Xtrainers

Lisa---I had not seen this article but have read three other articles on the same subject.They must be the latest test results released. Its a very interesting subject and we do have the best instructor to follow these recommendations.

When we go on our "hikes" through the woods, it never fails that I walk through a spider web. I'm done then and ready to go home and shower. LOL

Sat--Back & Bis -- heavier weights this week + abs 40# DB 1-arm rows, 50# lat pulldowns, 40# DB pullovers, 15# DBs for rear flyes
Sun--30 min Weighted interval TM .........wore weighted vest and used 2# DBs to do punching intervals alternating with UB moves intervals. Followed with Chest using heavier weights 75# BB for bench and incline bench 30#DB for flyes and incline flyes

Hey all

I hope you had a great weekend. I had a gala for my work. I was tired and Sunday I just lazed around.

Susan, I know it will be difficult but he really wants to see it. We will see. I have seen the DC one but not Neel.

Saturday: RWH LI1 + 30 mins of yoga
Sunday: rest
Today was UB Bootcamp.
-Kiran

K---I am only doing 8 reps and 4-6 sets.......my body feels exhausted. LOL I wasn't sure how my wrist would hold up but so far its been ok. (Knock on wood!!! Hope I didn't just jinx myself!!)

My upper & middle back are quite sore today. I think its from using the 2#DBs for punches yesterday. :)

Today was shoulders:
OH Press & Arnold Press 25# DBs,
Upright Rows 50# BB
Bent arm side lat raises 15# DBs,
Side lat & front raises 12# DBs (first set 15#)
Rear delts raises 15# DBs
Finished with shoulder circles with the band

Susan~ That is some serious weight for the UB! I applaud you for continuing with the splits work. Maybe one day I will get back to that.
Hello to Kathy, Kiran and Shelley :), Has anyone heard from Saundra?
Today was Cardio Leg Blast with High Step Live. This is the first Live workout I have done that I really did not click with. It was just too high rep for me.

Wow Susan you are a heavy weightlifter. You should compete! I would never be able to handle weights like that. Great going! Do you pretty much freestyle rather than do dvds anymore?

I too have wondered where Saundra was.

Lisa I am going to preview that high step workout and see if it's one I would like to try.

On Saturday I did #145 Upper Body Boot Camp. It's just what I was looking for and I really felt it the next day and day after, because I don't work my upper body enough.

Sunday was a 3 mile walk/jog followed by tons of work inside and outside the house, car washing etc. I was too exhausted to sleep Sunday night!

Monday I did S&S PHA, and this time around I really liked it and felt it. Today I rested. Not sure if I'll walk tonight or not. I'm tired.

I want to check out that article mentioned above.

Lisa I just previewed the workout you didn't care for. I am going to try it in the morning. I like to preview on YouTube and see how many yays and nays the workouts get. This one got 76 yays and no nays. It also is in both of the Live rotations we have spoke about. I love that we can exchange our thoughts and opinions on these workouts.

I want to try this because of the high step. It is reminiscent of the Firm workouts that really used to do me good in the butt, hip, and leg area. I always believed the Firm workouts really came through with their advertisement regarding results from the high step. Cathe had two high step workouts that I sold many years ago and now regret, but then again I could get them again on her On Demand if I wanted to.

I'll let you know how I do. The pants Cathe is wearing are really different.

Shelley~ I was by far in the best shape doing the FIRM. I am convinced it was the metabolic effect of all the workouts. It also could have been that I was younger! I never felt Cathe's high step workouts were as good as the FIRM.

I will say that I have been doing the Live workouts almost exclusively for 3 months now and not only do my clothes feel looser, I feel 100% better. I have more energy and my joints do not bother me nearly as much. I am loving them! I really wish Cathe would out together a Live rotation!

Today was Solid Cardio plus Hiit Live.

