Who Cares? August

Murphy the spirit of Tabata is go all out but brief rest in between. Why the workout includes that step blast idk and my go all out looks puny fyi. Lisa I had so many apps going audio book pod casts etc plus wasn't sure how far I was gonna go. Turned out to be long lol. Geesh i was so tired as I got to the end that I almost got off my bike and walked it I can't imagine going uphill at that time you are a beast. Today I did S&S total body giant sets A Jody version that came in at 30 minutes

Last edited:
Hello! I'm back! Everyone is back at school and life should morph back to somewhat normal? Everyone seems busy here, I will have to catch up. I did keep my workouts up. New semester started today for me. Just got back from Boston Saturday night, now m behind on everything else! I should have more time tomorrow. I hope everyone is well! Mary

Hi fit babes! I didn't get an email notification that someone posted here after I did so I didn't check. Silly me! You've been busy here!

Ronne, how do you decide what workouts to do if you don't follow a rotation? I wing it sometimes and I also do the rotations my way, not always Cathe's way. I hope everything turned out well on DD's exams!!

Glad you saw the eclipse Murphy and got your workouts in to make you feel better! I get cranky if I go too long without a workout. I'm sorry you feel uncoordinated on step workouts. Not all of Cathe's are challenging in the choreography Dept.

Lisa, the traffic from WY for the eclipse sounds insane! The next one is in 5 years or something in Dallas. DH and I may fly in to our BIL's place, haha!

Gotta go take BB out for a run, I'll write more when I get back.

Oy! Hot and humid out. BB got to see his girlfriend Ellie so that was a bonus!

Continuing from where I left off--Lisa, I'm glad your neck care is paying off and headache hill didn't bring one on! I think you are in fantastic shape and you earned that good rest. I've been dealing with a stiff neck but seeing a D.C. and massage therapist (once a month for each) has really helped. I managed to wrench my shoulder-yet another old football injury-pulling weeds of all things! Granted, they were big weeds but still...I iced it, slept with my arm propped up and it has calmed down. Whew!

Jody, you crack me up! I've never been video background material! I'm so sorry DD didn't get any eclipse glasses! They ran out here too or I would have sent her a pair. So her roomies aren't students? How does that happen? I like how you do the Tabata workout, I will try that next time.

Roxie, I'm sorry about the neighbor's &%(#! dog! Can you complain to the neighbor and/or landlord?

Glad to see you Mary! And doing your workouts while you are with the kiddos? You rock!

Oh! I just saw that I am supposed to do Tabatacise this week. Whaddya know? I have some time to psych myself up for that one 'cause it has a teensy weensy dread factor for me. Just kidding! It has a big dread factor for me!

One of these days, I'm going to do a week of Cathe boot camp workouts. I think she's made at least 5 of them!

Here's to a great week for everyone! Tracy

Hi everyone

Busy around here! See if I can remember...

Tracy - I used to do rotations a bit more in the past but now I don't want to work out six times a week and a lot of the workouts are longer than I want to do. But I do sort of follow the idea of rotations by doing UB weights, LB work and cardio every week. I try to make sure I do a bit of everything. I also sometimes do the rotations for new series as well.

Mary - good to see you back. How you've managed to fit in workouts with visiting places?

Jody - Well done on the workouts specially with the OT. How strange that DD's room mates should not be at uni. Is that normal? Do students generally have to go and find their own accommodation or does the uni sort it out for them? Here, usually students are in uni-provided accommodation for the first year and then have to sort themselves out after. My friend's daughter is going back next week and she's renting a flat with four friends.

Murphy - well done for the getting the workout in. It's even harder when you're tired!

Lisa - those 9 or 10 hours of sleep sound wonderful!

Been busy here. Bank holiday weekend so we were all off for a few days. DD did really well at her exams, she had one slight disappointment in one of the subjects she is carrying on with but overall she did even better than expected. Really proud of her, she worked very hard and it was a stressful time. I took her out for lunch on Thursday (her favourite burger place) then we all went out to eat on Friday night.
Sunday we went to a music festival for the day. It was really sunny and hot so absolutely perfect weather. Saw some good bands (it's only a small local festival so no-one really famous) and had some nice food.
We're getting a last little burst of summer which is great but I haven't been sleeping well. Cut my cardio short today because I just didn't feel like I could carry on. Had some lunch then went and slept for an hour. Feel a bit more alert now.

Hello! I'm going to try and catch up!

Ronne, congrats to DD! That sounds stressful for her. I'm glad it's over and done with. Music festival sounds great. DD and I went to see Bruno Mars before she left for school, so much fun!

