do you eat b4 am workout?

Autumn68

Cathlete
I'm wondering what people eat before an early am workout. I only have an hour and workout 6-7am and don't know if I should have whey protein or 1/2 banana or what before an early am workout. I would have breakfast after the w/o on the way to work or at work. I should be starting a new job next week and would like to hear what others do.
Thanks,
Autumn
PS and if anyone leaves work and works out I'd like to know if you have a snack around 4 if your going to workout at 6pm.
I would like to get 2 workouts in if I can, and those would be the times.
Thanks!!!!

I'm wondering what people eat before an early am workout. I only have an hour and workout 6-7am and don't know if I should have whey protein or 1/2 banana or what before an early am workout. I would have breakfast after the w/o on the way to work or at work. I should be starting a new job next week and would like to hear what others do.
Thanks,
Autumn
PS and if anyone leaves work and works out I'd like to know if you have a snack around 4 if your going to workout at 6pm.
I would like to get 2 workouts in if I can, and those would be the times.
Thanks!!!!

I work out inthe morning, and then also at about 6 :) In the morning I only do half an hour, and I don't eat first. If I extend it for any reason, i'd have some protein shake, but I rarely do extend it. As for the 6 o clock session, I ALWAYS have a snack around four. It's the highlight of my day!! :) IT really helps me give it my all in the workout too :)
Good luck with the new job!

I work out early in the morning (3am) and do not eat before working out. The exception to this is if I am doing heavy lifting with no cardio, I might eat a few dates or prunes to get a little energy boost. I do not like doing cardio with anything in my stomach.

Before either my morning or afternoon (after work) workouts, I have a smoothie: a frozen banana, a container of O.N.E. coconut water, a handful of goji berries, a sprinkle of chia seeds, sometimes a scoop of Vega Performance Optimizer. It digests well for me.

Wow, that's quite a snack Kathryn. Never had a joji berry, sounds like something I'd want to check out.
Thanks guys for your input. I would prefer not to eat until after, but I worry that I might be doing harm...2 of the am days will be weight days and the other 3 (in a work week) will be cardio (kickbox or spinning).
Autumn

If you don't want to eat, I don't think you absolutely have to. I do have a little bit of fruit. Protein before tends to make me puke. 1/2 a banana works well. Yogurt comes up on me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.