Who Cares? August

Murphy

Cathlete
Hi all. I did not see an August thread so started one. Did a Cardio Core Circuit premix, a blast from the past. Now I remember why I stopped doing it - but there are still some fun moves. I will have to work back up to this one. :)

Waves to all.
Murphy

Hello

Thanks for getting us started, Murphy. CCC is one I very rarely pull out so well done!

We got back from CR on Sunday morning. I'm still working my way through piles of washing! Had a fab time. We saw so much wildlife, the country is beautiful. People were great, really friendly and welcoming. We ate really well (even veggie). We had all kinds of weather, high twenties, 90% humidity, massive thunderstorms (including one overnight that literally made me jump in bed as the thunder broke right over our heads), lightning out at sea. I went ziplining! Never thought I'd do that. It was fun but I won't be doing it again. Also went horse riding for the first time ever and really enjoyed it. DD and I want to try it here as we're hooked. Lots of walking. For the first time ever, I've come back off holiday no fatter than when I went and even a bit fitter! We didn't do long walks but with the ups and downs and heat and humidity, they were very demanding. I've got thighs of steel!

Lol Ronne time for you to come out here with our ups and downs! No thunderstorms, go to Jody for that. Zip lining is a fun thing but agree once is enough.

Jody, did you have weather from the hurricane?

Murphy, wow, CCC is not one to take lightly.

Just cycling here, lots of elevation, or ups and downs as ronne puts it. I'm feeling better, back on my regular BP meds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello

Lisa - glad you got your medication sorted out.

Not much to report here - lots of work. Did a Patrick Goudeau yesterday, it was fun but I think it's time to get rid of it. Nothing today, I've got a few aches and pains so giving myself a break.

Hi all! Quick hello! Ronne, so glad you loved it! Sounds amazing! Lisa, glad you're feeling better! Murphy, that's a tough one! I avoid it! Jody, you are reunited! So beautiful. Like her mom! Hello to Roxie and Tracey! DS is home, I'm enjoying the time because I know it will flee swiftly, I might not be around much, I am working out tho! Mary

Hi all. Did a plyo hit from RWH. Oddly it seemed harder than I remember. Maybe I am just getting older/more out of shape than I remember. Plus, my knee was hurting - old football injury! :) I am going to try the August rotation, I may swap-out some of the videos but I will try to keep the same theme.

Waves to all.
Murphy

Checking in on a rest day, probably rest tomorrow too since neighbor ride is canceled, saving up my legs for riding with dh this weekend. It's so cool here so took a long walk. Murphy, you're really hitting the workouts! Mary, enjoy them because too soon they'll be living their life dream. I'm feeling melancholy since DH is out of town. Ronne, if you didn't have aches and pains I'd worry more...lol.

Coloring my hair today then having my sis over with her, cough, 5 dogs to run around in the backyard with suki since it's a nice cool day into evening. Her dogs aren't allowed in my house for very long because they aren't house trained, ugh!

It's noon and it's still 59 degrees! Oh and Jody, I have 4 bikes, DH 3, the average for someone in Boulder is 4, so I'm average! Although we have listed the ebikes on Craigslist, no bites, oh well.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone

Mary - enjoy your time with DS.

Murphy - Plyo Hiits are difficult, I don't think you're misremembering!

Lisa - 4 bikes! We have one between the three of us now! Glad to hear you're taking a rest as well.

Yoga for me today, but a more challenging one with an attempted handstand. No great plans this weekend, lots of ironing to do!

Hi fit babes! I'm sorry I've been MIA, I've been outdoors until dark these days, then I run amok getting ready for the next day and collapse into bed. We've almost hit a record of days with no rain! I went back to July to catch up with everyone so I apologize if I bring something up that you are long over with!

Jody, I've never gotten the downloads of Cathe's workouts so I don't know how to make my own premixes. Plus, I'm not good at making up my own stuff--I like that Cathe does it form me! I have a stiff knee too. My foam roller works well for it but do I do it on a regular basis? No, no I don't. And yes, the water here at the beach is too cold for snorkeling! Or getting in without a wetsuit! What fasting plan are you on? It sounds similar to what happens with a low carb eating plan. I got on the metal monster (scale) last week and was pretty unhappy! No more celebrating for no reason for me!

