Transforming Violets in June!!!

Hi girls.

I had spin class this morning. It was wicked as usual!}(
Tomorrow is more XFlowsion fun as my recovery week winds down...

My weekend plans:

Friday evening: bikini line waxing-oh what fun! LOL
Saturday afternoon-evening: Graduation party-should be a good time!
Sunday morning: Meeting up with 2 other Catheites for a 5k race! WOOH!:)

Back from my walk with the dogs. Took them each by theirselves so I can get some lease training in with Sunshine.

Wendy, Friday night plans sounds like fun, Not! I tried having my legs waxed once and it didn't work so well. I can't even imagine bikini waxing.

How cool that you are running with 2 other Catheites. Have you met them before or will this be your first time meeting them?

Jean

Good Morning.

Jean, I will meet them for the first time on Sunday but I correspond with them daily in one of my check-ins. I will see them again during my unofficial Road Trip!LOL

Good morning. Today is another rainy day. This morning it looked just cloudy, but everytime I stepped out the door (taking out the trash, feeding the dogs) it would start to sprinkle. Then I would go back in and it would stop. Finally I just grabbed me a hat and went out for my jog. It only sprinkled a little and it felt so good to be outside. I jog 3 miles without walking. Did not make very good time, but at least I didn't walk. I haven't done that in ages. Still don't feel like I'm good enough to join the Cheetahs Thread. I'm more like a new born cub that never grows any faster.

Well now that I'm done with my jog, the only problem is I have a strange pain in my lower back on the left side. It doesn't hurt all the time, it just catches about every 10th step I take take. But when it catches, yowie! I'll take some Advil in a minute and hope it goes away.

Wendy, that is so neat about meeting the other Catheites. As for the race are you guys going to be competative against each other or just running fun? As for the unofficial RT, do you know what day you're coming. It looks like I will be there Thur, Fri and Sat nights with Gayle (I think you know her from the Cheetah thread)

Heather, how are the feet doing with the new shoes?

Jean

Wendy,
I just got through checking out the Cheetah thread and read about the race. Nice times. So glad you got to meet up with some more Catheites. All of of you look so cute in your Cheetah Tees.

Hey Jean! Thanks. :) We had fun. It was so nice to finally meet them!

Well I ended up taking an unplanned rest day on friday. I just wasn't into my work out that day. It ended up being okay though cause I had no planned rest day this week! Y'day I ran 3.65 miles on the TM to Itread 11/40 and today, ofcourse, was race day!

Tomorrow I start my new strength rotation using GS and the Pyramids!}(

I am booked for a saturday to sunday stay for my little roadtrip crashing party!:7 I can't wait! Cathy/Cheetahs couldn't get in on the roadtrip either so her and I are going to be partners in crime that weekend!}( Should be fun!

hey girls,

Gosh it has been a long time! I have been super busy with kids sports and all. It sounds like everyone is doing some great workouts and doing good! I have actually been working out consistently six days a week for a month now. I have been going to the gym and working out to my dvds. I went from a size 13 to a 11. I want to be a size 9 but that will come. Just not before the beach on July 4th.

I hope I can start checking in here with you girls. Things are so crazy! Oh, I will also be pre-ordering those dvds! It is wonderful huh?!

well I need to go now and eat supper, but I will talk to you ladies soon!

kim

Hi Kim, nice to hear from you again. Sounds like you have been working out like crazy and it shows. Sizw 9 will be here soon.

Wendy, what kind of rotation are your doing now? Heather said to say Hi (I talked to her on the phone tonight)

This morning I finally did some weights. Did Bi's and Tri's.

If no rain, I hope to go for a jog in the morning.

Jean

Kim: How great to "see" you again! Stick around! WTG on the weight loss!:)

Jean: I am doing a strength rotation using the pyramids and gs series. Where's Heather been?

Today I am taking a rest day due to time constraints. I'm outta here by 8:15 to go to the zoo and probably won't be home until dinner time. I won't have the desire to try to squeeze in a work out by then and I am horrible at really early morning work outs unless I can go to the gym(which I can't this morning)!:p

Have a great day!

Hi all.

This morning I decided to try jogging with both dogs. I've walked them together, but only jog with the older one. I was pleasantly surprised, Sunshine did very well. We only went for a mile, alternating jogging with some walking. I don't want to push Sunshine too much since she is a growing girl. The vet said as long as she is only trotting, it won't hurt her bones. I was surprised with that answer because I thought I would have to wait until she was 8 months or older.

After I took the dogs back home I was going to go for a more strenuous jog by myself, but it was trying to rain. I decided to jump rope instead. That way I could still be outside, but duck in if the drops got too big. Jumping rope is hard work!.

