Xtrain rotation question

fourmommy

Cathlete
Does anyone else do the Xtrain rotation but not follow it exactly. For example I am following the upper body weight but vary the cardio and leg workouts. I work 12 hour shifts Fri-Sun and am all my feet all day (charge nurse on a cardiac step down) and just don't have enough energy to workout when I get home. So I do 4 days of workouts and include cardio on my weight days. My goal is lose this layer of fat I have from my last baby...ummm he's 18 and starting college :-O

Just wondered what some of your thoughts were. I do want to see muscle definition and gain strength but I know I have to shed these layers of fat...I have about 75 pounds to lose. I am in week 2 of this and plan to do STS when done so that will be sometime in mid October...but I may get 4 DS and do it for a month before doing STS.

I appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Beth

cardio and weight on same day

Does anyone else do the Xtrain rotation but not follow it exactly. For example I am following the upper body weight but vary the cardio and leg workouts. I work 12 hour shifts Fri-Sun and am all my feet all day (charge nurse on a cardiac step down) and just don't have enough energy to workout when I get home. So I do 4 days of workouts and include cardio on my weight days. My goal is lose this layer of fat I have from my last baby...ummm he's 18 and starting college :-O

Just wondered what some of your thoughts were. I do want to see muscle definition and gain strength but I know I have to shed these layers of fat...I have about 75 pounds to lose. I am in week 2 of this and plan to do STS when done so that will be sometime in mid October...but I may get 4 DS and do it for a month before doing STS.

I appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Beth

Hi Beth,

I admire your honesty lol :D

I also like the way you refer to what you are looking to get rid of "Layers":mad:

75 pounds is achievable, many of us on this forum have gotten rid of those layers;):D.

Yes you can custom your rotation based on your goal.
I am one those who prefer to have both cardio and weight done on the same day. A piece of advise: Do not get discourage should you experience water retention as you start getting serious with lifting the weight (water retention is not a bulk) it is just a temporary reaction. You have mentioned layers, Your definition will appear once you gotten rid of them. Your muscle is currently buried underneath those layer :mad::mad::mad:
Another advise Embrace Hiit training. It is proven to be the best to melt fat. For my personal experience it has helped me wonders for mid section:p

4ds is a great program. On the other thread you mentioned INTENSITY.
Well I can sense your inclination for Hiit. It is recommended to do Hiit no more than 3 times per week. You could be hooked on them but do not exceed the recommended frequency.

There is an index of cathe rotation on this forum. You will find tons of helpful rotation. Anyone can help you on here should you need.

All the best Beth,

Last edited:
Thanks so much Nathalie. I work out pretty regularly but have struggled with my eating. Seems to have clicked now that I need to eat less processed and more whole foods and I have been doing great with that (read and re-read Xtrain book about nutrition...'made by man throw it in the can"!).
Am seeing some slow weight loss but have read Cathe's articles and in Xtrain book about gaining weight when first lifting so am not to hard on myself with the scale. Plan to use clothes shrinking or not as more or a way to judge my progress.
I am so excited to get Intensity and love hiit...I will not exceed 3 in a week.
Thanks so much for your support.
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.