What weights does Cathe used in Pure strength series?

lax lover2

Cathlete
I just recieved this workout and was very confused as to what weights Cathe uses. Only at one point when she is doing the tricep dips does she say she has 35#. Is the barbell she uses here 15# and does anyone have listed the weights she is using. I use her as my gauge as to what I should be using and working up to. I actually think my husbands barbell is 12-15# and maybe I could use his when doing this workout ( Just makes it easier with less adding involved if I see what weights are on her barbell and what I should be using).
Thanks everyone. By the way, I really enjoyed this workout, thorough with lots of rest between sets for recovery.

I do think she says the weight amounts maybe not as clear as in her other videos but if you look at the dumbells you could probably read the numbers maybe listen to the video carefully with out working out and you could figure it out
Lisa

I think that was the one where Cathe felt she didn't want to give her weight info because people should use what's best for them. She got a lot of feedback saying that people use the info as a guideline, and that people want to know, so in the videos following that one she always tells her weight, with the caveat that you should use what's best for you and her weight is "only a guideline". I still can't tell what poundage she is using in that video.

Cathe usually announces what size weight she will use when she does a specific exercise. That's how I determine what weight I use. For instance, if she says she's using 15#, I know I need to go lighter because I can't keep up w/ her. I don't know how heavy her poundage is, however, from the cover photo, in 1 of the workouts, it looks like she's using 40#. But she also says to use it as a guide. You may need to go lighter than what she's using, or she also encourages you to go for it if you think you can use heavier weights.

I use Cathe as a gauge as well, and I want to know here weights for a gauge making my workout more effective as well.
Does anyone know if the barbell is 15#?

I have a feeling the barbell is at least 20#, if not heavier. To be honest, I don't think anyone's known Cathe to use a barbell less than 20#.

I just did this this morning and in one section when she was doing I think the tricep dip she said she has 30lbs pounds so this makes the bar 10lbs plus she had 2 10lbs plates making this 30lbs total so to answer your question the bar is 10lbs. So if you want to go back and look at the PS the heaviest plate she uses are 10lbs so I guest you can try and figure out the math;-).

RE: What weights does Cathe used in Pure strength serie...

Cathe uses a 15-lb barbbell in the Pure Strength Series.

I have created what I call wall sheets (i.e. stick 'em to my wall) which break down all of Cathe's weighted tapes so I can gauge the poundage needed and what comes next (dumbbells or barbbells).

I could send the document to you in "Word" or "Wordperfect" file if you wish.

If you or anyone else wants my "Wall Sheets" file, my e-mail is [email protected].

Have a great one!

Patricia

Patricia!

You sent me your worksheets a long time ago and they have been priceless! Hubby & I use them all the time as a gauge for what weight Cathe is using. I just wanted to pop in here and say THANKS once again for sharing them with me. I am going to E-mail you asking if you have the latest series included on your "Wall" Sheets. Thanks for taking the time to do these and also for sharing them with us all!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Patricia...address!

I just sent you an E-mail and it came back "No such host"??? I also went back into my address book where I had your address from way back and it is the SAME as what you posted here??? Any ideas?
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Patricia...address!

Hi Debbie:

Sorry! We just had a name change for my company so that may be the problem. Please try again at [email protected] or try [email protected] again.

I'd speak to my administrator to see if she could fix the problem but that would be admitting that I'm using the office computer for non work related stuff.

If that doesn't work, would it be possible for you to post your e-mail address here? (No worries if you don't want to)

Hoping to "talk" to you later!

Patricia

Hi Patricia!

I resent it to both addresses. If it doesn't reach you and comes back, I will post my address. Or, you can just click on my E-mail icon and send me it. I'll wait to see if it comes back. Oh, I might as well post it! HA! Thank you for your time.

[email protected]

Patrcia!!

Hi Patricia! Are you sure this is a 15lb bar because like I said when she is doing the tricep dip she said she has exactly 30lb which I know their was 1 10lb plate on each end. Please correct me if I am wrong because maybe Cathe told you long time ago that this was a 15lb bar. I also use Cathe's weight as a guideline too and I also use a 15lb bar. TIA.

P.S. Can you also email me your "Wall Sheets" file. Thanks:)

Thank you!

Thanks so much Patricia! I got it!!! I am printing them all off as I sit here. You put a lot of work into these! WOW!!! It will be nice to have the "I" Series broken down finally. I always handwrite my weight I use next to each exercsie and it helps so much for preparing on what is coming next. Thank you, thank you!

RE: Patrcia!!

Yes, it is a 15# barbell. She actually says she is using 35# and has 2 10 plates during the dips in pure strength.
I think I will use a 15# barbell as well ( less addding) rather than my 5#.
Thanks for the wall sheets Patricia!

Wall sheets

To everyone I sent my wall sheets to.

I forgot to mention that you can revise the document and make your own blank sheets. Delete "CF" and the poundage she uses and write down with a black magic marker the weights you are using for that particular workout.

For example, if it's an exercise requiring a barbell, you can record the plates you are using, i.e. 2 x 10, 2 x 5, 2 x 2 1/2 plus weight of your BB equals. (My BB is 12 lbs so that makes a total of 47 lbs.) This way, you don't have to do the math next time and saves a lot of head scratching. And you can just pull out your sheet next time you do that workout.

You can, of course, simply enter the weight of the dumbbells you're using.

You can also write the date you did the workout at the top of the sheet.

I know, I know. It ain't rocket science but it works!

Patricia

RE: Wall sheets

What kind of weights does Cathe use for PS????????

I'm answering for DebbieH and Bobbi......"matching weights"

Briee (he he)

Briee!

Actually, matching weights with DIFFERENT colored socks on! Tee-Hee!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.