, if you are using the workout blender on your iPad, etc, on the above screen, where it says select a video,
If you tap that, any workout blender videos you have blended and named, etc. should show up in a drop down
Menu, then you pick the one you want, and it should bring it up and you can play...you can't blend any new workouts on a mobile device in the blender, as far as I know, only on a computer. But you should be able to play
Any workouts that you have already blended. Hope that helps.

Thanks, aqua girl, I was wondering if I needed to create them on my iMac and then view them on my iPad. After some digging it looked like workout blender is only for Mac and PC. But to know that I can still view them after created is cool!

You can blend workouts in the blender on a laptop....at least I can on my chromebook, cause it actually is a
Computer. I would think you could on a iMac laptop, not sure...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.