Nov 2013 Rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
[FONT=&quot]Hi Everyone! Upon your request I have revised and updated both the ROCK BOTTOMS June 2006 and Feb 2011 rotation. This updated advanced rotation will really kick some butt!!!! Keeping the popular favorites, I also left weighted walking lunges and [/FONT]the (slightly tweaked)[FONT=&quot] Bonus Butt Workout (BBW) in the rotation. They should be done whenever you see them listed in the rotation. Remember, hard work pays off twice as fast ( and really shows off that newly sculpted bottom) when it is accompanied by a very clean diet. Enjoy![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Bonus Butt Workout (abbreviated as BBW):

1) One minute of SQUATS with a challenging barbell weight chased by 20 seconds SQUAT JUMPS.

2) One minutes of WALKING LUNGES with a 10 pound weighted vest (or with 8 pound hand weights per hand) chased by 20 seconds of deep controlled POWER SCISSORS.

3) One minute of PLIE SQUATS with a challenging barbell weight chased by 20 seconds ICE BREAKERS.

4) HAMMER PUNCH LUNGES… 30 per side (be controlled and FEEL THE WORK)

5) BARBELL DEADLIFT... 2 sets of 15 reps (slow & heavy reps)

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WEEK ONE:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Mon: Intensity
Tues: Cardio Leg Blast
Wed: Pyramid Upper Body…plus 300 walking lunges (holding 8 pound dumbbells in each hand or wearing a weighted vest of poundage choice)
Thurs: Butts and Guts
Fri: Kick Max
Sat: Flex Train ….plus BBW
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sun:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] OFF or Yoga Relax[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WEEK TWO:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Mon: X10 (warm up plus minimum of 3 segments)
Tues: To The Max …plus BBW
Wed: MMA Boxing …plus 300 walking lunges (holding 8 pound dumbbells in each hand or wearing a weighted vest of poundage choice)
Thurs: 4DS Kickbox (full workout in its entirety)
Fri: STS Total Body (All Upper Body Premix Only)
Sat: XTrain Legs
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WEEK THREE:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Mon: Tabatacise (warm up plus minimum of 3 segments)…plus Coremax/Segment #1…plus 300 weighted walking lunges
Tues: Lower Body Blast
Wed: Rockout Knockout (including Heavy Bag Bonus)
Thurs: Cross Fire
Fri: Great Glutes
Sat: Supercuts…plus BBW
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WEEK FOUR:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Mon: All Out Low Impact Hiit
Tues: Hard Strikes (including Heavy Bag Bonus)…. plus 300 weighted walking lunges
Wed: Pyramid Upper Body
Thurs: Lean Legs and Abs
Fri: STS Plyo Legs (week three)
Sat: Afterburn…plus BBW
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

WOW! Thanks, Cathe! This looks like an amazing rotation. I was one of those hoping for an updated Rock Bottoms rotation so I am very excited to see this. I will put it in the queue for after the new year.

Hi Cathe,

Thanks so much for posting a rotation for November. I'm still recovering from my first time with LLA's and then Flex Train the next day which did a number on my thighs and hamstrings. Nothing bad mind you just extreme tightness in those muscles. Great workouts though and I'm so glad you made them and that I purchased those. This rotation looks awesome thanks for putting that together for us, you're the best!

Hugs;)

Nora

Hi Cathe,

I wanted an update on this rotation too. Thanks so much :). Having completed the previous 2011 Rock Bottom 5-6 weeks ago, I will keep this rotation in my list of future challenge. I am looking forward to gaining results just as I did with the previous one :))

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love the words 'a MINIMUM of 3 segments'! I know I'm going to have to attempt all of them ;)
I've already put this in my calendar for sometime after finishing STS :p

I love it! Thank you! I just finished the 2011 Rock Bottoms rotation and am about to do round 2 of STS--but this one is one I will definitely try soon after. Looks awesome!

