Jeans...

wonderwoman

Cathlete
Can someone recommend a good jeans brand. I dont really like the way the jeans are made today. The fabric is different. Everything is stretch and skinny. I dont really like skinny/Flare jeans. Im looking for a really good pair of jeans that dont stretch and are not fitted in the thigh area. I only have a few pair of jeans that I wear all the time and I just keep rotating them but I want more. I've tried the GAP but even they have jumped on the skinny/stretch jeans.
Thanks

I almost always buy Levi's. They do put some stretch but depending on the type, depends on how much. I never get the skinny. Or I use the Victorias Secret boyfriend jeans. They are also pretty good but I still have the same pair from about 3 years ago, so I'm not sure if they've changed. The VS boyfriend is more relaxed in the hip and thighs. I also never get the flared leg, I always get the straight leg.

I'd suggest going to Macys.com and using their "Denim Finder". You can then choose your criteria and they will give you an assortment of brands and price ranges.

Good Luck!

I really love Old Navy jeans. The Sweetheart cut and Diva cut fit me well. I own them in both skinny and boot cut style as I find them very flattering for my figure.

The topic of "jeans" will bring you as many different answers as there are people responding! :D

I used to buy WHBM jeans only. Their styles always fit me, and I always knew what size. But their prices are fairly high.

Just recently, on a whim, I tried some Rock & Republic jeans at Kohl's. They are great! I love skinny jeans though, so that's what I bought. And the best thing, I can use my Kohl's cash and 30% off coupon to buy them.

I have a full round bubble butt and large muscular thighs and I hate the tight feeling around my legs from stiff jeans. I just bought some Eddie Bauer boyfriend style jeans. the cut is perfect for me. Relaxed but not baggy and the denim is super soft. Love them!!

Lucky Brand jeans. They offer a large variety of fits and most styles have just enough stretch in them; 1% spandex. Yes, they are expensive but they hold up. I bought a pair of their Easy Riders on sale and instantly feel in love. I own more jeans now than I ever have. Most of the others I've bought on eBay.

Jean manufacturers have come a long way in the variety of cuts/styles they now offer. Previously, I couldn't find jeans that fit to save my life. I've always been smaller in the waist with muscular thighs. I tried Lucky Brand and haven't even tried another manufacturer in several years.

Lisa

Nothing fills me with a much horror as jeans / bathing suit shopping.
The only advice is to buy as many as possible when you finally find the right pair (and even then, I reckon each pair differs slightly) :confused:

The only advice is to buy as many as possible when you finally find the right pair (and even then, I reckon each pair differs slightly) :confused:

Someone I knew who worked at Casual Corner told me to always try on more than one pair of the same size. No two are the same.

Thanks for all of your responses. I love LUCKY jeans too! I also have 3 good pairs of American Eagle jeans that fit nicely.

Shopping for a jean has caused me a lot of hassle in the past:D.

Identifying the jean cut suitable for the body shape is the first step to take IMO. Some brand are limited in the type of cut they offer. Big one of course cater for a variety of cut from skinny, boot cut, flared, straight, boyfriend, low rise, mid rise, high rise etc...

I have no brand to recommend, I am afraid. I believe it is only available in UK
For me it's definitely Next. It's a brand which offer an accurate fit for both waist and thighs.:):)

All the best ;-)

I agree with White House Black Market for jeans, the Blanc fit are awesome! They do have stretch in them but they are so flattering. Plus with their vanity sizing, most people are a size smaller at WHBM:D

Buckle jeans are my favorite right now. They are expensive, but you can get a custom made pair from length, waist, color, leg opening, pocket design, to things you never thought of getting in a pair of jeans! My Buckle jeans don't stretch like WHBM jeans and I always get compliments on them.

Happy Jean Shopping!!

HSN--DIANE GILMAN. I was watching the home shopping network one night and Diane was showcasing some of her jeans. I ordered a few pairs, and after trial and error, I found the perfect cut for me. Before buying, I always look at the product reviews, and I look at the video with the different size models wearing the jean. Sizing is larger than what you would buy at the shopping malls, and there is some stretch. I am addicted to jeans, and fortunately for me my job allows me to dress casual. I'm in my mid 50's and sit at a computer most of the day. Comfort with style is a MUST. I'm embarrassed to admit that I have well over 70 pair of jean (I'm afraid to count), but I seem to wear Diane Gilman the most. Happy Shopping!!!

Mary

HSN--DIANE GILMAN. I'm embarrassed to admit that I have well over 70 pair of jean (I'm afraid to count), but I seem to wear Diane Gilman the most. Happy Shopping!!!

Mary

I thought I had a lot of jeans, but doubt I even have 1/3 of your total! I've never been brave enough to actually count them. LOL

Lisa

70 jeans??? Wow: I have only 5 or so. Jean shopping is so hard when all your weight is in your thighs and you have a small waist!

I love American Eagle Outfitters Boyfriend jean. It's my favourite and the only pair that fits me...muscular thighs but smaller waist...I still end up having to buy a size bigger so I still have to wear a belt, but at least I can get my leg through the leg openings!!! Tried to put on a pair of skinny jeans and couldn't get up past the knee! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.