Turbo Barre - chair or tower

dennyr

Cathlete
For those that do Turbo Barre please describe what equipment you use and your suggestions.

I haven't attempted this DVD yet because of lack of a chair.

Thanks All and :D New Year!

DennyR

chair

I have been using a chair, but it's not the right height! The top should be at waist distance and mine is way higher than that! I am short too, 5'1, so it can be pretty awkward. Regardless, it gets the job done.

I may invest in a Turbo Tower one day, or perhaps a smaller chair.

Have a great New Year!

Natasha

I have the Turbo Tower and love it. I just did Barre yesterday and was thinking how glad I was to have it because I don't think a chair would provide the same or right level of stability.

I use a chair and it works just fine. I plan to get the Turbo Tower, but until then, the chair is a good substitute for me.

I use the sturdy bookcase in my workout room/study. It's a better height than a chair. It was turbo bar or a new pair of workout shoes (mine were 3 years old :eek:) this year I hope to get a turbo bar. No matter what that workout kills my "rear gear" like nothing else.

I usea chair, but in my experience of barre based workouts, even a piece of furniture of the right height for you will work great!happy pulsing and happy new year too!

I used an old dining room chair at first, and it worked fine. It was the old wooden 'captain's' style popular in the 80's :), nice wide base. Santa dropped off a turbo tower for Christmas and I like it a bit better - much more stable. Either works, though!

I use a bar-type stool with a back that rises to waist height, and it's just right. I've also used a dining room chair with a slightly higher back and that works fine too.

I have a 4-tiered cat tower in my living room for my 2 kitty cats. I had put felt pads on the bottom corners so I could slide it to move it around on the hardwood floors so that I could clean.

None of my chairs were the right height... but the 3rd tier up from floor level on the cat tower was perfect.... So I slid it over into the middle of the living room and started Turbo Barre.

One of my cats, Bella, jumped up on the top tier and watched me from above. I'm sure she was critiquing my form... lol

Where do you get the Turbo Tower? I can't find it in Shop Cathe. Is it available at a fitness supply store?

hi sirensongwoman.....it's out of stock at shopcathe, but u can get it at walmart.com...it's called the altus turbo tower.....it's the exact same thing it just doesn't have the cathe logo on it....or u can google and see if they sell it elsewhere cheaper than walmart....HTH:)

hi sirensongwoman.....it's out of stock at shopcathe, but u can get it at walmart.com...it's called the altus turbo tower.....it's the exact same thing it just doesn't have the cathe logo on it....or u can google and see if they sell it elsewhere cheaper than walmart....HTH:)
Thank you so much, MrsYancy :).

I just got Turbo Barre but have some Bar Method dvds. I started out with a not so great chair but eventually got a Fluidity Bar off craigslist. I am tall though so all my chairs were too short or not flat across the top which made it awkward to hold. The thing I like about my bar is that I can do pullups on it also. If you have a desk or table at the right height that would work.

I use a kitchen chair that is just the right height and it works great. I think if you have something that you can use that's the correct height, you don't need to invest in the equipment unless you want to.

Having issues finding the turbo tower at a fair price so... since I need squat stands anyway, does anyone know if a barbell stretched across a pair of squat stands will work okay for a barre?

Having issues finding the turbo tower at a fair price so... since I need squat stands anyway, does anyone know if a barbell stretched across a pair of squat stands will work okay for a barre?

I have the Valor BD 3 squat stands and use them with my barbell for TB. The stands are separate so you can adjust the width to what works with your barbell. I also use them for a bench press rack with STS. Here is a pic of my setup:

I paid around $100 a few years ago at Overstock. Not sure if they still have them but you could try a search for Valor squat stands and see what comes up. HTH :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.