I'm interested in doing the November rotation but dont have Intensity. What's a good sub?

Oh, I like the looks of this. I haven't done the other Rock Bottoms but always wanted to do it one of these days. I like this one is updated with the newer videos. Thanks, Cathe.

Where did all of you do 300 walking lunges? My house is shaped like a U but with furniture in it, so I would have to dodge tables and couches. However if I did them all in my workout room, I can only do 4 per direction. Would it be ok if I weaved around my house changing directions as I went? Or is it better to do a straight line?

Also, can I do a spin instead of kickmax, kick box, MMA, rockout knockout and expect similar results?

Thank you Cathe.

I'm going to start this Monday.

For the walking lunges, thinking about using the treadmill on low. The weather will be unpredictable. I like to stay dry, except when there is sweat involved. LOL

Janie

Sweet, my butt already hurts in anticipation. Any recommendations for substitutes for Pyramid Upper Body?

Started today :) I broke the plastic wrap on my Intensity after receiving it for Xmas a few years back! I think it scared me, so having it dare me on the rotation was the push I needed.

I do need to find subs for: (Have Intensity, Blast, Max, Xtrain series and new series)
MMA Boxing
STS Total Body
Lower Body Blast
STS Plyo Legs
AfterBurn

Thanks for the help!!

-Kristen

A straight line for lunges is better Gobias. Do you have a foyer in your hallway that extends into another room? If not 4 one way , turn around and 4 coming back works too but not very pleasant for 300 lunges. If you can do them at another time of day you can bundle up and do them outside.

Spin will give you different results but go ahead and sub that if you don't have any of those kickbox workouts. Spin works the legs too and I don't include it on many rotations because many don't have a bike.

Oh, I like the looks of this. I haven't done the other Rock Bottoms but always wanted to do it one of these days. I like this one is updated with the newer videos. Thanks, Cathe.

Where did all of you do 300 walking lunges? My house is shaped like a U but with furniture in it, so I would have to dodge tables and couches. However if I did them all in my workout room, I can only do 4 per direction. Would it be ok if I weaved around my house changing directions as I went? Or is it better to do a straight line?

Also, can I do a spin instead of kickmax, kick box, MMA, rockout knockout and expect similar results?

If you have Body Max 2 you can do the upper body only premix on it. If you have Burnsets or Supersets, you can do upper body only premixes on those as well.

Sweet, my butt already hurts in anticipation. Any recommendations for substitutes for Pyramid Upper Body?

I am loving this rotation! Janiejoey......brilliant idea to do the lunges on the treadmill! My balance was fighting me so it took a few steps to figure out the speed. Excellent advice!

Cathe or anyone....what can be substituted for STS plyo legs?

Last edited:
MMA Boxing and Kick Max Replacements?

Hello, just wondering what would you all wonderful Cathletes would suggest to replace
MMA Boxing and KickkMax in this rotation? I'm not too crazy about martial arts type of workouts, so just wanted to find out what would be a good replacement. Thanks!

Hello, just wondering what would you all wonderful Cathletes would suggest to replace
MMA Boxing and KickkMax in this rotation? I'm not too crazy about martial arts type of workouts, so just wanted to find out what would be a good replacement. Thanks!

Here are some ideas off the top of my head...

MMA Boxing is more steady state, so if I were you I would just sub in any steady state cardio, like Athletic Step, Step Moves, Rhythmic Step, Slide & Glide cardio, etc.

Kick Max is mostly steady state but does have about 15 mins of intervals, so something like Step Blast would be comparable (since it's mostly steady state with a "blast" thrown in at the end, which is a good 15 mins of huffing and puffing). Or Imax 2, since it has intervals but isn't as killer as Imax 1 or 3. Or the step routine from Body Max 2 (including the cardio leg drills).

Obviously you could also sub with a workout of your choice, like running or cycling. Just keeping it more steady state for the Boxing day and including a few intervals for the Kick Max day.

HTH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.