Which Fitness Celebrities that is annoying to you???????

>Denise Austin, Tony Little and yours truely, Richard
>Simmons!!

YOU are Richard Simmons! I never would have guessed!

call me crazy but I can't stand billy blanks, not as a person or a exercise guru, I just wish the man would learn to count! (you know last set and then u do about 10 more!)

i am not a frequent poster, but read every day...but i had to get in on this...i thought it was just me missing something when i saw sharon mann on fittv the first time, but there is something wrong with her and her entire backup team...i know she is a fit person, but her moves are so jerky and crazy...they are all hyped up on something that may or may not be legal...anyway, i was wondering what other fitness boards there are...i am very curious to see what people could find wrong with an industry leader like cathe...

My spelling may be off on a few of these:

Joyce Vedral
Denise Austin (nuff said)
Greer Childers (is she for real???)
Tony Little (cut that damn mullet)
Billy Banks
Kathy Smith (I agree about the bandwagon thing. Her Latin Dance workout pushed me over the edge)
Jennifer Kreis (couldn't get her pilates tape out of my house fast enough)
Jen Pelusio
Rodney Yee (his yoga workouts put me to sleep, and I won't even go there about his tight shorts)

And since we're talking about background exercisers:

Kevin from the Slim Series really creeps me out.

I was trying to find the name of this chick but all my Firm workouts have been relegated to the garage. Anyway, I can't remember if it is Susan Harris or Tracy somebody. She's an older lady in the older workouts with long hair ( I was thinking she's Canadian, but she's not Janet Gretzky. Well, when she does sets of like tricep workouts, all I can hear are her OHHH, AHHHHHH, MMMMHHHHH. It is so weird. Really distracting. I mean, this is a physical workout, but not THAT physical!

Marla

>I can't think of any that annoy me that much. I am getting
>kinda annoyed with the fakness of the Firm's instructors since
>they seem to be trying to fit in to a Barbie doll mold more
>and more each time a new BSS comes out.
>

At least Barbie has curves!!! In the last series from the Firm, they all had no curves. Like sticks, they were. Or like teenaged boys.

RE: Which Fitness Celebrities that is annoying to you??...

Am I the only one who never "experienced" Denise Austin? LOL
But I do hate Sharon Mann. So much that when when she comes in with her high coffein commercial I must change channel.

Of course as with most everyone else, Denise Austin drives me insane. The one person who I couldn't even get through the whole tape was Franny Bernadetto (I think that's her last name.)

She might be a wonderful instructor but I couldn't concentrate on the workout because I was SOOO distracted by her accent!!! There was just something about it that I couldn't take! I know that is very bad of me! It's strange because in other things that type of accent doesn't bother me at all. Weird!

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

LOL, re Susan Harris. I thought I was the only one who thought that of her. If you were just listening and not seeing her workouts you would swear it's a smutty tape not exercise! Her oohs and aahs crack me up. Sometimes she sounds like she's actually purring at the camera. Too funny.

yeah! I really think that richard simmons out annoys denise austin!

hahahahah I'm still laughing over that pic of Richard Simmons.

He is by far the most ANNOYING fitness celebrity...followed by Denise Austin...then FIT TV's Sharon Mann (is she on 'speed' or what?) and Gilad. Sorry ladies his buff body doesn't do it for me and his accent and boot camp style instruction annoys me. Everytime I see him on FIT TV, I wish one of his cast members would take their dumbbells and throw it at him! Or better yet, maybe he'd fall into the ocean behind him and never come back LOL!

Eileen

What are some reasons that people hate Sharon Mann? I am curious, I own her "Works" DVD, and she seems fine to me.

Denise Austin (one of the worst!)
Burr Leonard
Tracy York
Michelle Dozois
Donna Read
Keli Roberts
Donna Richardson
Wendilee Walpole Lassiter (perhaps THE WORST!)
Billy Blanks
Philip Gray
Tony Horton
Gilad
Gunnar Peterson

I don't have any personal hate for anyone. There are some that I don't care for.

I too, am not a fan of Billy Blanks. He drives me nuts with that talking to the camara as if he is talking to me. I'd probably like Taebo without him. Cathe's kickbox workouts are my favorites.

"Sparky" from Sharon Mann's workouts has to tone down a bit.

I like Denise Austin and Sharon Mann. I need perky. I just ignore "Sparky".

I am not a fan of Kathy Smith. There is something about her. I don't know what it is.

Moira Stott puts me to sleep.

Now some of the classic firm leads annoy me. I can't do Firm Vol 2. That woman who leads it does have that "stepford wife" thing going. The lead in Firm Vol 5 also has that same look but I like the workout so I just concentrate on that.

Other than that, I kind of just concentrate on the workout.

Ofcourse, Cathe is my favorite and I tend to compare all workouts to her stuff.

LOL!!! Richard Simmons...Ewwwwwww. I've never done any exercise with a Richard Simmons video, but he has got to be on the top of the list. Did any of you see him on David Letterman when he had those striped shorts on??? And then David sprayed him with the fire extinguisher? HA! HA! Or how about the time he was on Who's Line Is It Anyway? LOL!!!
Just looking at the guy makes me want to go take a shower with some very strong soap.

Shirley

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.