XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Eva thatss great! So does TA use heavy weights? I was gonna get her dance one.. Wasnt sure if it work for me i love to dance, however i like verbal cueinng, also all i saw was skipping around back and forwards. Lol im like wonder if i can put on some tunes i like and skip lol. Let me know how uu like them. I did order les mils combat ! Im not gonna do it until i get finishhed here then i may do another rotation and add in that!. But first things first i guess.

Hi Renee,
Tracy Anderson does not use heavy weights. She is a person who espouses that women should not train with heavy weights because it makes them bulky. Her whole view on fitness is very different than Cathe's, that's for sure. You can do a search on Youtube to see what her workouts are like. They're mostly floor and barre work for legs, and her upper body workouts are using 3# weights, but you hold your arms up forever and make a variety of gestures with and without weights that build strength. She really gets an amazing fire going on upper body work.

I tried the dance workout a while ago and it was not for me. I, too, love to dance, and went through a period where I got so tired of regular workouts, I was only doing dance ones. Her dance workout is super duper high impact, and I just could not get in to it. I don't mind some high-impact obviously, but she jumps around like a bunny and it was agonizing for my feet. I could probably have a better workout now that I found these new sneakers, but the dances were kind of complex for me and I just did not get attached to it. Unfortunately its hard to find really challenging dance workouts. Collage has a lot of them, but they're not really that challenging, so they don't burn that many calories for me. But, I find them so much less tedious than the drill style workouts. I think that's why I like step, because it can be complex and fun, and it can burn a lot of calories...but I'd love to find another dance workout that was just as effective and had even more of a fun factor. That's a niche that I think remains unfilled.

Have you ever tried Zumba? I like the dance aspect and it's a good light day workout for me.

I think I'm going to get this, as it looks like old school dance-y aerobics and could be fun, Hi/Lo Recharge with Kristin Dowell.

Eva

Eva have u looked at cristy taylors new dance dvd? It has no cueiing eithher but it looked fun. I got a couple of her step to try, when i previewed it seemed really fun step great music but when i got it, it was well, hard for me to get the steps, and the music was not as loud as i thought i mean i barely could hear the music. It was a bummer because isnt that what makes it fun? Well imo it does.
But again on her new one the music sounds good and loud so maybe? I got burlisqe( spelling may be off), by someone name Sharon i thiink it is cute and fun but not a calorie burn either. :(

Hi guys...I haven't checked in in a while. I'm finishing week 4 tomorrow and can't wait to begin week 5 with the new workouts. I'm really amazed at the DOMS that I'm still feeling everywhere but severely in my hamstrings, calves and glutes :eek: I have never been this sore for this long. Anyhow....I've heard the talk of the "dread" factor. Gotta say...some days the only way I get myself to do the workout is to listen to Cathe's pep talk/info on the dvd before I get started. I tried my first 100 rep challenge of the hip thrusts using 20 lbs. total and managed to finish all 100 :D

I haven't lost any weight, but have noticed this week that my clothes are looser. So the weight should follow, right Seems everyone is using mfp to log food. I think I will try to be faithful to that as well. Problem is I work 3-11 pm and I don't tend to be home in time to finish logging my food prior to 12 am. But I will try. There support here is with you gals is amazing so I will plan to make time for these boards daily. I will!

Anyway, thanks for yours posts and support.

Vicky

Hi Vickie!
I love hearing about your DOMS, love that!
Im not as sore as i was but i am sore in different places it seems every three days lol. So i love hearing ur positive feed back two..that keeps me motivated!

hi everyone!

rest day here today, before i start week 5 tomorrow:). i am thinking of adding HS cardio to the burn sets CBS just to get more cardio in and since i am off from work. that is my plan, anyway!

renee-- that weather sounds wonderful! and your jog in the rain-- love it! i am in minneapolis and sometimes i wonder why:p i do love the city, but man, the weather here can be awful! it has been too cold to do anything outside, and then of course in the summer it can be so muggy and miserable. guess i complain a lot about the weather! i do love our falls and springs, though. i have a sister in la jolla-- wish i could be there!

eva-- you got in a great calorie burn! way to go!!

vicky-- good to see you on here and congrats on finishing out week 4! i am sore quite often, too-- my legs and butt sure are today:eek:. is that your cat in the picture! s/he is adorable!

okay, off to take the kids to their string lessons. enjoy your saturday everyone!

