Who Cares? August

c4109005e1b0236de60056f11d322076.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Soooo, we are half way thru Aug and I just figured out there is a new thread since I was last here in July! My computer kept crashing (finally figured out why and fixed today). I picked up Carly/ gave her her car in Orlando and combo'd that with a trip to Daytona to see my Dad. Worked a few shifts then headed to OH w/ my mom and got back last night. Knee is still a problem, I'll have to have it looked at soon. Ohio was pretty good! Travel w/ mom was OK, if not exactly smooth but no major glitches- she did well despite delays and switches. We had an 80th celebration for her while there and my bro came in from DC. I sneaked out and did a walk at metro park, rented a bike and did the 7 miles on the Erie canal tow path and a quick walk at Ledges in Cuyahoga Valley Natl Park plus my cousin and I hit Cedar Point just us girls and rode roller coasters all day long. I stayed pretty busy from ding to dong and it felt like a vacation (not a care taker's chore). Mary, I was going to hit you up on Sat morning if I thought I could commit to a coffee or tea, but it was steady busy plus figured you were soaking up the kiddos. LOL, my life will be a little bit calmer when Carly heads back w/ her cat we've been watching. I'll miss her. Also I'm a little worried, her new roomies won't be UF students. I think she will benefit from being paired w/ serious students but who knows how it goes. Well, there's my book! I enjoyed perusing the thread its nice to see everyone! I'll throw some personals out next time I come back w/ a workout. OH and GO ME I stayed KETO while visiting family and abstained from sugar all simple carbs. : )

30 min upper body and cardio hit done, first video workout in a while! Tigger your hubs is cute, did you guys put a lock up as well? Do you like to golf? PGA Natl is down the street from me. Mary, nice weather up there this week! I took my shoes off and walked around in the grass, even lay in it and got some sun. Lisa, lol, you are avg bike owner! I hope the ebikes find a good home and you get something good for them. Ronne, my friend also loved CR and wants to go back w/ her son next summer, hopefully in a volunteer capacity and stay for awhile. Roxie, sounds good on the family and job front! Murphy wtg on the workouts. Off to doctor w/ my mom. She is doing better and thyroid levels are improved. I'll prob rent an suv to help move dd back to uni tomorrow. Save my little corolla from taking a hit on miles.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LISA

Last edited:
Thanks for the birthday wishes! I was out on the bike, my neighbor didn't like the idea of cycling my (our) age, 53, so we did 35 and I'm tired today, total rest day. Tomorrow is going to be short bike ride then a hike with bff. Another reason to rest up! Tracy, view looks gorgeous, I love water pics other than the beach, I think I just had enough beach in my youth, and I have the skin cancer to match. Jody, take it easy with the knee! Did I say to check seat height on bike too? I had my fitting and I needed mine higher, of course I had it low because of handlebars, so I raised it about an inch, they wanted me to raise another inch! Anyway too low hurts knees, which I knew , and is why I prefer lower gear, higher cadence. Waves to everyone else!

I'm back from dropping dd at Uni - she's got a new place and new batch of roomies God Bless 'em and Good LUCK! : D I hope all our students on the group have a successful upcoming academic cycle! As for me right now....it's quiet....ahh. I am having ongoing computer trouble though, I thought I had it fixed by getting rid of some extensions on Chrome and also reinstalling, but every time I open that browser the computer hangs up. Annoying cuz that is where all my bookmarks are, etc and my preferred browser but anyway-
Lisa are you hiking a 14teener or similar? Have fun and as always, envy. Yes I raised the seat on bike as you suggested.
Mary, we practically passed each other at Cedar Point!
Waves to the rest! Its feast or famine w/ me- I'm either MIA or hogging the thread! : D
OH PS, I did a 30 min workout the other day, walking then jog w/ sprints followed that up w/ pushups, dips and planks. Knee didn't feel much worse w/ activity. Doc visit next Monday.

Hi all. Sorry to have been away so long. I can really only type at work and either the boss is walking around or they are making me work - the nerve! ;-) I have been doing well with the rotation. I did substitute some dvd's and some moves. My knee has been bothering me. I have been trying to focus on low impact or adding more time in between high impact dvd's.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Hi everyone

I seem to have trouble getting here at the moment, I keep getting distracted by other stuff!

