Xtrainers

Shelley ` The instructor of the Barre Amped workouts is Suzanne Bowen. I love her as a lead, but I don't love barre workouts as a general rule. It's OK as an add on to my other leg work but I don't like it alone. I don't have long lean muscles so I feel like these workouts do nothing for me. I have to try that Live workout.

I am still on the fence on the new Cathe workouts. I wish there were more clips and maybe there will be before the preorder ends.

Today was Yin Yoga Stretch. This is by far the best stretch workout I have ever done.

HI ladies..

Sorry to be missing!! I just don't get on the computer at home too much anymore. I workout when I get home and then clean kitchen, dinner and Chris' school work. Just a lot to do. I just plop on the bed and read for a little while.

I haven't been following a rotation. I just have been doing my own thing. A few days last week I ended up getting home too late to get to my workout with everything else. Weights tonight. I am thinking of doing Push pull. Haven't done that in a while.

I did end up buying the new workouts. I needed to buy another Flex Train workout when it got stuck in my DVD player and got all scratched and wouldn't play. So, I decided to get them. I am sure I won't be sorry.

Ok, talk to you all another time. I am hoping tomorrow.....

Kathy~ Please do not apologize for not getting on here. I honestly don't know how you do it. You are superwoman!
Today was a rest day. I am going to wait to see what Cathe posts for April and then decide what to start on Sunday. I may give one of the Live rotations a whirl.

Good to see you Kathy - glad you are still with us.

I would really love to stick to a rotation. Lisa let me know if you decide to do one, and which one it ends up to be.

I've been slacking the past two days because it's so busy at month end and family stuff going on.

I got my hair colored chocolate brown last night. Since then, every time I look in the mirror I don't recognize who is looking back at me!

I am going to order the new workouts because Amanda is in them. Or else I might have skipped. I do have the new tower so another good reason to get them.

I'll be doing a few workouts this weekend to catch up. Talk to you all again soon.

Hi everyone!

Kathy--Is Chris doing school through the summer months?

We've been trying to get Abby to take one class over the summer but she's not interested. LOL Next year she is taking two honors math classes along with everything else that's required.

Lisa---PLB is one of my favorite LB workouts. You can always count on feeling it the next day. :cool:

Do you have sight issues driving at night? I have astigmatism that makes it almost impossible to see while driving at night.

Is Margaret taking classes again this summer?

Shelley---Thanks from Laurie.

I'll bet your hair color is gorgeous!!

I hope everything is ok with your parents!

Cathe mentioned the new workouts would be available on demand. Do you girls that do the live workouts get the on demand too?

Still doing cardio and weights everyday. Actually took today off because I was feeling a little over trained. I did all body parts twice this week. My knees were killing me too....been running more on the treadmill. My form is probably all wrong or am in need of new shoes.

I can't believe tomorrow is the first of April.....yay summer is coming!!! :D

Happy Monday!

Shelley~ I am going to make up my own rotation this month using mostly the Live workouts. I want to start with the older ones I have not done yet. I am aiming for one total body, 2 legs and 3 cardio. That may change as I go along.

Susan~ Margaret has an internship this Summer at a local hospital so she will be home with us for June and July. She will go back to school early in the beginning of August to continue her research project at the medical campus.
I have terrible night vision. I really did not want to drive back from there in the dark but I had no choice.
I only have the Live workouts no on demand. I really do not feel like it is worth it since I own all the DVD's.

Hello to K and Kathy!

I have to tell you how much better I feel doing these Live workouts. The workouts are so much more varied than the DVD workouts in my opinion.

Sunday - Sweat Jump Pump live
Monday - RWH LI Hiit 1 &2

Hi ladies..

I think I am going to follow Cathe's April rotation. I love the variety. So tonight I will do the xtrain plyo hiit.

Susan: No. Chris doesn't do any school in the summer. We both need the break. We start up in August and finish around the middle of May.

Lisa: That is great about the summer internship. Lauren is going to do that here where I work. But, in marketing/communications. That is her major..

Gotta go

Kathy

Lisa---Very nice that Margaret will be doing an internship and be able to be home.

I'm trying to find a live workout similar to Low Max. Have you encountered one? I've been using heavy weight on the weight machine for my legs and they are getting quite muscular....not at all what I want. :(

Kathy---How nice that Lauren will be doing an internship this summer, too! It's so hard to believe that Lauren and Margaret are old enough for internships!!

Sat---45 min incline TM Ba & bis PM -- walked two miles
Sun---Chest - Tris + weighted abs PM--walked 2 miles & shoulders
Mon---45 min Weighted TM & Legs

K - do you enjoy the Live workouts as much as Shelley and I?
Today was Blast off Bootcamp Live. Not terribly hard but a good Friday workout.
We are driving down tomorrow to pick up Margaret as she is off the next week for Spring Break. I am excited to have her at home.

I do like most of the workouts. I decided to go for 1 year membership.
-Kiran

Happy 1st Day of Spring :D. We made it!

Saturday was a rest day. We picked up Margaret and went out to brunch. Yesterday was a facial and some shopping (of course).

Yesterdays workout was LI Sweat #1 and Ice Core #2 and today was RWH Chiseled LB. That one is rough for me.

