Vitamix

tsagona

Cathlete
Hi all. I'm considering getting a vitamix for my son for Christmas. For those of you that have one, do you recommend a particular model? Any features I definitely want? S Amazon the best place to purchase one?

Thanks all!
Tracy

I have the Vitamix 7500 64 oz. 13-in-1 Under Cabinet Variable Speed Blender purchased from QVC as a Today's Special Value years ago. I think you're fine to buy one from any reputable retailer with the best price--be it Amazon, Costco, etc. I particularly love the shorter "under cabinet" container because it tucks away easily under the kitchen cabinets (obviously) and I hardly ever have to use the tamper. Like almost never, and believe me I blend up everything you could imagine. I had the taller model container prior to getting the under cabinet but I couldn't handle using the tamper so much (lazy? ha!), so I returned it for the under cabinet and have never looked back.

Just my two cents.

Lisa

Are they quiet or noisy? Mine blender is ultra noisy and I just feel that a vitamix surely is t loud and noisy.

I've had mine for about three or four years now. I could not imagine living without it for even ONE day. I have the 64 oz. wet, 48 oz. wet, 32 oz. wet, and 32 oz. dry containers. In fact, I'm about to go use the dry container right now to grind up the rolled oats and coconut shreds into flour to make my protein bars, and the 64 oz. wet container will be put to use to make my almond/hazelnut milk. :D

I agree with @lisa_la_machina that you should search around for your best deal.

With regard to the tamper, I personally could not be without one! If you want to make your own nut and/or seed butters, you definitely need a tamper. Making nut, seed and coconut butters is actually quite fun! I think it is anyway. ;)

I have the Vitamix Creations GC model. I love it. I have had it for over 2 years now and use it almost everyday. I recently got the dry container but I haven't used it yet. I bought mine from QVC. They seem to have the best deals. I think I Saturday they were selling the Creations model for under $400. They said it was the lowest price ever for that model.

I

I have one and we use it everyday - sometimes two and three times/day. I use the dry container regularly too cos i grind my own almonds (from costco) to make almond meal for baking. I don't want to imagine a life without a vitamix. They are costly but never break down and are soooo worth the expense. I have the taller model as I got it back in 2007 or 8 I think.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.