Lisa I too was in much better shape when doing The Firm. I have often wondered if it was because I was younger and because I was also a runner. Now all these years later we are told that steady state aerobics such as running are not good for us, they eat up our muscle base, we need to stick to hiit and tabata workouts etc etc. But then why was I in so much better shape back then PLUS - I ate ten times worse and more unhealthy than I've learned to do now. It's really quite a mystery.

Did you ever consider asking Cathe on her thread if she would put together a Live rotation? I'm sure it's not her but her helpers that put the rotations together so perhaps she could put them on a mission to grant your request. I too could ask and back you up. I'm sure they could also be scanning and reading posts and may see our request. I thought it was odd that shortly after asking for a new upper body live workout, one came up. But probably just a coincidence.

I did your workout this morning - Cardio Leg Blast w/High Step. I have to tell you that the beginning nearly took me out and I was ready to quit, and go back upstairs to drink more coffee. I never even got to four risers not once in the program, and my weight selections were consistently two pounds less than Cathe's except for my barbell which was two pounds more - I have a 22# body bar and didn't feel like fooling around with my other bar and weight plates.

I only slept four hours last night, I have an awful lot on my mind. So I don't know if that's why I had such a hard time with the beginning of the workout. I don't seem to like rapid jumping movements anymore, they make my heart rate soar. Once we got into more of a weight-training mode, I did much better. I am so sad to realize how much endurance I have lost over the years and I blame this squarely on doing the two half-marathons.

Before that I was happy to run anywhere from 3 to 6 miles several times per week. But after training for those races, I chewed up my tendons something fierce and had to give up running and a lot of jumping and step. Now I am at the point where I cannot get my endurance back up. Even with the couple of jogs I've done recently, I cannot jog a straight three miles, I have to take walk breaks. I am so discouraged. This time I have truly passed the point of no return.

There are several articles out there beside the one you posted, about after a certain age we have to exercise smarter, not harder or longer. But I am not ready to concede to that even though my age says I should. I am sitting here just in a quandry, not knowing which way to turn.

You must be in phenomenal shape. Sounds like Live was the best thing that could happen to you. I'm glad for you!!!

Shelley - I am not ready to exercise less at all. I am only going to be 50 this year! I am finding though that after years of doing the same thing over and over (3 days of straight lifting and 3 days of cardio) its just not working for me anymore. I was tried, cranky and dreading my workouts. My joints, especially my elbows and shoulders, were always hurting. I just think we have to do what works for us.

Someone did ask Cathe to do a Live rotation and I do not believe she answered. That's the thread where Jen and another Cathe user posted their rotations. I will try again :)

I am glad that you liked the workout this morning! I am going to give Cardio and Weights a whirl tomorrow.

Hi Everyone!

Shelley---I workout with Abby now and she likes to listen to music so the TV is occupied. She blares the music!! LOL I have done a few workouts with my iPad but I feel as though I'm ignoring her so I stick with the treadmill. I have every weight workout written out so it's not necessary to watch the dvds to complete the workout. It's fun to try & invent workouts that challenge you. But I would like to get back into the kickboxing and MMA.

Yesterday was Legs, Tris and core and tonight will most likely be some kind of a treadmill workout and core.

It is a GORGEOUS day here!!! If I hadn't had to run errands this morning and wait on a service tech this afternoon, I would have sat in the sun for a couple of hours....work on improving my Vitamin D levels. ;)

Hi everyone - it's supposed to be 85 here today! But only a temporary high as we are headed for thunderstorms tonight and temps back into the 60's for the coming week.

No work out for me this morning - had to leave early for blood work for next week's annual with my PCP. Curious about my cholesterol levels etc.

Lisa I neither am ready to exercise less and actually want to start doing more. You are giving me the courage and motivation I need to try the harder Live workouts and I appreciate that very much from you! Keep you opinions coming!

Susan you are a workout machine! I'll bet you look phenomenal. Does Chris compliment you a lot? It's great to have Abs as a workout buddy!

Hello to Kiran and Saundra.

Wishing Kathy a great big beautiful birthday and a wonderful year ahead! Saw it on FB and wished her well there too.

