I've discovered Nutella!

Carmen829

Cathlete
Holy cow! Where has this been all my life :p I spread a little on my protein pancakes so I didnt feel so guilty. This cant be good for me. I think it funny that label says part of a healthy breakfast.

Carmen.

I don't think it's considered a healthy food.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but palm oil (second ingredient) is a hydrogenated oil- trans fat.
Sugar is the first ingredient!:eek:

Note: I'm going to correct myself...Palm oil is not a trans fat, but according to Dr. Fuhrman it's one of the fattiest of fats and feeds cholesterol.

Last edited:
Nutella is soooo good. Grew up with it.........Italians love that stuff!!

A healthier alternative is MaraNatha chocolate almond spread. Natural ingredients, not so much sugar, and very tasty. A little more expensive (obviously) but worth it. I think MaraNatha has a chocolate peanut spread too. The whole line of products are yummy. Check it out:

MaraNatha

I try to give this to my daughter instead of Nutella. She can't taste the difference!

Ahhhh....Nutella! Don't name it to me! It is equivalent to tons of fat that will instantly appear around your butt, hips and thighs the minute you'll let it into your mouth! :D I'm a poor Italian girl who knows very well the damages made by Nutella!!!:eek:
This is a thing I've banned from my house ... and when I'm really craving for that I just buy a mini-portion (roughly 30grams) which I share with my husband, otherwise the temptation of opening that jar every day is too strong :eek: :D

Another Italian Nutella lover here!! That stuff is dangerous. I haven't had it in my house for 3 years because I can promise you, that jar WILL be demolished in a couple of days. I don't even spread it on anything. Get me a spoon and I'm good to go ;)

Nutella is the devil incarnate. Once I made the horrible, horrible mistake of spreading it on saltines. Oh my stars.

I don't allow it in the house anymore.

I like Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams... but it also has palm oil... hmmm I thought palm oil was like coconut oil?

Nutella is one of the guilty pleasures that I indulge in. Just one tea spoon full brings a silly smile to my face. Guess its coz I grew up with it :)

I've never tried Nutella. You guys are making me feel like I am missing out. The guy in my office is a vegetarian and for breakfast sometimes he eats a whole loaf of bread spread with Nutella :0

I like Peanut Butter & Co Dark Chocolate Dreams... but it also has palm oil... hmmm I thought palm oil was like coconut oil?

It's debatable....It's a saturated fat.

Primal living recommends Red Palm oil, and talks about the difference in Palm oils here:

Palm Oil Nutrition | Mark's Daily Apple

On a side note, there is a sad comment at the bottom of the above article about where Palm oil comes from and the impact it is having on the environment.:(

"I noticed some people commenting on the relationship between palm oil and orangutan habitat, so I’d lke to clarify. Please keep in mind that 90% of the global supply comes from Indonesia and Malaysia.
The palm oil industry is guilty of the most heinous ecological atrocities imaginable, including the systematic genocide of orangutans.
The forests of Borneo and Sumatra are the only place where these gentle, intelligent creatures live, and the cultivation of palm oil has directly led to the brutal deaths of thousands of individuals as the industry has expanded into previously undisturbed areas of rainforest.
When the forest is cleared, adult orangutans are typically shot on sight. These peaceful, sentient beings are beaten, burned, mutilated, tortured and often eaten. Babies are torn off their dying mothers so they can be sold on the black market as illegal pets to wealthy families who see them as status symbols of their own power and prestige. I’m not writing this to shock anyone. It has been documented time and again.
Some of the luckier orangutans are confiscated and brought to sanctuaries such as the Nyaru Menteng Orangutan Rescue Center, which is home to around 650 orphaned and displaced orangutans in Central Kalimantan (Indonesian Borneo). Many of these orangutans are only several weeks old when they arrive, and all of them are psychologically traumatized and desperate for their mothers– who were slaughtered right before their eyes.
To learn more about the crisis facing wild orangutans because of palm oil and see how YOU can help protect them, please visit the Orangutan Outreach website: http://redapes.org
Thank you for your time!
Richard Zimmerman
Director, Orangutan Outreach
Reach out and save the orangutans!
Adopt an orangutan today!

Hi here is Chiara from Italy, I confirm you we loooooooooove Nutella!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:, and personally I love Cathe how help me burn it off :p:p.
A big salute to all of you cathelete.

Nutella is soooo good. Grew up with it.........Italians love that stuff!!

A healthier alternative is MaraNatha chocolate almond spread. Natural ingredients, not so much sugar, and very tasty. A little more expensive (obviously) but worth it. I think MaraNatha has a chocolate peanut spread too. The whole line of products are yummy. Check it out:

MaraNatha

I try to give this to my daughter instead of Nutella. She can't taste the difference!

I LOVE that stuff !!!! Just bought a jar of it this morning !! I put a teaspoon of it into my oatmeal in the morning and I also smear some on a banana. YUMMY!!

I feel so left out of the love fest for nutella. :(

I can't stand the stuff. It's icky sweet and makes my teeth hurt. I don't even understand how people eat it! :confused:

I have never tasted nutella and after hearing about it I think I will keep it that way since it sounds like something I would LOVE! :p

I *heart* nutella. I literally cannot keep it in the house. I will take a spoon to it and eat it like pudding. It's shameful, but true. It's my crack. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.