Funny Things That Happen When Working Out

jldx2in2000

Cathlete
Ok! This is almost a little embarrassing to say but it also so funny I have to tell someone!

First, let me explain that I pretty much workout in the dark; just the light in the hallway and the TV to see by. This is because if I turn the light on in the room I work out in it gets way too hot for me.

Anyway, during hammer curls in Body Max this morning. I picked up my 12 lb dumbbells and did my reps. Towards the end I thought man my left arm is getting so much weaker than my right or else my right is getting so much stronger.

I put the dumbbells down and that is when I noticed I was using a 12 lb in the left hand and a 10 lb in the right hand. :eek:

Anyone else have funny/embarrassing workout stories they are willing to share?

There can't be anything more embarrassing than what I must look like doing all those roll back pop up core exercises in MMA and CCC.

I did that same thing once couldn't figure out why one side was harder then the other until I went to put my wts. away and I work out in the evening with the light on.

Last week I just happened to do multiple step workouts that use an 8 inch step (Low Max, BM2, LIC). I didn't honestly mean to plan it that way. Anyway, so last Sunday I decided to do Intensity on a 6 inch step. I guess I had become used to the higher step because when I first went to put my right foot on the step I stepped way to high in the air so when my foot finally came down I was completely off balance, stumbled forward, and fell over my step (it's hard to describe). Luckily my DH was not in the room at the time! I laughed at myself for a few minutes before picking myself up off the floor and continuing with Cathe's butt-kicking. :)

I was doing STS abs with the stability ball for the first time a few months back. My balance wasn't so good...So as I was doing the side to side skiing ones and i pretty much bounced off the ball and almost wiped out my cat in the process.

Thanks for sharing everyone! It makes me feel better knowing I am not the only one who looks nutty, does dumb things, or almost knocks over my pets while trying to keep up with Cathe and crew!

ROTFLOL :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Julie, that was so funny to hear and you made a start of a wonderful day for me. Love to sit down and start a fresh day with laughter. You are so funny!

I loved all the stories, very hilarious! Made my morning.

Janie

I've done the mismatched-weights thing before. I think it was bench presses with a 20- and a 25-pound dumbell.

I've also punched myself in the chin doing uppercuts (when I was first doing kickboxing).

Not embarassing when I'm working out alone, but it would be if other people were around: I've been all sweaty, doing crunches on a mat, and my back going down onto the mat made a definite fart-like sound.

I have bounced off my BOSU a couple of times and almost went through the TV. :eek:

Something else sort of embarrassing that happened last year, not during a WO but workout-related. I strained my trapezius and pinched a nerve—get this—just while putting on a sports bra. I could not move my neck and actually missed work, which my bosses completely roasted me about.

Hillarious thread!! I was doing one of the Insanity workouts where you do the cross-jacks (you know, hand over the head while jacking). And of course my DS was in the room as I proceeded to smack myself in the head not once but twice!!!:p:eek::rolleyes: We were both laughing so hard I had to stop and blow my nose!!

Then there are of course the obvious "mother nature" oopsies that sneak out every now and then! :eek: Somehow it's still embarrassing even if you are the only one who witnesses those biological faux pas!!

Happy Sunday!
Pam

I was stretching my back out by making an arch over the stability ball, kind of like doing a back bend. When I rolled back a little further, my ponytail got trapped under the ball. I couldn't roll any further back and it pulled my hair too hard to roll forward. I finally was able to roll sideways.

And I have punch myself in the chin, like several of you, and I just did the back fart on the rubber mat that someone mentioned yesterday. Glad I work out alone (well maybe not when the ponytail got stuck,lol)

These are all great stories! :p

I can't say I have ever actually punched myself in the face during punching drills but I have certainly come close and wondered how I would explain giving myself a black eye!

I have also had the ponytail stuck under the stability ball but luckily not to the point I couldn't get out easily.

Probably what I do most is fall of the stability ball while doing planks or pikes on the ball. I always seem to shift my weight to one side and before I know it I am on the ground! :eek:

Julie, I did the mismatched weights one day last week but I can't blame being in the dark! I didn't even notice until I went to pick them up for another exercise later.
I love the pony tail getting stuck under the stability ball. Too funny!

Pam

The stability ball has been the source of unlimited goof ball moments. Tricep Pushups that result in a crumple on the floor, or when attempting pikes, whoops....bam! or the face plant doing leg lift things with it under you Or the time I kicked it aside and it came bounding back during Drill Max. :mad:

Bands that let go and snap you in the arm. or leg. or worse:eek:

How about flying angels, or the liberty hoppy thing.

Fell off my step at a Roadtrip with 105 women in the room. Not just a misstep, but a misstep, catch yourself, fall back, land on your butt, roll into your next door stepper causing her to stop and look alarmed, look up and see 105 five faces looking at cha. Jump up, throw hands in the air, and wait for the judges score :eek:

Fell off my step at a Roadtrip with 105 women in the room. Not just a misstep, but a misstep, catch yourself, fall back, land on your butt, roll into your next door stepper causing her to stop and look alarmed, look up and see 105 five faces looking at cha. Jump up, throw hands in the air, and wait for the judges score :eek:

With an audience of 105, I do believe you win! :D

It was my 3rd attempt at HiiT 40/20. I told myself that no matter what, I was going to finish the 40 seconds of the butt kicks (this one gets me every time). Half way through, I felt my shorts starting to pull down. By the end of the 40 seconds, my shorts were all the way down to my knees. I happened to glance in the mirror and couldn't help but laugh at how silly I looked. I have no idea what I would of told my DH if he happened to walk in at that particular time!!

Mary

Ly10up and Mary - too funny! :eek: Your stories are exactly what I needed today. I woke up with a sore throat and you know what they say "laughter is the best medicine."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.