Back to month-end work for me - my favorite time of the month :-(

I wish you ladies would send some of that nice weather here. It has been rainy and gloomy ALL week. I need to see the sun! Hopefully this weekend.
Happy Birthday Kathy!! Have some cake for me.
Today was Kickbox and Barre. I really enjoyed it.

I am so looking forward to the weekend!! I am hoping the weather will cooperate as I really want to go into the city tomorrow.

Today was Hi Low Hiit Live. I did not realize until after I did the workout that I had already done this one. It's fine, I am just trying to get through some of the ones I have not done, as there are a lot!

Shelley~ I posted another request for a Live rotation from Cathe. We shall see!

Lisa I am trying to get a feel for how you choose your Live workouts and keep track.

As for me, I have a running excel spreadsheet that I add to every week when a new Live pops up.

My list contains columns with the following info, and I will use Cardio Core Blast from April 13 as an example:
  2. Date 4/13/17
  3. Class Cardio Core Blast
  4. Type of Workout
  5. Core Included ? (yes or no)
  6. Barre Included ? (yes or no)
  7. Description of Class and Equipment Needed
  8. Length of Class in Minutes
  9. Have I Done This Class ? (if yes the column is marked with an X)
  10. Rotation ? (applies to the earlier classes that are included in the Live rotations - marked with an X if included in one of them)
Now I can already hear you telling me that this is way overkill and that you don't like to overthink your workouts LOL!!! But this is my OCD kicking in that has to have the complete set of info for each class. I took the original line up from one of the girls who kept a running list, and I modified it into excel as she had it in some other windows program that I didn't know how to use, and I included the extra info I wanted to have at my fingertips.

So far I have not yet repeated a workout although I am dying to repeat some. I should have added a column that listed whether the workout was a keeper to re-do or not. For example I hated-despised-loathed one of the mish mosh cardio workouts that was full of high impact and barely anything else.

I am trying to do several dvd workouts a week as well or else those are just wasted money sitting on my shelf. This morning was ICE Metabolic Total Body because I had not done it recently. For my dvd workouts I keep a six month graph so that I can see which workouts I haven't done and try to get them in at least once every six months.

I guess by now you are thinking I have way too much time on my hands but nothing could be further from the truth. What I am explaining here is very much like therapy for me, similar to an artist who paints or a person who likes to sew, knit, crochet etc. I am not much of a book reader other than health articles on line so this process keeps my mind stimulated when not at work.

Ok I'll quit here as I am sure I am beginning to sound like the lunatic that I am!

Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies.. I had a great day even though I had to work..

Today was Rock em sock em kickbox

Hi Ladies!!

Saturday was a beautiful day - 87 degrees and sunny. We ended up walking around the city for over 2 hours!

Sunday we were back in the high 50's so I was annoyed. I guess it was for the best since I had laundry and other errands to do. The car wash gets so busy this time of year. I go all year round but it seems once the nicer weather hits everyone goes!

Yesterday's workout was Cardio and Weights Live. I loved it - it was a tough metabolic workouts. Today was Long and Strong Legs which I also enjoyed. It was weights then a barre segment.

Cathe's May rotation looks really good, so I may give it a try and sub in Live workouts.

Good morning. We had a literal deluge here yesterday. So much rain, streets flooded, what a mess. The rest of the week is supposed to be only in the 50's with rain possible every day. Hard to believe it is May. Next week we will probably be in the 90's. One extreme to the other.

This morning was RWH HiiT Circuit Upper.

Shelley~ Weather is second only to taxes in NJ as to why I will eventually move. I can't stand cold, snow, ice and wait all year for it to get nice. Now it's May and still not nice. I need more months of weather that I enjoy.

Today was LI Sweat plus Icy Core #2. My quads are screaming this morning from the barre work yesterday!

Upper Body with Ball Live today. The core work on this one was very different. I really liked it - shocking I know another Live workout that I liked!
Tomorrow will be a rest day as I have a conference and will have no time to workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.