Hello ladies! I did 10 mile run this am with my buddies! It was beautiful weather here in central ca 45deg!
I am going to stick with the rotation but changing things up a little bit coz I love running & has to train for the race. Tomorrow is rest day then start 5th week I'm going to run 6miles instead of doing tabatacise next week.

Hi!
Well I haven't been on for a while and haven't worked out either:(
I must have overworked and I really hurt my back...tough to even walk. I think I'm going to go ahead and try get back into it. I miss the workouts!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hi!
Well I haven't been on for a while and haven't worked out either:(
I must have overworked and I really hurt my back...tough to even walk. I think I'm going to go ahead and try get back into it. I miss the workouts!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Awh im so so sorry that this happened, i will be praying for ur back!

hi ladies--

rest day here today and i did enjoy it, thanks renee! my legs are sore from yesterday-- especially my inner thighs and my glutes, too. i figured i would be sore after yesterday. starting week 5 tomorrow! yay!

buneknek-- i wish i had weather like you and renee! at least it wasn't as cold today-- think the high was around 12-- it almost felt like a heat wave after this past week! now we have snow, though. :rolleyes:

swimming3-- sorry about your back! my low back has been achey for about a week or so-- not sure what i did to it. some days it seems better and then the next day worse. hoping your's feels better asap so you can get back into things.

Greetings,
Swimming3, sorry about your back, that stinks! Hopefully laying low for a few days will equal a speedy recovery and you can get back on track soon. Maybe some more gentle workouts outside of Xtrain would be good until you really get back to 100%.

Katied, I hope you enjoyed your rest day! I am scheduled for one tomorrow but I think I'm going to do that Tracy Anderson workout.

I was scheduled for Cardio Legs today but did IMAX 3 instead. It was kind of rough going because I was not that motivated but I got through it and burned almost 600 calories. Today is my cheat day and I try to workout on Saturdays regardless, as I don't want to cheat *and* not workout on the same day.

I may try to add CBS express or something tomorrow because I missed that workout this week, but don't have 2 hours to workout tomorrow. I had mild DOMS in my lower body and my shoulders from the Tracy Anderson workout which was nice. I have not been getting lower body DOMS from Xtrain.

Raciela, way to go on the run today. The weather sounds lovely...not too cold but not too warm, those must be ideal conditions for a long run. :)

So, I am supposed to be heading in to week 5 next week, but I'm going to take an active recovery week and do some other workouts next week. I'm hoping a week off from XTrain will give ma renewed enthusiasm for the next four weeks...I'm planning to do Horizontal Conditioning 2x and Tracy Anderson 2x, and we'll see what else.

Vicky, congratulations on your results! That's awesome. I'll take loose clothing over the scale any day, as that is so much more reliable!! Your tip of listening to Cathe's intro is a good one. I wonder why the dread factor on these workouts is so high? I've never really heard that before. One reason I think it might be the case is that there is a lot of repetition in this rotation. Maybe that is what is causing it???

Renee, I have not checked out Christy Taylor but I will check her out. Thanks for the lead.

Take care,
Eva

Today was All Out HIIT and I got it done. Great job to everyone for working through, even if its other workouts. I'm glad life isn't too bearing to get in the way of working out! Awesome job everyone! Tomorrow is Hardstrikes. Hopefully I'll get it in between church, cleaning the house, and watching The Big Game! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

I have a question: if you miss a few days due to lack of time, what do you do? I should have finished week 4 today, but I missed Thursday-today. I know I could skip it and move on to week 5 or just do hard strikes tomorrow and keep going, but then I would feel like I was "behind". What do you all do when this happens? I'm also not doing it exactly. Every day/workout so far, I've been able to do some min. from the DVD scheduled, but I just didn't get it in the last 3 days.

Thanks!

Hi LadyLep,
If miss one day, I'll usually try to double up another day. I usually double up on Friday or Saturday, since I'm home those days. If that is not possible for some reason, then I may just pick up where I left off.

Congrats on your momentum with the rotation amcad! I really like All Out, that workout is a lot of fun.

