Macro dieting?

What are your thoughts on this. I count calories and I typically eat the whole foods diet. Fruits veggies grains with protein.

I'm wondering if I should pay attention to how many of the calories I'm getting--like do I get too many fat calories, carb calories, or protein calories. Which is macro dieting. Or maybe it doesn't matter? I wanna to lose 10-15 pounds of fat so I'm willing to do what it takes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got both- but the one for women is much better. I think it's more up to date, easily navigable, and the section on the psychology of dieting is very, very useful and grounding. I followed the book recommendations for a while, to get used to that way of eating, then I bought a template.
I'm just finishing up week 10. Body composition-wise the changes have been phenomenal.

I used Myfitnesspal for a couple of weeks, and oh boy, what an eye opener. Sure it was a pain to enter everything I ate, but it really showed me exactly where my calories were going as far as fats, carbs, sugars, proteins, etc. It helped me eliminate some items I was eating to balance out where those calories were going and made me search for more healthy items to eat instead.

I've got both- but the one for women is much better. I think it's more up to date, easily navigable, and the section on the psychology of dieting is very, very useful and grounding. I followed the book recommendations for a while, to get used to that way of eating, then I bought a template.
I'm just finishing up week 10. Body composition-wise the changes have been phenomenal.

Thanks Justine. I've got the books, I just need to pull it all together, and get started on this. Definitely looking at the templates.

I have not! I am having an issue with downloads on my iPad. It says they can be found in Books, yet when I go to Books, nothing is there! I am afraid to spend the money, and then not be able to read it.
Any thoughts?!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.