Connecting my tablet to my TV

ebonynicole

Cathlete
Good Evening,

I am trying to connect my LG Gpad tablet to my TV that has HDMI ports. I bought a Micro USB to HDMI adapter and an HDMI cable. I connected everything but the TV is not picking up the tablet when I search through the Input options.

I have the adapter plugged into the power port of the tablet and then hooked the HDMI into the other end of the adapter and the other end of the HDMI cable into an HDMI port on the TV.

I am trying to get this to work so I can finally sign up for Cathe Live.

Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

Thank you for your help :)

I'm assuming on your TV you have tried the input for the correct HDMI ( just to be sure try HDMI1,HDMI2,HDMI3,etc on your TV). Next you have to make sure you purchased the right cable for your device. Is the cable you purchased an MHL compatible cable like this?:

If you can tell us the exact model of the cable you purchased and the exact model number of your LG GPad tablet I'll see if we can research this on the web? I can tell you that micro USB to HDMI adapter cables are usually made for specific devices. If you purchased the wrong cable it will not work.

I'm assuming on your TV you have tried the input for the correct HDMI ( just to be sure try HDMI1,HDMI2,HDMI3,etc on your TV). Next you have to make sure you purchased the right cable for your device. Is the cable you purchased an MHL compatible cable like this?:

If you can tell us the exact model of the cable you purchased and the exact model number of your LG GPad tablet I'll see if we can research this on the web? I can tell you that micro USB to HDMI adapter cables are usually made for specific devices. If you purchased the wrong cable it will not work.

I know that my tablet model is LG V700.

Yes I went to a lace called Fry's Electronics and they told me I need the MHL Mcro USB to HDMI (the maker is PPA Int'l). The package says it supports Samsung Galaxy, HTC, Sprint and more.

They told me I could use any HDMI cable, so the one I have is a 6FT HDMI 1080p Cable Tye A Male to Male.

I will try all of the HDMI ports on my TV this time and see what happens.

Thank you so much for trying to help, I really appreciate you even taking the time.

I know that my tablet model is LG V700.

Yes I went to a lace called Fry's Electronics and they told me I need the MHL Mcro USB to HDMI (the maker is PPA Int'l). The package says it supports Samsung Galaxy, HTC, Sprint and more.

They told me I could use any HDMI cable, so the one I have is a 6FT HDMI 1080p Cable Tye A Male to Male.

I will try all of the HDMI ports on my TV this time and see what happens.

Thank you so much for trying to help, I really appreciate you even taking the time.

I did a quick search and I think the problem is your LG V700 is not MHL compatible and thus the cable you bought will not work on your tablet.

So apparently they were wrong. So the next thing I will try is just a straight HDMI cable with one end being a micro and see if that works.

Thanks for checking I appreciate you.

Hi,

Let me know how you make out.....I am thinking of doing this with my LG phone! Glad to know that not all HDMI cables work!

Hi,

Let me know how you make out.....I am thinking of doing this with my LG phone! Glad to know that not all HDMI cables work!

So the HDMI cable is not the problem, it is the MHL adaptor. Today I found out that both the TV and the tablet have to be MHL compatible, which clearly mine are not. I was then told that another option is to get the Netgear push2TV wireless adaptor as that is suppose to work. I found one on Amazon so you can take a look and see what you think.

If this doesn't work then I may have to just the workout on my tablet. My tablet is a 10.1 inch screen but would prefer a bigger screen for viewing.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Push2...id=1455941107&sr=1-1&keywords=netgear+push2tv

That is probably the cost of a refurbished one.
The best price I have seen right now is at Target. $35 but you get a $10 gift card.
It's a small price to pay if it gets you the live workouts. You will not regret it. I am having so much fun with the Live workouts. Cathe's personality really shines in these! She is so much fun.

Thanks! I see that the Target one is for online only...will check to see if any are in the store inventory....

Hi,

Checked our local store, they do have them in stock and they say they give the same deal with the $10 Gift card....thanks Grateful Dog!

In the set up process....having a hard time getting Cathe site or anything besides my own videos that are already on my phone to play......continuing....

When I click their app I use the google window to type Cathe streaming.
Then I choose Cathe live video streaming. It brings me to a Cathe page. I click on "my account. ". It brings you to another page that you have to sign into. Then click "view your on demand videos now". Choose a video. It will look like like a YouTube video pop up. Click on it like you want it to play. At the bottom of your screen you will see a bunch of words and things pop up. Click that, and the video should cast to your TV.
Make sure the blue Chromecast icon in the top right corner of your screen is solid blue.

The mistake I made when I first tried to connect was that I kept starting from Cathe website. You have to go through Chromecast app.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.