Murphy - you're not the only one going missing!

Jody - hope DD enjoys being back. They start so early! Ours don't go till mid-September. Computers ;#'&*()^$&$^&!!! When they work they're great but when they don't they make you tear your hair out. How's the planning going for your trip over here in October?

Lisa - hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Tracy - sounds like you've been having a nice time. Well done on the workouts. Love the photo. I must admit those lock things annoy me. We were on a hanging bridge in the middle of the Costa Rican cloudforest and there were two on there. I felt like shouting!

Been keeping up with the workouts if not the posting! Going back to heavier weights to mix things up a bit and some older workouts: PLB, LIC cardio only, also RUUB.
DH and I are out for dinner and drinks tonight. It's DD's last night away so we're making the most of it.

Hi all! Sorry to be gone so long, just with the kids! Have been working out. We move DD into her apartment tomorrow, then DS comes home from Chicago for a week before going back to Boston.

Jody, I'm sorry we missed each other! We could have ridden the Top Thrill Dragster together!

Tracey, such a beautiful site! Your DH too!

Lisa, did you get good birthday presents???

Murphy, bosses!

Roxie, did you get a new job? Sorry if I missed it?

Ronne, have fun on your date!

Hopefully after next week things will get back to "normal "! Hope everyone is well! Mary

Good Morning,

Not much working out going on here just not in the mood.

Mary-I didn't get that job but applied for another one yesterday and there are four more I need to apply for but everything has to be done on a website called indeed.

Hi fit babes! I'm sorry I missed your birthday Lisa, happy belated birthday! Hope you got good stuff like Mary said.

Thank you for your kind words about the photo! We didn't put a lock on. There is a sign there that says they may be cut off at any time. And 2 years ago, they were!

Good going on your eating while you were away Jody! I've taken some extra days off this week and can't say I've done too well in that Dept.!

Lisa, I'm with your neighbor on riding your age backwards, and even then, I don't think I could do it without a ton of rest breaks!

I hope you had a great night out Ronne! Schools start in the U.S. at all different times it seems. I know of one school in California (not a university) that started today!

Hi Murphy! It's too hard for me to post at work so good for you that you can sneak it in! Were you able to see the eclipse?

Roxie, good luck on your job apps! I've never heard of a site called Indeed but I am completely out of the loop on the private sector job hunting. If I ever leave the government sector, I'm going to ask you for some help!

I did the first week of the August rotation last week and I think it was cruel of Cathe to put plyo workouts with Leaner Legs and Muscle Max in the same week. :eek: DH and I took yesterday and today off and I have done no workouts at all! I'm trying to get motivated to do one today. It's not yet 3 p.m. so there's still hope for me! We headed south on Sunday to enjoy 99.6% of the eclipse and it was pretty cool! I did realize though that there is a huge difference from what I saw and what I would have seen with totality. But Our temps dropped considerably and the street lights came on and the moon passed the sun in a direction that was completely different from what we know. Glad I was there. Then we checked the traffic report a short time after that and had to take off in a hurry to stay ahead of the rush!

Hope you all have a nice, sunny week with mild temps! Tracy

Hello

Tracy - Sounds like a tough rotation. I don't think I can manage that sort of thing anymore! The eclipse sounds fun. We had a partial one here a couple of years ago and that was weird enough.

Hi to everyone else, keeping busy and enjoying August.
I've been keeping up with the workouts, X10 Step today (that's a tough little one, jumps up and bites you in the bum!), ICE TTM yesterday, I did the abs mixed in premix which was really good, and Xtrain Bis & Tris on Monday. Going back to heavier weights is working out well for me.
DD gets her exam results tomorrow morning. Eeeeek!

HI all. Sorry that I have not been around. I have been keeping up with the August rotation, surprisingly. I didn't work out yesterday morning (like I usually do) and felt bad about it. After work, I came home and found that DD did not prepare the dinner that I had defrosted - all he had to do was heat it up and throw some gravy on it. WTH!? So, I told him I was going to work out and what to do for dinner. He got it done - close to 7:30 pm, but it was done. I was just happy I got the workout it.

