Insanity Max 30

Here is what I wrote over at VF:

I just finished Cardio Challenge. I did the modifier view. It is nice. You get a split screen so you always see the modifier but you also get to see the class in case you want to try what they are doing. I followed the modifier the entire time and I got a great high intensity, low impact workout. The entire 30 minutes is the warmup thru the workout. You have to wait a second after the class ends and the cool down screen comes up. You get a 2 minute cool down.

You do usually a series of 3-4 exercises linked together, then repeat the sequence I believe it was 3 times. You do get a 30 second water break between the sets. (that goes by quick lol) The modifier did a great job maintaining intensity while limiting the impact. For those that love all out intensity, you'll enjoy it.

I can only imagine doing this all out intensity every day would get you in shape. I didn't think you should go all out every day. The calendar has you doing one workout every day, Monday thru Friday. Saturday you have an option to take a rest or do his 20 minute stretch called Pulse. It sounded interesting, although I haven't previewed it. It is described as this: "Aka Shaun's version of a recovery workout, a low impact combo of stretching and small "pulsing" movements, so you will still feel the burn as your body rejuvenates for the week ahead." Sunday you rest.

Month one workouts:

Cardio Challenge: This is the one I did today. All cardio with some burpees etc.

Tabata Power: 20 seconds on, 10 second off format.

Sweat Intervals: This is like Cardio Challenge but states it is harder.

Tabata Strength: This doesn't come out until 1/2 way thru month 1. NO rest, tabata style workout.

Friday Fight, Round 1: "battle between your mind telling you to push to a new max and your body saying "OMG, are you serious"

Ab Attack: 10 10 minute ab routine

2nd month workouts include:

Max Out Cardio: described as crazy cardio with power moves

Max Out Power: Longer intervals, 45 seconds on, 15 seconds off tabata style plyometric madness
eek.gif

Max Out Sweat: appears to be another more straight forward cardio

Max Out Strength: 45 seconds on, 15 seconds off tabata routine, all upper body focused (arms, shoulders, chest and core)

Friday Fight, Round 2: the new "hardest workout ever" Every move is done for a minute
eek.gif
eek.gif

Hope this helps. I enjoyed following the modifier and got a great cardio workout. So far two thumbs up!

thanks for the review Denise--keep us posted. My husband got it for me for my birthday (my birthday is in January), so it will be mine soon! I like to be prepared.

I ordered mine two days ago. I am very excited to see it. Keep us posted. I just received Cathe's HIIT set this week. I did Low Imapct today. I am very happy with it as well.

Here is what I wrote over at VF:

I just finished Cardio Challenge. I did the modifier view. It is nice. You get a split screen so you always see the modifier but you also get to see the class in case you want to try what they are doing. I followed the modifier the entire time and I got a great high intensity, low impact workout. The entire 30 minutes is the warmup thru the workout. You have to wait a second after the class ends and the cool down screen comes up. You get a 2 minute cool down.

You do usually a series of 3-4 exercises linked together, then repeat the sequence I believe it was 3 times. You do get a 30 second water break between the sets. (that goes by quick lol) The modifier did a great job maintaining intensity while limiting the impact. For those that love all out intensity, you'll enjoy it.

I can only imagine doing this all out intensity every day would get you in shape. I didn't think you should go all out every day. The calendar has you doing one workout every day, Monday thru Friday. Saturday you have an option to take a rest or do his 20 minute stretch called Pulse. It sounded interesting, although I haven't previewed it. It is described as this: "Aka Shaun's version of a recovery workout, a low impact combo of stretching and small "pulsing" movements, so you will still feel the burn as your body rejuvenates for the week ahead." Sunday you rest.

Month one workouts:

Cardio Challenge: This is the one I did today. All cardio with some burpees etc.

Tabata Power: 20 seconds on, 10 second off format.

Sweat Intervals: This is like Cardio Challenge but states it is harder.

Tabata Strength: This doesn't come out until 1/2 way thru month 1. NO rest, tabata style workout.

Friday Fight, Round 1: "battle between your mind telling you to push to a new max and your body saying "OMG, are you serious"

Ab Attack: 10 10 minute ab routine

2nd month workouts include:

Max Out Cardio: described as crazy cardio with power moves

Max Out Power: Longer intervals, 45 seconds on, 15 seconds off tabata style plyometric madness
eek.gif

Max Out Sweat: appears to be another more straight forward cardio

Max Out Strength: 45 seconds on, 15 seconds off tabata routine, all upper body focused (arms, shoulders, chest and core)

Friday Fight, Round 2: the new "hardest workout ever" Every move is done for a minute
eek.gif
eek.gif

Hope this helps. I enjoyed following the modifier and got a great cardio workout. So far two thumbs up!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.