Hi Roxie, I'm sorry for your crazy hot weather! Hope it's cooled down for you.

Lisa, that was one SCARY headache and I'm glad you sought treatment for it! I am glad you are OK too! I didn't realize that BP can cause headaches so much. And that the medication regime is an art as well as a science! I am headache prone but I think that's from stress and the good ole' aches and pains of my current daily youth! Thank you for posting videos of your rides! Now I can picture you in your climate after you write about them! Loved Suki's ride too and her sharp eye on the bunny! I like what you said about being smart these days, and I took your advice before I read it. Today was the outdoor stair climb and I didn't go. I been practicing and everything but we have poor air quality from Canada's fires. I had headaches all week from it and since the air wasn't going to get better, I bowed out. I don't know what the after affects could be (a lot of coughing perhaps?) but I didn't want to find out. Loved that you and DH bought some bikes but didn't know what bikes! Hope all went well with your sister and her untrained dogs--yikes!

Mary, you did not seem crabby in your post at all! I hope you are feeling better, And enjoying your time with DS.

Good to see you Murphy! I'll take a look at the August rotation and maybe join you--late of course! I'm sorry you have an old football knee injury like Jody and I do, I hopes it's behaving better for you! And great job on Cardio Core Circuit! I did not bother working up to that one--I flat out gave up on it and removed it from my video libary.

Ronne, glad you had a wonderful time in CR and came back just as slim and fit as when you left--if not more so! Interesting you had such a variety of weather too. I may need to borrow your thighs of steal sometime if that's OK. ;)

I have been working out--following the July rotation but completely out of order on the weeks. Just due to my schedule. Went out of town for a few days with DH and my dad (we had fun) and was out of the office a couple of days last week for work.

Does anyone here live near where the eclipse is going to occur on Aug.21? It's going to occur a few hours south of me but we're planning to go to a friend's house that will get 99.6% of it. The predictions for traffic sound horrendous though. I may be getting up and 3 a.m. to head down!

Have a great week sweet babes! Tracy

Hi ladies

Tracy - good to see you. Sounds like you've been having a busy fun time. I think you made the right decision about the stair climb. Being sensible is the group motto! I've never done the downloads either, I've just got one of the STS ones for some reason. I'm not set up to have them on my TV so probably won't be doing it for a while. Having said that, last time I got DVDs I got hit with some big customs charges so I might go downloads next time. I'd miss the premixes though. They're what I use the most.

The three of us went to see The Big Sick yesterday. We all really enjoyed it. Also got a workout in yesterday (Xtrain CBS, premix with core), walked to and from the cinema as well, so got plenty of exercise in.
Today did Amy Bento Legs and S&S abs.

Hi all. Today I did a low impact plyo or something from RWH. It wasn't too bad but I did substitute some things.

Ronne - I have some Amy Bento's but I cannot find them. I wonder if I gave them away or traded them in or something. ????
Lisa - DH would love to have more than one bike but I keep he really cannot justify the purchase. We don't ride enough or ride on various types of terrain.
Tigger - I too am hoping to get a view of the eclipse. I am on the east cost and am not sure if I will have any luck.
Mary - DS still visiting?
Jody - I have never done the downloads either. I am so not computer savvy. I have some from a thousand years ago when they first did it. Ask me how to find them on the computer...
Roxie - did you move or planning to move or etc.? How is it/did it go?

Hi-fives to all.

Murphy

Hi all. Today I did a low impact plyo or something from RWH. It wasn't too bad but I did substitute some things.

Ronne - I have some Amy Bento's but I cannot find them. I wonder if I gave them away or traded them in or something. ????
Lisa - DH would love to have more than one bike but I keep he really cannot justify the purchase. We don't ride enough or ride on various types of terrain.
Tigger - I too am hoping to get a view of the eclipse. I am on the east cost and am not sure if I will have any luck.
Mary - DS still visiting?
Jody - I have never done the downloads either. I am so not computer savvy. I have some from a thousand years ago when they first did it. Ask me how to find them on the computer...
Roxie - did you move or planning to move or etc.? How is it/did it go?

Hi-fives to all.

Murphy

Murphy-we moved the first of June and we get to see our kids an grandsons a lot oldest DD an her family come over every Tuesday for tacos. Youngest DD an I work in the same store.