Tracey, we got to see some of the eclipse here, we went to the zoo that day, so many people shared their glasses, it was an amazing sight. In 4 years we are supposed to get one right over in Ohio. I will buy glasses for that one.

Lisa, I would imagine biking up those hills is tremendously difficult. You have to have quite a bit of lower body strength and a huge lung capacity! You deserve a rest!

Roxie, maybe the dog could use a little Benadryl?

Jody, a Jody version! Hahaha! You always make me smile!

Murphy, are your kids back in school? I'm enjoying quiet in the house right now and I love it!

I did a YouTube workout today, so humid, I'm a mess. Better get to the shower, good day to all! Mary

Crossfire (Jody version of course) done today, lotta tabata and hiit in that one. I'm working 5 of the next 6 days, prob see all early Sept! Did everyone have school off for the eclipse? They did down here, they didn't want the liability of people trying to watch it. Lawn crews were off, too. Mary, enjoy that quiet! I better get with the streaming program, my mini dvd player broke again. Ronne, many congrats to DD! : D. Carly is staying at an apt complex that offers 3/3 with individual leases and studios as well as 2/2. Its geared toward students but not exclusive to students. One girl is a vet tech and another is a nurses assistant, both young. They did a room mate matching and that is how it ended up. I hope she finds something she prefers. Also, it sounds like you had a really nice weekend.. Lisa that is fun idea about the boot camp rotation. I like cathe's metabolic workouts. Hi everyone else, have a nice Labor Day weekend if I don't see you til after though I should do something on Friday. Nite all.

Hi all! Today did a Cathe live, step hit and upper body. Little brutal on the shoulders! Jody, take it easy at work, that's a lot on your feet! Hope everyone is well! Will talk to you later! Mary

Hello

Mary - sounds like a good workout. One day I will get to Cathe live!

Jody - Thanks! Sounds like you're going to be busy. That's a nice set up for DD, maybe she'll warm to her new friends!

Got a much better night's sleep last night so I tackled S&S TBGS and felt good. Been tooling around a bit at work today, not super focused. Oh well! BTW, has anyone preordered Fit Split? (Not you Lisa, of course.) I'm still on the fence.

Hi all! Yesterday did a ride with DH, felt quite accomplished since I started out tired! Today we rode toward mountains and did some single tracks (see pic). It was quite a ride, DH is spent after trying to pump up tire with little travel pump, still leaked , used CO2 and that did the trick, not worth pumping effort! So glad we have tubeless tires or we'd have been out there changing the tire! As it is, just add air, sealant swirls around and seals the little puncture. We should have used the CO2 cartridge from the start because we think the sealant needed a lot of pressure to seal. Another lesson learned, but it could have been worse! Ronne, why haven't you been sleeping well? Fresh air seems to make me sleep so good. Congrats to DD! Lol about me not buying the next cathe workouts! Thanks for not kicking me out of the group! Jody, we were lucky, my boys had made buddies with their freshman dorm people and rented apartments following years with them. Maybe boys are easier? If so, that must be the reason I had boys! Murphy, how are you? Can't remember what you wrote 5 min later and it's not on the current page! Tracey, I hope to never lose my massage therapist, she makes house calls just to me and a friend, off the boooks, ssssh! Mary, I do feel quit accomplished until I look at other rider stats! Of course I'm not filtering by age, I'm just happy to get out! Foot flares up from time to time so still being careful with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pic since I couldn't figure out how to attach and didn't want to lose my post!
164ffab15e6f1e85abf1ea457677ff10.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi all! Another Cathe live, kick box boot camp. Lisa, so stunningly beautiful where you live! I can see why you want to be out there! Ronne, I pre-ordered, I don't like being left out of the loop! Grown up peer pressure! How is everyone else? Roxie, are you going to be getting Harvey's rain? I hope it's not too heavy if you do. Looks so unbearable down there. My heart goes out to all those people. Not much else here. Talk to you tomorrow! Mary

Hello

Great pic, Lisa, it looks lovely. I can see why you love cycling so much with views like that.

Mary - I caved! I just preordered and stuck Great Glutes on there to get free shipping. I asked DH what I should do last night and he said order it but don't moan when you have to pay the tax!!

No workout today, was out most of the day at a meeting and tonight I'm meeting a friend for dinner.

Hi all! Another Cathe live, kick box boot camp. Lisa, so stunningly beautiful where you live! I can see why you want to be out there! Ronne, I pre-ordered, I don't like being left out of the loop! Grown up peer pressure! How is everyone else? Roxie, are you going to be getting Harvey's rain? I hope it's not too heavy if you do. Looks so unbearable down there. My heart goes out to all those people. Not much else here. Talk to you tomorrow! Mary

Mary-nomrain in the forecast for the weekend suppose to be in the 90's

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.