Nutritional Software by Cathe

lovetorun

Does anyone use the Nutrition software provided by Cathe. If so, what are your thoughts. I exercise allot but havent lost any weight. My nutrition is a huge factor. Considering a nutrition website. Currently using WW but I dont want to count points forever.

I tried it some time ago, but gave up because it ended up being too time consuming for me. It has a lot of great features, but I always had a hard time finding foods that described what I was having. For instance, if I had chicken breast, so many options came up that it took forever to find one that best matched how mine was prepared. You can browse and select meal plans that others have saved, which is awesome, but at the time, you couldn't save those to favorites and would have to search them every time if you wanted to repeat the meals. You could, however, copy and paste a meal from your calendar from one day to another. I don't know if anything has changed....it's been a couple of years since I used it. I'm currently using MyNetDiary on my ipad. They have it online as well, and you can link the internet and ipad versions if you want to. I seem to find matching foods pretty quickly with it, and you can add custom foods. once you do, they are available to all users, which is pretty cool. You can add recipes as well if you want, but I haven't used that feature. It also tracks exercise and water intake if you want, and shows nutrients as well as calories and fats. Hope this helps!

Mary

I use Cathe's Nutrition program because it is convenient for me to have one site to log my workouts and feeding habits :p! I find that logging my food helps me make better choices throughout the day. I've never tried other nutritional programs, so I couldn't tell you how Cathe's compares, but I trust her to have up to date nutritional info.....;)

Nambo u look wonderful! Can u tell me how tall u are and your calorie intake? I am tryn to figure mine..because sometimes i feel its to high.and i have not lost weight at all. But if i go lower i hear its to low. Gettn confused. Im on myfitnesspals n it subtracts deficit annyway still didnt lose and i was tired and got injuries often.

Nambo u look wonderful! Can u tell me how tall u are and your calorie intake? I am tryn to figure mine..because sometimes i feel its to high.and i have not lost weight at all. But if i go lower i hear its to low. Gettn confused. Im on myfitnesspals n it subtracts deficit annyway still didnt lose and i was tired and got injuries often.

Hi Renee! Thanks so much for the confidence boost! I'm about 5' 5 1/2" and try to take in about 1600 calories when all I'm doing are Cathe's workouts. When that photo was taken (at the Badlands!) I had just come off a 6 week Gym Styles with HiiT rotation. That was the first day of a month long hiking vacation. I ended up consuming WAY MORE than 1600 calories per day during that month because I was ravenous from 8 hour hikes. I went from 130 pounds down to 122 and felt awesome! The tough part is when the vacation is over and you have to scale back the food! I shot right back up to 130 in no time! I've been putting in 125 as my weight goal in the nutrition program and was given 1501 calories as my upper limit. I find it hard to stick to that, especially if I want a protein recovery drink after weight training. Today is my last day of the 3 Month Transformation Rotation and I have noticed a lot of firming and endurance gains, but no weight loss! I think this must be muscle gain with the fat loss??? I feel so amazing that I have really just used 1500 calories as a guide and don't get too upset if I go over by 150-200 calories on any day as long as I maintain a lean look. I'll be starting the STS "Kikster" Pyramid Rotation next week and have committed to really watching my nutrition with this rotation: more fruits and veggies, less processed stuff. I'm also trying to incorporate my recovery drink into my daily nutritional allotment. I realize that I probably won't be losing weight during this rotation; what I really want is to sculpt and lean out (and look better in a bikini :p), as well as gain strength and endurance.
Cathe's nutrition program has a grading system that comes in handy for choosing foods that keep you in line with their recommended calorie goal. You can also find mealplans from other users that fit your guidlines. I rely on the program throughout the day to keep track of my diet, but I really love it for planning out the entire week and fine tuning it to coincide with heavy weight days or high endurance days. I noticed that once I got into my upper 40s, my metabolism really slowed down...at 50 I definately don't need the calories that I did when I was 30 and I'm working out with MUCH MORE INTENSITY and MUCH MORE CHALLENGING sessions!!!!
I hope this gave you a bit of insight and helps you reach your goals!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.