Xtrainers

Definitely a good one Lisa.

This morning at the last moment I chose an old standby - Vol IV Time Crunch. I just don't know why but this workout is always so very intense and metabolic for me. I feel the sequence does me a lot of good and it has a great ab section.

Shelley, I am so close to Berwyn that I pass by it whenever I go to Orange theory.

I felt the older LB express live is much harder.
today it was RWLift it Hiit it Legs and UB Express ( the new one ) without the core
Wednesday : Quick boxing Hiit blast + core Live.
-Kiran

K - do you enjoy the Live workouts as much as Shelley and I?
Today was Blast off Bootcamp Live. Not terribly hard but a good Friday workout.
We are driving down tomorrow to pick up Margaret as she is off the next week for Spring Break. I am excited to have her at home.

Hi everyone

K---glad to hear you are getting better!!! Lots of hugs!!!

Still doing TM work and split weight work every day.

Checking in with 45 min weighted vest/incline TM + Legs +weighted abs
I've been doing my leg work on a weight machine and love it! It's so much easier to do squats without balancing a heavy bar on my shoulders. Leg extensions and curls, leg raises seem so much more effective on the machine, too. I've been able to use heavier weight and have had some major DOMS Doing my leg work this way.

Sounds like I need to revisit and focus on the Cathe Live workouts! :cool: I've been working out with Abby as she is doing another semester of homeschool PE. She likes to listen to music and talk so I've been doing my weight workouts from memory or from worksheets. :)

Happy 1st Day of Spring :D. We made it!

Saturday was a rest day. We picked up Margaret and went out to brunch. Yesterday was a facial and some shopping (of course).

Yesterdays workout was LI Sweat #1 and Ice Core #2 and today was RWH Chiseled LB. That one is rough for me.

Not sure if I can manage PUB this week as my elbow and shoulder are really tender with all this damp weather.

K - which LB live workout were you speaking of that is harder than the one I mentioned?

Hi everyone!

Each time a Live workout is mentioned I rush to my list and try my best to match up the one mentioned to the names on my listing to read about it and see if I've done it yet or not. I'm so obsessed!

Lisa you mentioned doing RWH Chiseled Lower - did you mean Ice Chiseled Lower or RWH Circuit Lower? From memory I recall Xtrain Cardio Leg Blast being one of the hardest dvd workouts for me.

Speaking of hard, on Saturday I did the Live #2 (I keep them all numbered on my list) which was called Step HiiT. It was one of the longer Live workouts at 66 minutes and I am trying to do these on weekends when I have more time and have had enough coffee and a light meal to see me through. During the week my workouts are at 6AM with only one cup of coffee in me.

There's another very long Live workout called All About Legs at 69 minutes. I'm sure it's a killer and will eventually get to it. To date I have now done 50 Live workouts. I will be skipping any that have complex choreography, or heavy bag boxing, and of course the senior class one.

So back to Saturday's Step HiiT - the first half is hiit and the cardio portion nearly took me out. I had to stop a few times and recover. I've really lost a lot of endurance over the years with my start/stop workout programs. Listen friends - don't let that happen to you as it gets tougher as we get older. So this cardio was hard for me and I will remember for when I try it again and see if it got any easier with my commitment to keeping up. The second half was upper body focused and my shoulders really took a beating. In this workout they really didn't have their filming up to par as the camera was angled strangely and I kept getting mixed up with the step work. It was only the second ever Live workout.

Sunday I did Cycle 1 which was a Live spin from August 28, 2014. It was 50 minutes and towards the end I was so ready to finish that I kept talking back to Cathe each time she layered on another drill. I really have to work on getting my cardio back up to par.

This morning I couldn't get up. I'm going through a phase right now where I can't sleep Sunday nights and can't get up Monday mornings.

Susan I bet it's a lot of fun working out with Abby!

Lisa glad you enjoyed Margaret's visit - of course you would!

Hello to everyone else :)

Shelley - I meant RWH Circuit. The ICS Chiseled LB is good as well, just not as hard. The ICE Chiseled UB is easy for me. I may do that this week. I did Cardio Leg Blast last week. I love that workout!

Susan~ That is so neat that you can homeschool for PE. Jacob did fine with PE but Margaret could not stand it. When she played softball or ran track should be get excused which she loved. Is Abby a junior this year?

Lisa I think this was the one I told you I didn't care for. Do you have a plan to go through all of the live workouts? Are there any you think you will skip over? I like previewing them on YouTube.

It's such a beautiful day here and I didn't work out this morning so I may walk in the sunshine after work. We dip back into the 20's for tomorrow's high temp.

Lisa----Abby is a freshman this year. I panic when I think that she only has 3 more years of high school. :(

Shelley---how is Gerry doing? My sister Laurie is having more issues with her back. She is afraid surgery may be in her future, too.

K-----Hi!!!!

Kathy---Hi!!!

Yesterday was 40 min speed TM + chest & back on the weight machine Today was GS sh, bis and tris with a finisher set for each on the machine. I did more leg presses, leg curls & raises today........I'm addicted to leg work for the first time in my life!!!:p:p:p

We saw Willie Nelson in concert on Saturday. WOW!!!! He did a super job! I am so impressed by these older artists that still perform!!! They truly are an inspiration to keep going regardless of your age.

Have a wonderful day!! :)

Shelley yes I am trying to make my way through all the live workouts. There really hasn't been one that I haven't enjoyed. I will most likely skip the workout that have a lot of heavy bag work because I really don't enjoy that.

Susan you have got to try the live leg workouts. They are amazing-so diverse from heavy weights,sliding,barre, floor work etc. It also seems like her live workouts have ab work that I haven't seen in the DVDs.

Today was strong upper body express live. It was a quick workout which is good for me at this point with my shoulder and elbow.

It is freezing here today only a high of 35 but Margaret and I are attempting to go into the city:eek:

Hello to K and Kathy. Has anyone heard from anyone else in the group?

It was too windy to walk last evening so I did Low Impact Cardio Hiit Live - it was challenging!

Lisa I also will skip heavy bag, along with complex choreography.

It's 22 degrees here today.

Susan please let Laurie know I feel badly for her! And don't let Abby grow up too quickly! I love hearing about the concerts you go to!!!

Susan-next year for Abby should not be that bad. Junior year is tough. SAT and getting ready for college applications. That was by far the must stressful time for the kids AND I.

Shelley-it's been really cold here as well. The past two days we have not hit over 35. The city was brutal yesterday.

Today was PLB.

Major DOMS from PLB :).

This morning was 2014 RT Step Live. I really did not care for this as it was all blasts.

I drove Margaret up to Binghamton NY yesterday to meet a few of her friends that go to school there and Cornell. It was a haul!

Happy Monday!

Shelley~ The ride to Binghamton took 2 and a half hours. It was rough driving back there in the dark by myself. It's just not that desolate anywhere in NJ. I am spoiled -we really don't drive far to do anything here. I was happy that Margaret got to see her friends.

I have not had a recovery week since the end of December, so I am taking one this week. It's going to be hard, but I have to force myself to rest sometime. I am going to do some light cardio and stretching.

Sat - rest
Sun - rest
Mon - KCM Quick Fix

Lisa who makes Barre Amped?

This morning was Circuit Sweat Live - probably my most challenging live workout thus far. Maybe because I attempted the cardio segments on a step with two risers which I typically cannot do. I don't know but I just seem to have suddenly lost so much endurance. There used to be a time when my Cathe workouts improved my endurance for jogging. I think I am going to start jogging again in an attempt to improve my endurance for the live workouts. This workout moved pretty quick.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.