Lower body rotation results

kariev

Cathlete
Or those who have done any or cathe's lower body rotations, what have your results been? I'm considering trying this months rotation.

Hi there!

I am doing this months rotation. I call it the "Great Booty Rotation" :eek:. First time doing a LB rotation, so no results yet. Although I am getting HUGE DOMS, so I figure that's a pretty good sign. I loved my results from the LIS rotation (it really toned down my hips/thighs/butt) so I figured why not try this one. I have a stubborn LB, so I need to change things up to get results.

Just do it!! I am sure you'll have fantastic results!

Natasha

I have had success with freestyle type training for lower body using Cathe's endurance and floor work outs. It has definitely slimmed me down.

I've also had success with the Brazilian Butt Lift rotation. Not Cathe but it worked for me so I figured I would toss it out there.

Fit_mommy said:
I have had success with freestyle type training for lower body using Cathe's endurance and floor work outs. It has definitely slimmed me down.

I've also had success with the Brazilian Butt Lift rotation. Not Cathe but it worked for me so I figured I would toss it out there.

I had luck with BBL too. I did it in 2009 when I was just getting back into working out. Far less intense but I had a lot of fun. I then moved on to Butts & Guts. About 4 times a year I do a rotation with b&g 2 times a week and had great results. My booty isn't exactly how I want it but it's the best booty I have had in all my life and I am 38.

I vote for B&G twice a week plus a couple of cardio and another day for upper body.

Susan

I bow down to those who do B&G once a week for any length of time let alone TWO times a week! :eek: That work outs slays me!!! I admit I don't reach for it often. :eek: Probably exactly why I should do it more, huh? :rolleyes:

I bow down to those who do B&G once a week for any length of time let alone TWO times a week! :eek: That work outs slays me!!! I admit I don't reach for it often. :eek: Probably exactly why I should do it more, huh? :rolleyes:

Wendy (or anyone else who has done B&G)

I am new to Cathe's LB workouts, as I just got Gym Style Legs (and a few others for the Feb rotation). GSL just killed me. Mind you, I get worse DOMS from Afterburn for some reason. Any way, how do the two compare? Also LBB looks great and fun too. I like how Cathe puts in the blasts. Do I really need to have all 3 in my collection? Are they THAT different from one another???

Thanks!

Natasha

B&G and LBB are both lower body endurance work outs. I think of LBB as the sequel to B&G. LBB has cardio blasts. B&G does not but they both serve the same purpose.

GSL however focuses on heavier weight loads and fewer reps so it is definitely different from both B&G and LBB.

I have all of them but I would say adding B&G OR LBB to your collection would be just fine. You don't NEED both imo. If you want the cardio option go for LBB. If you don't care then it's probably a toss up. They are both awesome but for me personally, B&G strikes more fear in my heart then LBB. I think perhaps b/c the cardio in LBB helps recovery of the muscles so as tough as the work out is, I find it a tiny bit less painful! ;)

HTH a bit.

Wendy (or anyone else who has done B&G)

I am new to Cathe's LB workouts, as I just got Gym Style Legs (and a few others for the Feb rotation). GSL just killed me. Mind you, I get worse DOMS from Afterburn for some reason. Any way, how do the two compare? Also LBB looks great and fun too. I like how Cathe puts in the blasts. Do I really need to have all 3 in my collection? Are they THAT different from one another???

Thanks!

Natasha

Hi Natasha,

I haven't done LBB yet, but I did buy it recently. I tend to get bored easily so the more the merrier. I will say B&G is TOUGH. It does have a bit of a dread factor because it is so tough. But my lower body is pretty firm. The first time I did Afterburn I had DOMS, but haven't had it since (have done it about 4 more times). I attribute that to B&G.

I have Gym Style and I did a rotation with that, the floorwork in Gym Style is harder than the floor work in B&G though. I wish you lived by me, I'd just let you borrow it to try it out first :)

Despite all my reading on fitness, I am still not clear on endurance work (B&G) versus heavier weights (gym style). All I know is that I easily add bulk to my lower body, so I try to stay away from heavy weights (I equate heavier weight to more muscle and I don't want to be bigger there.) Any comments from anyone on that approach???