Tracy - the rotation does have some "interesting" combo's/sequencing. Yes, I did see the eclipse. It was really cool. Almost everyone from work was outside.
Roxie - I hope things come together soon on the job front. It can be stressful.
Ronne - I don't think I have every done X10 step. I usually try to avoid step workouts. I lack coordination. It's really a shame.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Not much new here, that I can remember! Hike was good, foot did good and it was quite a big hike! Riding lots, especially Monday, I almost cycled my backward age again just because it was such a beautiful day! Heading to mountains tomorrow to ride the bike path up to vail. Tracy, eclipse was 93% here, those that went to Wyoming had a 14 hr drive back with all the traffic (3 hrs is normal). Murphy, work keeps you from Posting! For me, I'm trying to incorporate good neck practices again. Had massage yesterday, still tighter than normal, going to take a while to undo all the neck strain from over exertion. I did manage to ride up headache hill with no ill effects. Mary, kids back to school? Ronne, I think I've moved on from cathe. I did look at similar ride from a year ago on electric bike and one today on regular bike, wow, the improvement! I thought I was in shape with cathe, now ? Maybe a different kind of 'in shape?'

Good Morning,

I haven't been very good at working out just to stressed. I have applied at a couple of jobs but no response, now we have new neighbors with a dog that won't shut up. Cathe Strong and Sweaty Bootcamp TS #2 rounds 1-4.

Did tabatacise today, rounds 1 and 2 and abs. Maybe next time I will do 3 rounds. ???? We'll see. :)

Roxie - so sorry to hear about the stress and the dog. I hope things turn around soon.
Lisa - 14 hours? That is crazy.

Waves to all.
Murphy

Hi all! I did FT Bootcamp today. There is a FT, SnS, RWH rotation I might follow, however loosely. I've gotten some OT lately- 3 on, 1 off, 3 on. I'm kinda pooped!
Lisa, I agree, you sound like you are in better shape than ever...relaxed, enjoying your rides, etc. I think our road trip may have been my last hurrah as far as peaking on Cathe, not that I'm not interested in continuing, just that I'm not likely to be video background girl anytime soon, ha ha.
Murphy, sounds like a good quick effective workout, one I would enjoy.
Roxie, sorry about the dog noise. I like the SnS series.
Ronne, how did DD do on her exams, will she be able to pursue the things she's planned? I'm guessing the answer is fantastic and Yes! Good job on the heavy weights. Still going ok?
Tracy, good job beating traffic home from viewing eclipse. My dd tried hard to find some eclipse glasses but was thwarted at every turn. I felt so bad for her. She's such a cutie and a sweetie. She stood in line for over an hour at the science museum and they ran out prior to getting to her. Seriously, the kid was wearing a glow in the dark constellation dress- I feel like that was unjust! Also, yes, Cathe is mean sometimes. : )
Mary, how's end of summer treating you? DD know her roomies? She was dorm last year? I hope all goes well. Mine moved in last week. Hates view, finds new roomies cloying. Also, they aren't even students? I hope she finds a new groove soon.
Take care all, have a fit weekend.
ETA Tabatascise on Sat eve after a partial shift at work. Sets 1-3 sans the blast/rests and about 5 min of the abs. I remembered why I don't use that one I feel like it misses the point b/c the step blast rests provide no rest. I just skipped those chapters and went all out on the tabatas.

Last edited:
My work out today as seen from my fitbit app. The top one was return trip on bike against the wind, exact same route as the bottom one that appeared to burn nearly 200 cal less and took about 10 min less to do. The walk in the middle was at the beach.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170827-151723.png
    Screenshot_20170827-151723.png
    176.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi all, rest day, I was so tired I've been sleeping 9 to 10 hrs a night! Maybe the bike ride in the mountains wore me out? So proud I got to the top of vail pass! Then more riding on sat and Sunday. Jody, head winds make you work a lot harder! Try them with a hill ;) looks like you gave up on the strava app? Good calorie burn!

Did the stationery bike today. Had a bad night last night but felt the need to do something.

Jody - all out on the tabata's - wow! Good going.
Lisa - sounds like you needed the rest.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.