XTrain Ride!!!

amyd

Cathlete
I am in a state of euphoria after completing Ride. I've owned it a month and was dreading doing it b/c I'm not a big fan of spinning! Wow, Cathe has converted me with this workout. The music is awesome. Thank you Cathe!! You're the best coach ever.
Amy

Isn't that a fun workout???
I enjoy Spinning and spin 5-6 times a week, but when I plug in RIDE, I just grin throughout the entire DVD. My other Spin DVDs are true training style rides devoted to improving speed or endurance or strength, but Cathe's RIDE is just pure unadulterated joy. And the 4 premixes are great for mornings when I want a spin, but have only 40 minutes to change clothes, pull out the bike, and workout.
It makes me feel happy all day long. Do you have Cathe's Cycle Max? It's pretty darn good in its own right.

To the above poster, I agree with your enthusiasm! This workout is a joy. I do have Cyclemax and even though I enjoy it, I don't enjoy it nearly as much as Ride. I think her music selection was spot on for Ride. I love how she has you follow the cadence of the song most of the time. I'm very motivated by a great song!
I'll definitely be using this disc often :)

Ok, now I want these cycling workouts and I thought I was done buying workout DVDs for a while! I don't own a "spin" bike, but I do own a stationary bike. It's been gathering dust for the past year--maybe it's time to use it again!

Riding

Ok, now I want these cycling workouts and I thought I was done buying workout DVDs for a while! I don't own a "spin" bike, but I do own a stationary bike. It's been gathering dust for the past year--maybe it's time to use it again!

To Jennifer,

Funny you have mentioned about stationary bike---I can not stop contemplating cycling workout. I do own a stationary bike and tried Ride once and was frustrated! The bike did not fit in with stand cycling. I have been fortunate and was given a used bike and I am thinking of giving ride a second try.
I reckon I will end up purchasing a proper spin bike.

My problem is the pain around groin area is just not bearable! Aie
Can anyone advise on how to handle this?

I know cathe did post advises for Riding newbies but I can not seem to find it anywhere.:confused:

Thanks,

I didn't think Cathe had us sitting long enough to develop any type of pain :p!

I bought a spin bike when Cathe announced there would be a spin DVD with LIS. I'm so glad I did, I love both Cycle Max and Ride. I even put together my own play list when I want my 'country girl' kick!

Lisa

You girls are enablers! I now want a spin bike!!! I just need to figure out how to get it in the house without my husband noticing! With clothes and shoes it is real easy...my response is "what this old thing?"...not sure he would buy it with a bike! :)

Lol thats what happened when i got LIS, i was liking all the comments abour cyclemax and i had, pf acting up soooo it made perfect sense to me that i needed to um get a spin bike n cyclemax and somehow i managed to convence DH that it was so important and a smart purchase.lol,ha ha. Now i have ride and have not tried it yet but i am waiting to finish 90 day und. Rotation. Then i may do 30 day with ride. Love to have that spin bike for,a change and incase of injury.

Last edited:
Labnick--Would DH go for --"Look what I found when I was cleaning out the garage!" I just bought a stand for my mtn bike, less $ and didn't take much more room than the bike was (well it is now in the living room instead of the garage ;=)). Reviews also mentioned the added benefit of being use to the mtn bike come spring (which is my main reason for indoor biking).

Did my first workout with it yesterday, an fairly easy virtual ride DVD. A great person is sending me Cathe's Cycle Max. I also want to get the XTrain Ride. I didn't order the set with Ride, as I never thought I wanted a indoor bike.

Labnick--Would DH go for --"Look what I found when I was cleaning out the garage!" I just bought a stand for my mtn bike, less $ and didn't take much more room than the bike was (well it is now in the living room instead of the garage ;=)). Reviews also mentioned the added benefit of being use to the mtn bike come spring (which is my main reason for indoor biking).

Did my first workout with it yesterday, an fairly easy virtual ride DVD. A great person is sending me Cathe's Cycle Max. I also want to get the XTrain Ride. I didn't order the set with Ride, as I never thought I wanted a indoor bike.

when you said you bought a stand for your ntm bike, do you mean a fluid trainer? like the ones that lock in back tire and you can shift and ride like normal on it? never thought of that.. works like a spin? just adjust/shift gears to add resistance?

Thats what I got and I really like it. Not high-tech, you use your regular gears and can also increase the resistant by tightening the wheel that the rear tire rides on, to make the ride harder. I plan to slowly increase the resistance by tightening this screw, sorta like increasing the weight in an exercise!

Here's what I ordered: for $93.82 with free shipping.

Amazon.com: Bell Motivator Mag Indoor Bicycle Trainer: Sports & Outdoors

I also got, as I have slippy floors, (and glad I did, as the front wheel slip some without it) for $11.99 with free shipping.

Amazon.com: Sunlite Forza Riser Block Gray: Sports & Outdoors

ETA: The knobby tires on the bike, do make the ride noisy. I turn the TV up louder and don't notice the loudness of the tires or the TV once I start riding. Might get a smooth tire, just to use for indoor riding.

Last edited:
The issue i have to face is I am not consistent in Riding---I did it pass years not consistently. I then end up going through the pain over and over again.
The pain stops when there is consistency :D

I caved and switched to a super nice and padded gel seat for my spin bike... it was the bike seat I used on my regular bike. My ride is much more comfortable now:)
Maybe that would help you, too!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.