Which Fitness Celebrities that is annoying to you???????

>Moira Stott is a robot. I'm sure. I have one tape of hers
>and I've never done it. It looks great but she is boring and
>I've never been motivated enough to do it.

I had one resistance band workout by Moira Stott and couldn't even bring myself to do it after previewing. She was even drier than the early Karen Voight (and that's pretty dry!). She made a "joke" or tried to be funny once, and smiled, and it was almost creepy!

For some reason (must be I'm a vidiot), I picked up a recent pilates/core workout with her in the lead, and she's much more personable. More "professional" than dry this time around.

I can't think of any that annoy me that much. I am getting kinda annoyed with the fakness of the Firm's instructors since they seem to be trying to fit in to a Barbie doll mold more and more each time a new BSS comes out.

Denise Austin used to annoy me too but one day I was watching her on LifeTime and she didn't seem as perky as she used to be so I tried some of her DVDs. I actually like some of her newer stuff, she seems more "calm" and not so buggy eyed like in her older videos. Her pilates and yoga workouts are pretty decent. She also has a step workout called Ultimate Fat Burner that is a good workout.

Denise Austin, Tony Little and yours truely, Richard Simmons!! YIKES
My best friend works out to Richard Simmons once in awhile..WHY????

Charlotte~~

I absolutely love Donna Reed's workouts, but I can't stand her voice. It drives me nuts! I can't even explain it. It's just so annoying.

Aila

Count me in on the vote for Denise Austin. Her voice, along with the way she talks to everyone like they are toddlers drives me nuts. I never talked to my toddler that way!!!! I also don't like how she refers to body parts like "squeeze your tummy in really tight".

Even my daughter, when we happened to land on a channel with Denise on it, asked "who is THAT"? in the way that all kids ask when they are horrified...........

Deb

Poor Denise! I have a friend that loves her Kickboxing video and does it religiously 6 days a week! Obviously she has some kind of following because she sure puts out a lot of videos! :)

Jo

denise austin... EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I've always thought Denise Austin was annoying with her "peppiness" & "congested voice" but then I saw Sharon Mann on a commercial on FitTV & that's all it took for her to take top prize for annoying celebrity. Gag!!! Now I'm curious to see Spazzy, her back up exerciser. It's almost like a car wreck, shouldn't look, but can't help it.

Marla

I'd love to see this Sharon Mann person, but i don't get fit tv. If she's worse than Denise, that could be very entertaining!!;)

My sis and I had babies a day apart a LONG time ago, and we would get together and workout to lose th baby fat. She always wanted to do Denise and I was, like--:p x(

RE: Which Fitness Celebrities that is annoying to you??...

Marla,

Yep, that chick in Sharron Mann's workouts is annoying as hell!! I thought I was watching an aerobic nightmare.....OMG!! Talk about going at something TOO hard, I am amazed she has not punched herself in the face, or flipped herself right off that round disc thing they workout on...There was another thread about her, and I about died laughing when someone brought "Spazzy" up!!! ROFLMAO!!!

:) ;-) :D :p :9 :7 :+

Denise,

Now I'm almost afraid to check her out1:eek:

Marla

Marla,

I swear that you will laugh so hard,that you might just pee your pants..Unreal!!! LOLOLOLOL

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+

OMG this is so true...she is super hyper and so annoying. I cant stand to watch her!

I second Catwoman. I can NOT stand Sharon Mann and Sparky. Sparky has got to go!!!

Denise Austin is ok, but I think it's her voice that really turns me off. She has a "gravelly" type of voice.

Kathy Smith is ok also, but her whooping and yee-hawing get to me.

Shirley

Denise Austin is the ultimate in the annoying department. I had only one of her videos years and years ago and quickly got rid of it!!LOL she was obnoxious! I will always do Cathe. Even the Firm b ecame annoying with their Stepford wives approach!
Jen

Okay, I just thought of someone else, but she isn't a fitness celebrity.

Anyone ever use JB Berns' rebounding workouts? There's this woman in his crew who does all those arm motions, as if she were perpetually cheerleading, everytime Berns cues a change in his choreography. The first few times I did the workouts, it didn't bother me, but the more I used the workouts, the more irritated I got with this woman. She looked less than a crew member and more of a penniless street mime in dire need of dinner -- and attention!

Honestly, it takes a LOT to annoy me. The whopping in the Intensity series doesn't bother me. I take Tony Horton's dry humor well. Kathy Smith's cueing makes me sigh, but then I'd just catch up. Billy Blanks counting is uneven and I can live with it. So the fact that I'm thinking of covering part of the TV screen with a tablecloth everytime I do a rebounding workout so all I see is JB Berns tells me how superfreaked I am by this woman.

Pinky

What about Tamillee Hastie.sp?..from the firm I think she did Cardio burn? She has this plastered fake smile on her face and keeps saying "this is fun"...no it aint!!... Sharon Mann actually scares me.. I cant believe she hasnt seriously ripped a muscle with her herky, jerky movements. Moira Stott is horrible, I think she would be better working as a mortian.sp?..she is creepy and has much personality as dry burnt toast. On a positive note..love Cathe and Tracie Long

I don't really hate Denise Austin or Kathy Smith. I have Patrick Goudeau's ABC and ABC2 workouts, and he can be a bit annoying.
Absolutely LOVE Susan Harris and Tracy Long from the Firm. Love Cathe of course. Bryan Kest is nice eye candy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.