It's official--I've found the most complex step ever!

LauraMax

Cathlete
Rather than revive the old thread I figured this guy deserved one of his own. He is A-MA-ZING!!!!! I thought I was pretty good w/complex choreo but I'm on my 3rd preview of this DVD & still not ready. It's very very dance oriented & looks so much fun!

Part of the problem is def. the cuing. I think he's German & uses ESL so doesn't tell you in advance when he's gonna change something, or what's coming up, or much of anything really LOL. Most of his cuing is done w/whistles & hand motions.

Anyway, owning the DVD is well worth it just to watch this guy move. He is like nothing I've ever seen in an exercise video. He must have some serious training in ballet b/c he is beautiful to watch. I don't know if he likes girls or not, but he sure is a pleasure to look at. ;)

You can get the DVD from Amazon. His name is Balasz Fusessy. As far as I know it's the only step DVD he's made in English.
Energy Step by Balazs Fuzessy - YouTube

Found him on FB. OMG is this guy smokin hot! He makes Danny Terio look like a woofer LOL. He's Hungarian. And married. To a woman that'd make most of us look like woofers too. :p

I gotta say, I looked at the clip and am intrigued. It looks like a lot of fun. I like dancey step (amy, seasun). What end would you say he was on the cardio scale of 1-10, with resting being a 1 and Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit being a 10?

OMG this looks like so much fun. I can't stop watching this clip. This guy is awesome!

Thanks for sharing, Laura...:cool:

He is mesmerizing to watch step...

I love how he whistles like he whistling at dogs to follow him:D

and how he says...

"ahknee....shange.....ahknee"

Wow......these look awesome......I would love to try and learn this......might take a month or two but I bet it's so much fun once u get the steps and moves down.....and the women look like they have on hammer pants......lol:)

I gotta say, I looked at the clip and am intrigued. It looks like a lot of fun. I like dancey step (amy, seasun). What end would you say he was on the cardio scale of 1-10, with resting being a 1 and Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit being a 10?

15. LOL! It is more intense than most of Fitness Organica's stuff. My HR stayed in the mid-upper 160s for most of the workout, over 170 here & there, which is pretty high for me. I can't do Cardio Core Circuit. It's so high impact it's too painful for on my pf & bunion. :(

MrsYancy & Phyllis, all the Fitness Organica DVDs don't use risers (I think so the instructors can teach without gasping for breath), & all their clothes are hideous. I do not know why they insist on dressing all the women like boys. I guess I'm used to Cathe's style & femininity. I've never gotten used to their baggy t shirts & cargos.

So, I did it for the first time this morning. I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT! :D It is some seriously complex stuff--I had to laugh a few times when I heard the background exercisers say "oh no!" & "oh my god!" I had a couple of stumbles but I have to admit I was grinning from ear to ear by the time I finished. Super fun workout. And even w/the language barrier Balasz's personality & enthusiasm is so infectious. Can't wait to give it another shot tomorrow!

I actually like the cargo pants and t shirts. I remember a photo posted of Cathe when she was rehearsing (I think) for a new DVD and she was wearing a great pair of loose pants and a top. I remember thinking how great she looked.

They're not the same, Phyllis. Cathe wears girls' cargos & Ts. The stuff in FO's DVDs are pretty much men's clothes. They make the women look like boys. :confused:

Congratulations, that is fantastic! I LOVE getting a routine. I am still happy after doing rthymic step and especially the end when Cathe puts it all together. Fun, fun, fun!

Now I really want this dvd. My left knee gives me trouble doing step so I have to sometimes resort to no risers - this will make me feel better about not using any risers.

This looks like fun but I think I would end up tripping & falling; just not coordinated enough. As it is, I've gotten some serious bruises from Cathe's step routines.

I looked the dvd up on amazon and there was no information on it. How long is the workout? Are there more than 1 workouts on the dvd? Any premixes? Does it have chapters? As you can see I am very curious about this dvd now.

Thanks for the extra info on the "cardio scale", Laura! I am now stalking this DVD on Amazon . . . now you have me really wanting to check this out. It sounds like a ton of fun.

-Stephanie

It is a total blast! It's about 60 minutes long including the warmup. I admit I do tack on a few combos from another workout to reach my cals burned goal.

It is chaptered, thank goodness, but no premixes. I previewed it a couple of times, then I just previewed the final product. I swear the first time I watched it I broke out into a cold sweat & was smiling all at once. It does come together after watching it a few times though.

There are also some bonus blocks from other instructors at the end, but I haven't watched them yet.

He has several other DVDs but they're floor aerobics, I guess like the hi/lo stuff we've seen from Cathe & Amy but obviously much dancier. I'm not a big floor aerobics fan but I'm so jazzed about this guy I might just give it a try.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.