Eva

I also have done what Eva said as well, like thursday i was supose to bis n tris, and fri tabatacise, well on friday i did both.. It wasnt hard at all because tabata was not long at all. I did it again, on week 3, it is usualy a weight dvd i double with cardio. But i try not to do it to often.

Amcad u r doing great as well! Aolih im still nott sure if i like it or what lol, it feels like one i need to do more often to like it. I dont like disk work so i skip it but i wish there was a premix of double step and one floor. It seems it has all premixes available but one with floor n step NOT disk. ??? Lol oh well so i fast foward tru the disk.

Today for me is supercuts so excited to try it. Yesterday was HS.

Last edited:
Happy Sunday Everyone,

Well I took and unscheduled rest day yesterday. I went shopping and spent time with my daughter and then visited with my Dad who is in a Rehab after his 2nd surgery related to his knee replacement. But that's ok, it was family time and I will do yesterdays scheduled workout - All Out Low Impact HIIT today instead and go from there.

Renee: Thanks, I feel the same way. Your postings are always upbeat and positive and help keep me on track.

Katied: I also feel that although the XTrain is leg intensive and therefore considered cardio... I need more traditional cardio. I've been adding 1/2 hour kickboxing to the strength days when I can. And yes, thanks, that is my cat, Thomas whom I love dearly :D

Swimming 3: So sorry to hear about your back. One thing I've learned from years of fitness is it's important to listen to your body. I hope your feeling better soon and back at it.

Buneknek: 10 miles... so impressed with your milage. The most I've run is 4 miles and that was on a treadmill. I spent much of last summer walking/jogging on a trail in a local park last summer and loved it! It's too cold for me now but I plan on getting back out there this summer.

Ladylep: I've had to double up also when I've missed workouts. I understand that you don't have time for all three workouts you missed but Cathe has included lots of premixes for days when your short on time. Maybe you could do a premix of 2 of the missed workouts. Or just sub a Tabata for a cardio workout or a 100 rep challenge for a strength. Then move on to the next week :)

Well off to church and the gotta get yesterdays workout in.

Have a great day everyone,
Vicky

Vickie
Do u feel the extra cardio is helping with weight loss? And do u do it on every weight training day? I ordred bb combat and thinking about adding one to weight day as well to get more cardio. I think thats is wonderful u went to see ur dad! And spent time with Dd. Hey i hope ur dad is going to be ok. I know he may not like being at rehab but im hoping he is liking it! You never know i think it is how they look at it.
Have fun with AOLIH. That always looks like aloha to me. Lol

Thank you so much for the encouraging words about my back. Thankfully it's much better today! It happened after I did Legs. I then added some squats at the end of the workout. I realize now that I'm just not stretching enough at the end of the workout. Super important, and sometimes I tend to skip it!

I'm going to restart week 4, then next week...it's 5! I'm really looking forward to that one because it has some more cardio. Way to go Buneknek on the running! I too miss the step part, so I'm going to do IMAX 2 (one of my fav) on the bi and tri days.

Even though the weight is the same, I am noticing a difference in my legs. Yeah! That's such a tough area for me to trim.

Everyone have a great Sunday!
So glad I'm on this forum and read what you've shared! :)
Eileen

Hi Everyone:)

well, today was burn sets chest, back and shoulders to which i added core 1, hardstrikes cardio and the 100 rep lateral raises. burned 830 calories, so that feels good! legs are still a little sore from friday's cardio leg blast and hip thrusts, which is on tap again for tomorrow:eek:. hopefully they feel better by tomorrow...

eileen-- so good to hear that your back is feeling better! stretching is so important! i am grateful i had a strict yoga routine before coming to cathe, because i think it saves me lots of times:). i am noticing my legs look more toned, too! yay!

vicky-- thomas is one cute cat!! glad you got to spend some time with your dad and your daughter. my dad is having knee surgery tomorrow, too! hoping all goes well.

renee-- hope you have fun with supercuts!

amcad-- sounds like you are busy today! good luck with getting it all done!

ladlylep-- i agree with everyone else. i think you can double up some days if you want-- just keep plugging along:D

eva-- i hear you with working out more on the *cheat* days! i am that way as well-- and for me that tends to be on the weekends. hope you get a good active recovery week in and feel pumped for more xtrain when you get back!:)

off to see my mom at the nursing home before coming back home to clean and make a big pot of soup. hope everyone has a great sunday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.