Xtrainers

Hi everyone. I have felt sick for four days now with a burning stomach, and every so often my stomach muscles knot up into a fist. It's this constant feeling of wanting to throw up but it doesn't happen. It has been keeping me up at night too. I missed three days of workouts. Today I attempted SuperCuts and Core 1 but could tell I was not at my optimum because I am in pain and sleep-deprived. So I went to see if the doctor would squeeze me in. I know he cannot see into my stomach but I had to start somewhere. He is thinking there is a possibility of either gall bladder issues or a peptic ulcer. I have two meds at home waiting for me to start on them. I am supposed to eat clear bland foods for the next several days to see what happens.

My family is going out in two intervals both Saturday night with my mom and Sunday without her in an attempt to have Easter. I have just declined both dinners. Right now I am not even enjoying my coffee, and that is unheard of in my world. I haven't had a glass of wine since Saturday. I have this terrible taste in my mouth and I am so tired and cold.

So I am not sure what I will get done this weekend unless the meds work magic and I get some sleep.

I hope you guys will have a very nice Easter with your families and hope the bunny is good to all!

Shelley - I hope you feel better and the meds offer you some relief. Can you take something to sleep - melatonin?

HI all..

Checking in today with Rockout Knockout..

Shelley: Hope you are feeling better soon.

Not sure what we will do this weekend besides Church. Family time probably.

Checking in with Bootcamp with step Live. This was a great bootcamp workout.mthecstep was mainly used for blasts.

Did anyone see the Nike sneakers Cathe posted to FB? Of course I ordered one of the pairs :D

Happy Easter everyone!

Shelley---I am hoping that you are feeling better by today! If it's your gall bladder that's causing the pain, that can be extremely painful! Do you also experience your abdomen swelling? Are the meds working?
Prosecco is a dry, white sparkling Italian wine. Its delicious and easy on my stomach. It's also good mixed with Apérol or Chambord.

Lisa---I love hearing of your travels to NYC. I did not see Cathe's sneakers........will have to get to Facebook.

Kathy---we spent time with family today, too. It's a warmish windy day....very spring like!

K---I hope that your friend finds comfort from your visit.

We went to The Hermitage...Pres Andrew Jackson's home on our way home from Texas. Very interesting place......large plantation that had slaves. Abby is studying the Civil War right now so it was good for her to learn about how slaves were treated and lived. It was also interesting to learn a little more about politics and Washington DC in that era.

It feels soooooooo good to exercise in my own workout room!!
Thurs---45 min Treadmill + abs
Fri---Chest/Back + weighted abs
Sat---45 min incline TM workout + leg work (miss the leg machines)
Sun---30 min Spin/30 min TM + shoulders

Hi all - hope you had a good weekend.

Susan~ You guys must rack up a lot of miles flying so much - that is great!
K ~How is your friend feeling? Did the kids enjoy the trip?
Kathy~Did you enjoy your family time?
Shelly~ Are you feeling any better? Did you find out what it was?

On Saturday Ryan and I hiked for 3 hours. The weather was perfect! I was so sore yesterday all I could manage was Xtrain BS Bis and Tris. I did a few errands yesterday but was pretty tired so we caught up on episodes of Homeland.

This morning was Ramped Up Cardio and Weights Live. I really enjoyed the workout, but there definitely were some technical issues. The sound did not match up with the feed. I also did Yin Yoga Legs/Hips segment this morning as I am still sore from hiking!

Hi ladies...

We had a great day yesterday. Lauren and I went to get groceries and then we cooked turkey and ate like pigs. The weather was so beautiful that Vic and I went for a walk after dinner. Great day..

Rested on the workouts yesterday and Saturday was Cardio Kicks. Today I think I will be doing RWH plyo two. Whatever is on week 3 of the rotation...

Susan: cool visiting Andrew Jackson's home. We have been to Thomas Jefferson's place and George Washington's Mount Vernon. Love to take those tours...

Today was Smokin Lower Body Live. I know I keep saying this, but another great workout. It started off with no equipment, then moved to dumbbells, barbell and step. Holy deadlifts!

Hi everyone. I am feeling better. I do not think I had a bug or an ulcer. I believe I narrowed it down to Stoneyfield Organic Greek Yogurt. I went thru three containers - the first never set well with me, felt like my esophagus was burning with every swallow, but I kept eating it. The second is when I got sick in the middle of and threw the rest out. When I opened the third yesterday and took two spoonfuls, my body instantly reacted. I believe our bodies have this innate sense of what is right/wrong/good/bad for us, and this sense knows more about us than our own conscious minds. It suddenly all fit into place yesterday, so I am going back to the Chobani that I have been eating for more than ten years.