Hello

Murphy - well done on the workout.

Roxie - how nice for you to be closer to family.

Did ICE Rock'em plus the BB, I was wiped out by the end. I haven't done 60 mins of cardio for ages.
Weather has turned here. I think summer's over! It's rained all day and been completely grey. Glum!

Tracy, I think we had your rain! We've been very soggy, rain all day yesterday and cloudy since Saturday! Not very Colorado at all! Glad you enjoyed the video! I guess Wyoming is in the total eclipse path for us, it's crazy what those towns that's in the path is charging!
Ronne, glum here too, not a normal august!
Tracy, good to skip with so much smoke in the air!
Murphy, you have to be avid cyclist to acquire more than one bike. I almost did cathe cardio yesterday since my foot/ankle seems to be 96% healed now, but I wanted to save my energy for bike riding! Suki just loves riding!
Mary, is school starting?
Yesterday was rest day since we had rain all day long. Today a bike ride on pavement since trails are muddy. Can I say I'm in bike love with my new bike?! 1300 ft climbing didn't feel like it! Also took my old bike with newer raised handlebars out to try it, oh so comfie! Saturday I get my customized bike fitting, so here's to no more pain or headaches on bike!

Hello

Lisa - I can't believe you were considering doing Cathe cardio! Glad you're loving the new bike. I think you love them almost as much as dogs!

Couple of quieter work days allowing me to get longer workouts in: did Xtrain Bis & Tris yesterday and an hour of yoga today.
We went to see the latest Planet of the Apes film on Tuesday. It was really disappointing. We'd seen the previous two and really enjoyed them but this was a bit of a mess.

I've been out riding, twice yesterday! DH and I can so the hills so much easier with the new bikes! It has opened up even more trails for us! I thought the mountains were extra beautiful today! We did have to slow down at one point because 3 coyotes were strolling down the sidewalk. Not scared at all to run into the bushes! And so many people with their dogs and some not on leashes, coyotes like to entice those to chase them. Of course we didn't have the go pro, boo!

ecd2e11ebd54ebcf09a04693edf23c34.jpg

Hi fit babes! I'm sorry summer may be over for you Ronne and we sent our rain your way Lisa! We've gone a record 54 days without rain here! Broke a record set in 1951. I'm not complaining! Well maybe a little because our air is still thick with smoke and it's hotter than usual here--in the 90s. So hot and humid and bad air quality! BB comes in the house after his walk and collapses on the a/c vent!

Glad you sensible ladies thought I was sensible to skip the stair climb!

Murphy, I'm going to start the August rotation next week. Are you following it? I hope you are able to see the eclipse! I have a lot of Amy Bento's workouts but I don't do them very often. I would if I ever stop doing Cathe rotations! Do you think you may have packed yours away somewhere to make more room for more workouts?

Awesome you love your new bike Lisa and can get it fitted so there won't be anymore headaches!! I'm glad Suki won't be near coyotes and will be safe with you and DH instead! Pretty photo of the mountains too! Good to hear your foot is almost healed too, that's great! People are charging something like $1800 for campsites in Oregon to see the eclipse. Outrageous!!

Roxie, can I come over for taco Tuesday please? I love tacos but don't cook much.

Ronne, thanks for tip about Planet of the Apes, I think DH wants to see it.

Hi Jody and Mary!

Let's see, Great Glutes Monday (and I could tell I haven't done that one in a while!) and I was supposed to do Afterburn Tues. but I am tired of that one so I did Intensity Step and Bootcamp and wasn't ready for it! Tomatohead galore! Weds. my massage therapist beat me up and today was ICE Chiseled Upper Body and some core work. Then took BB out tonight so we could have a sweat fest. We're supposed to cool down and get rain by Sunday and I'm OK with that!

Hi fit babes! DH and I went to one of my favorite places in the world yesterday and it's only 45 minutes away. I don't know if any of you watch golf, but the US Open was held here in 2015. Anyhoo, you can walk a 3 mile loop (which we did), picnic, golf, enjoy the water, the view and even fly a kite. I took a lot of photos but they don't do it justice. I'll post one here with DH in it. I always recommend this place, Chambers Bay if people visit. The drive to it isn't shabby either!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.