Susan

Susan

Everything that Fit_mommy said...

is right on!

I have Gym Styles Legs, Butts & Guts, Lower Body Blast and what I call a *light* version of lower body...Turbo Barre. I also consider STS Meso 3 Plyo Legs some of the best lower body workouts ever!

susanzabo...to me endurance work has more of a faster/higher rep quota to it. The cardio spin may also help with sweat/water loss. Heavy weight lifting can temporarily cause you to feel swelling due to water retention in the muscle itself (muscle pump) but I swear by drinking quality green tea if I'm feeling that tightness. If you build easily in the legs and don't want to gain there, stick with moderate weights and rep it out and go for endurance style workouts, but every now and then I still would do a heavy weight session. Its my belief that full body workouts are more suited to endurance though.

minni-natty, I don't want to say you *need* all three, but Lower Body Blast is high quality and really fun, plus there is a premix in there that adds on a Barre workout and makes it over an hour long. Butts & Guts is unique for me because I love the floor work with my shoe-irons that I wear instead of ankle weights. Its different from LBB and Turbo Barre and that's what I love, the unique sequences and music and feel of the workouts. I've finished STS (sigh) and heading back into cycling season so I'm doing full body workouts now for overall endurance with kettlebells and cycling on the trainer, but I'm focusing on lower body strength training. I'm using Lower Body Blast, Butts & Guts, Turbo Barre, and I pick out one of the Plyo Leg workouts plus Gym Styles. I don't stick to a formal rotation, but mine is days MWFS, then skip Monday and start on Tuesday, and so on. I also add on cardio afterwards which is what I listed above. Oh...not to go on about whipping the credit card out, but kickboxing is awesome for lower body too. :p

Hi Natasha,

I haven't done LBB yet, but I did buy it recently. I tend to get bored easily so the more the merrier. I will say B&G is TOUGH. It does have a bit of a dread factor because it is so tough. But my lower body is pretty firm. The first time I did Afterburn I had DOMS, but haven't had it since (have done it about 4 more times). I attribute that to B&G.

I have Gym Style and I did a rotation with that, the floorwork in Gym Style is harder than the floor work in B&G though. I wish you lived by me, I'd just let you borrow it to try it out first :)

Despite all my reading on fitness, I am still not clear on endurance work (B&G) versus heavier weights (gym style). All I know is that I easily add bulk to my lower body, so I try to stay away from heavy weights (I equate heavier weight to more muscle and I don't want to be bigger there.) Any comments from anyone on that approach???

Susan

Susan

Susan,

I am also fascinated with fitness/health topics . I have a very shapely lower body, classic pear-shape, and always thought lifting heavier may equal bulk in my legs, thighs & bum. I have never stuck with one or the other to actually find out. I like to change up my routine, so sometimes I do lighter weight/higher reps, heavy weight/lower reps, no weight and just leg lifts or band work. What I do know for certain, is that my body is lazy and needs variety for me to actually see results. The more muscle I have (ie- in my LB, UB) the less fat I tend to carry in my problem area's (hips/thighs/bum) and the less cellulite I have. So I will continue to add heavy weight/low reps to my weight training routine.

Thanks Susan, Wendy, DirtDiva for your recommendations. For some reason, I may go with LBB instead of B&G. I love the cardio blasts aspect of it. If I want to be scared, I have TB. That one is super hard for me!!

Natasha

Several years ago I incorporated the "Leg Blast" premix from B&G and the "Mania" premix from Legs and Glutes into my own rotation. I did each once a week, in addition to a full body workout and a separate upper body workout. I had amazing results with it! Both of those premixes really worked my lower body like nothing else. I'm a pear shape as well and it definitely shaped and toned my lower half. :D

I love B&G!! I think it's my favorite lower body workout from Cathe, followed very closely by the others. All the lower body DVDs have so much to offer. You won't be disappointed with B&G though!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.