Recently I learned that Chobani may still have some soy in it and they have not yet changed their ingredients which is what prompted me to get away from it. But ten years later I am still alive so I am going back to it. I have the same reaction when I eat grass-fed this and farm-raised that, I think my body prefers the polluted stuff!!!

Anyway yesterday I didn't get up in time for a workout so last night I walked 1.25 miles then jogged back 1.25 miles. Yay!!! Today same type of morning so tonight I plan to walk/jog again. But I do need to get back to my weights and LIVE workouts.

I seem to have lost a couple pounds since limiting my wine drinking to one weekend night. I think the sugar was preventing the scale from moving as that was really the only bad thing I was indulging in.

Sunday I busted my butt outside with Gerry - he drove the cart while I picked up all the sticks, twigs, and limbs from all the wind we've had. Then I mowed all the perimeter while he rode the riding mower. Back to yardwork for the year but I keep telling myself it's good as a means to burning calories.

I am leaving work to meet some school friends from when we all began in kindergarten. We each are turning 60 this year so we are celebrating with lunches, parties, etc. Afterwards, I may treat myself to a pedicure.

Lisa did you review Cathe's LIVE workout from Thursday April 13? Lots of cardio and core. I will need to work up to it. Some of the recent workouts you have done - my list shows I've not yet tried them. There are so so many lower body workouts. I want to next try the 60 minute total body hiit workout number 133 - do you log them by numbers or titles after you do them?

I will catch up with you all more tomorrow.

Shelley - I am SO glad you are feeling better. I do the Fage yogurt. I know its not organic but it really is the only item I eat that isn't. I don't touch anything with soy in it. I am terrified of it.
I was thinking of you this weekend with the scale thing. I have a pair of pants that are my "scale" I have had them for 5 years. If they fit very spring, I know that I am good to go :)
I did see that newest Live workout and it looks great. I keep track of the workouts I have done by the name. There are a lot of LB workouts, but I love working legs so that is great for me!

Shelley, I am glad you are ok. yay! on the jogging.
My friend is doing ok. By the time I reached her pain was bearable. She ended up making us easter dinner, brownies. My kids did not want to leave her. We really did have a great time. Visited family too.
Came home late or early today. Tired. But, I did do April 13th workout. It was tough. The core work was just horrendous. Could not do too many reps of core. Ahh!!
-Kiran

Susan, Sounds like a cool trip for Abby. Has she been studying up? It is interesting to see how things play out when they see it. I know he is a very controversial figure. What does she think about it ?

Since 4th grade Neel has been studying WW2 and holocaust. We plan to visit Auschwitz this year.

K~ Glad you got back safely.

Today was Boxing HIIT Blasts and Core Live. My legs are screaming from yesterday's workout!

Thank you, I do feel better.

This morning I did FlexTrain. I was not feeling strong enough for a Cathe Live LOL! I am dying to try the Total Body Hiit and a few others. I keep track by date, #, and name, and so far have not allowed myself to do any one Live workout a second time as I want to experience as many firsts as I can. I also want to do the Cardio Core Blast from last week. Today she was going to do an upper body workout - can't wait to view it!

Shelley - I am so glad you are feeling better.

I realized this morning that I had worked out 9 days in a row and we are hiking again this Saturday! I decided to just do yoga.

Thank you Lisa I do feel like myself again.

I wish I had your determination and motivation. You are a moving machine!

Where do you guys hike and what's it like? I've never been hiking.

This morning I had what I would call a temporary bout with insanity or a momentary lapse in judgement. I did for the first time S&S Cardio Slam. Suffice it to say Cathe would never pick me out of a crowd to be a cast member. I cannot jump or do drills or burpees or any of those things as fast as the crew was going. I really did not at all care for this workout. The low impact moves with the weights were ok but the rest was not for me. Sometime down the road I'll give it another try and see if my opinion changes. That sometimes happens.

Looking forward to the weekend to do some live workouts such as the total body hiit and the upper body blast. I'd also like to get some walking and light jogging in.

We had a deluge yesterday. I swear it must have rained a foot. Everywhere you go today it looks like you are surrounded by little lakes.

What's everyone up to for the weekend?

Lisa when you go to the doctor don't they weigh you? I have heard of people who get weighed backwards because they really do not want to know the number. Glad to know your spring pants fit. You are a great role model.