Not sure if I can manage PUB this week as my elbow and shoulder are really tender with all this damp weather.

K - which LB live workout were you speaking of that is harder than the one I mentioned?
I meant UB express not LB ( blame it on fat fingers :) )

Hey all

I have been out of touch but I am back this week and next week we are driving to Chicago for spring break to visit my friend. She is on her 6th chemo this friday and 2 more to go.
Today I did Scrambled cardio and weights and a barre workout.
I am absolutely frustrated with my weight. it is not moving. uh!!
Shelley, I like the color of your hair. I am sure you look great.
Susan, how is your wrist ?
Lisa, How is Margaret enjoying her school ? Is she excited for her internship ?
Kathy, With you working how is home school ? DO you have to go through the lessons or is Chris in cyber school ?
Tomorrow is Orange theory.
-Kiran

Hey Kiran: It is a combination. I go over everything when I get home or on Saturday. And he has lectures online with the curriculum that we use. So, I do go through lessons with him and the discussion. But, he does his studying, essays, math work, and reading while I am at work.

Hi everyone.

I only have the LIVE program at $9.97/month. I didn't opt for on-demand since I own the dvd workouts that I like, and I sold the rest. I prefer this option of pretending I am in a class with the members who routinely are in these workouts. I just wish I knew their names so I could say good morning to them every day LOL!!!

Sunday was Fit Body Boot Camp #142
Monday was Upper Body Challenge w/Ball #136
This morning was a dvd-ICE Chiseled Lower Body, along with some of my own ab work.

Susan I sent you three or four recommendations for workouts that appear to be structured like Low Max, however I have not done my suggestions myself, as I am just not good at step combos.

I am up to having done 55 live workouts. I am skipping complex choreography, boxing, and heavy bag. I try to make sure I do each new week's newest workout then after that, I work my way back to ones I have missed. Some are just toooooo long to do on a workday morning.

I still think March was a great rotation and I am trying to loosely follow its structure but I need more upper body work. I am looking to replace my metal weights with neoprene ones but so far have not found any for my 15's, 20's, and 25's in neoprene. I don't have anything heavier than 25 and even those I only use as hand rests for pushups.

Hi all!! Nice to see you all here :).

Susan~ I have not done too many of the step Live workouts so I can't help you with a Lox Max suggestion. The Live Leg workouts are awesome. The moves are so varied and have really defined my legs in a short time frame. Margaret is a junior next year and will be applying to Med School. I can't believe it. Jacob should be done in January of 2018 as he was short a few classes to be done this May. He doesn't want to walk for graduation so I guess it doesn't matter.

K~ Margaret loves school but it is HARD. I worry about her all the time as she gets very little sleep. She said it's OK her body will be ready for residency lol. She is very excited about her internship. She will be shadowing doctors as they make rounds in all areas of medicine. This is what she has been looking forward to since so far its been just school work and labs.

Shelley~ March was a good rotation. I did 3 weeks of it last month with some Live workouts mixed in. Did you look at Jen's Live Rotation? It has a lot of UB work. I am trying to stay away from it more than once a week to baby my shoulder. I don't want to injury it again.

Kathy~ Does Lauren know what she wants to do when she graduates? Jacob major is Comp Sci so it will be something in that field.

I am going to order the new workouts. Why not? :D

Today was Muscle Max with Step Live. Another winner.

Hi ladies..

Yesterday I started the April rotation with RWH plyo hit one. Today is the 4DS Bootcamp...

Beautiful sunshine outside after starting out cloudy and rainy. We are suppose to get to 80 today. I sure hope so!!

Lisa: Lauren is interested in writing up media releases and website copy. Maybe newsletters. So, she is going to help out at my company in that department to see if she likes it and learn from those doing the job. The Marketing director said she would also be helping with Tradeshows. We go to a lot of those. Hopefully, this will help her focus on what she wants to do later. She really likes English and writing. So, this might be a good fit for her... I also order the new ones. Oh and I am in awe of Margaret. Being a doctor is so tough!! Good luck to her with her internship..

Talk to you later

Hi everyone!

K-----my thoughts are with your friend........how is she doing with her chemo?
Please be careful with starting to run again. Hoping the orthotic works well for you.
My wrist has ok days and bad days......bicep work and heavy back work always make for a bad day. I guess I really need to have a dr look at it. I dread drs....never want to hear anything bad but never want to waste their time with nothing either.:rolleyes:

Lisa---Thanks! I'll go back through and see which LB workouts you've been doing. I like definition, but not bulk!

Shelley---I will check to see what you've sent me, thanks!!
55 live workouts?? You are going through them quickly!! :cool::cool:

Kathy--Hi!

Checking in with spin workout and Back. I went back to dumbbells for my last weight workouts and was surprised at the DOMS I had.

Susan~ I hear you on the doctor visit as well. I really do not like any intervention unless I REALLY need it.

Today was Cardio Core Circuit live. LOVED it - five rounds of cardio followed my standing abs.

It is so dreary here and has been for days. I am looking for the sun!!

Today was Kickboxing with Compound Weights Live. Another winner.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.