Kiran please remember that I want to hear all about Auschwitz. I think it is fascinating that you will be going there. Actually I admire all of your travels.

Susan are you looking forward to opening the pool? I have had Chambord but not the other wines you mentioned. I have been forcing myself to only drink one weekend night. I sure miss my after work glass of Shiraz but I want to see how long I can do this and if it helps the scale. Last night I pigged out on tortillini and today I am so mad at myself.

Saundra where are you?

Kathy are you coming to PA this year? Sure wish we all could meet up!

TGIF!!!

Shelley - We hike all different places. Last weekend was the Delaware Water Gap. Tomorrow is somewhere (I can't remember the name) in Southern NJ. We also have quite a few within a half hour of our house. We both love to do it so its great! The one thing that I LOVE about NJ is how close we are to the beach, mountains and NYC. Now if the weather were better, I would be set!

I turn my back when I get weighed at the doctor and won't have them tell me the number. :D

Today was Low Impact Leg Blast with Upper Body Stability Ball Live. It was good.

I am hoping next week to get some of the 2014 Live workouts I haven't done yet.

Hi everyone! Boy this week flew by!!! It seems as though time picks up speed once we get to Easter.

Lisa---we don't do a lot of flying normally. I dislike flying and cant wait to feel the wheels touchdown. LOL we usually travel in the car or motorhome---I know and trust the driver. ;)
I like hiking as long as its on a trail but Chris loves to blaze his own trail through the woods--not fun!!!
What a wonderful idea for at the dr office!! Im going to steal your idea at my next visit :cool:
Have you tried the new "chrome" polish? I am in love with it!!

Kathy---We havent taken Abby to either Mt Vernon or Monticello but they on our long list of places to visit. Id love to take her to some of the battlefields in VA and of course Gettysburg. She was told about Shermans march to Atlanta and how he spared the towns of Covington and Conyers because he and his Lt had mistresses in those towns.......according to the residents of those two towns. You should have seen her face when they were telling her!! LOL

Shelley--do have issues with lactose intolerance? It boggles my mind that brands of yogurt could be so different as far as digestion.
Yardwork is the ultimate tough workout! You feel every muscle in your body afterwards....for days!!!
They came and opened the pool Tues, much to our surprise. Abby wants to swim but the water is too cold and the air is freezing!! Maybe this weekend we will get in if everything is warm enough. I like the pool to be 90-92*.

K--Abby enjoyed the tour and peeking into how slaves lived. THere was an excellent movie before the tour about Jackson --- his personal life and his political life. Its amazing how different people lived but at the same time dealt with some of the same issues we are dealing with today. History tends to repeat itself, unfortunately.
Good for Neel studying WW2 & the Holocaust.....a very tragic time for all!! Have you taken him to a Holocaust Museum yet? He may be too young to see the horrifying things that were done to peole. We took Abby to the Houston Holocaust Museum a couple of years ago. It was very upseting for her (and us) even with our friend who works there taking us through.
Her class is going to DC and the Holocaust Museum is one of their stops. She is not happy to be going. I really wish we could be there with her for support. It is so upsetting! Honestly, everyone should make a point to visit a museum.......the intolerance and cruelty is beyond comprehension. :(

Mon---45 min intervals TM + Chest & abs
Tues---Ba & Sh & abs
Wed---45 min TM (speed) + Legs
Thur---Bi & Tri + weighted abs
Fri-----TM--speed & incline intervals 60 min + abs

Last edited:
Hi all - Happy Monday!

Susan~ The majority of hiking we do is on trail. I am not really good with a lot of woods - Ryan always makes fun of me. I like wide open spaces. I think I have seen the chrome nail polish. I am so boring when it comes to colors. Black or dark navy in the winter and light pink/white or light grey in the summer. Occasionally I will do a light blue. I like to keep my nails super short also.

Has anyone seen this article:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/well/move/the-best-exercise-for-aging-muscles.html?_r=0

I hope you all had a great weekend. We hiked on Saturday but we had to cut it short and it started raining. I am waiting for nice, consistent sunny weather to arrive. Yesterday was Upper Body Sculpting Live and the rest of the day was errands, laundry a facial and blow out. This morning was RWH LI 1 and 2 plus abs.

Last edited:
Hi ladies..

Checking in this weekend's workouts..

Saturday: Party rockin step #1
Sunday: Muscle Endurance

Today I plan to do RWH low impact 2

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.