Wendy, when I talked to Heather, she didn't mention why she hasn't been on the boards much lately. I know she was taking it easy due to her foot, so maybe she's just waiting to get back into strong workout mode. Hope you have fun at the zoo.

Jean

Jean: Glad the jog with the dogs went well. Jumping rope is supposed to be an excellent cardio exercise! Good for you. I hope Heather's foot gets better fast!!!

The zoo was fun but hot and tiring. When we got home, after DS' nap, he went "swimming" for a little while in my mom's kiddie pool in the backyard. I got home about 6pm and DS was in bed just after 7. Now I am kicking back with a beer and sooo ready to pass out! LOL I am soooo tired but if I let myself sleep now I either won't be able to sleep later or I'll sleep through and then be up at 3am for the day! NO THANKS!:p

I have some killer DOMS in my glutes and hams today. I thought walking the zoo would help but believe it or not, I don't think it was a strenuous enough walk. We were really only strolling...No lower body work tomorrow though so my legs can recover some more before spin class on Thursday! It's GSC&T and ab work instead. I am looking forward to GSC&T. I've always enjoyed that work out!}(

Okay, I'm done babbling for now :7

TTYL!

hey girls,

Hope everyone is having a good day! I have had a somewhat bad eating day and haven't exercised yet. But I will tonight definitely! I will do the TM for about 30 minutes and who knows what else.

I was wondering if any of you ladies have done Amy Bento's Hi/lo and her Extreme kickboxing? I have bought hers and some of christy taylors. I have also collected all of Jari Love's workouts! I really like working out to her. Can't wait till her new Ripped and Chisled workout is here to order! And yes I am definitely ordering cathe's new workouts!

Well I have to visit the old TM now. I will talk to you ladies soon!\

kim

Hi Kim.

I've never done an Amy Bento work out but did try Christi and didn't like her. I like Jari too. I've also fallen in love with Beach Body stuff and Barry's BootCamp as well!:)

Have fun on the TM!

And don't worry about the bad eating...I was out with DS and my mom all day so my eating was pretty awful too! Then I came home and had a beer and bowl of icecream for a snack! LOL }( :p :7
Remember...it's what you do MOST of the time that makes the difference. Not what you do SOME of the time!:)

Good evening everyone.

Wendy, beer and ice cream. Hmmm. I was craving chocolate earlier so while I was at the grocery store I grabbed some Slim Fast carmel bars. Not the best choice, but it's not a true candy bar. Now if I can limit myself to only one.

Kim, hope you got your TM in. I only have Cathe's DVDs and some old dusty Firms so no help here on recommendations. I lent my Gilad Quick Fit DVD's to my DD and haven't seen them since.

Tonight I made it to spin class. WooHoo! Now I'm nice and sweaty.

We're having more rain and flooding tonight. Another child(13 year old this time) has been lost in the rising water and they are searching for him as I type. Hopefully this will end up a rescue and not a recovery.

Tomorrow will be a leg work out, probably Pyramid. I finally got some more spring clips so it will be easier to switch out the weights.

Jean

Hello violets,

Boy it is hot here! We just got some rain and it still didn't help! So I have stayed inside as much as possible.

I did the TM this morning for about 30mins. and boy it was a tough one! I made up my own program to do and it made the boredom not quite as bad. I am hoping to do some other kind of workout tonight after eating with Mom. And trust me you will have to workout and returning from her meals! Yummy!!

Jean, I hope that they find the girl well and everyone stays safe! Yeah I know what you mean, I have lent out friends workouts and never to see them again! Of course, I am not crazy enough to give them Cathe!

Wendy, Christy taylor has a weird personality and I hate when she sings as she works out, but she has okay workouts. And wendy, that combination of desserts almost sounds delicious!
Wendy I also joined a gym about a month ago. I try to make it there at least six days a week. I usually do 30 on the ellipt. and 30 on the ski machine. Boy I am zapped after that. But for a while I was doing a dvd at home and doing the gym. But been too tired for that here lately.

See you in a while ladies,

kim

Today I did GSC&T but split up the work out by inserting an ab circuit in there so after every couple of upper body exercises I would do an ab exercise. This allowed my u/b to rest so I lifted heavier for longer w/my u/b and got my ab work in at the same time!:)

Tomorrow is spin class and yoga!

Hi Jean!

Kim, I saw on another thread that you've started using Itreads! Aren't they just AWESOME!!!! I have to control myself when it comes to buying their work outs! I finally bought the year pkg deal but immediately downloaded 3 work outs so now I have a while to wait for more. I'm going to TRY to resist paying alacarte until the year is up but I'm sure I'll relent at some point!:7 }( :7 I also have a couple IClimbs, an ICycle, an IStrength, an ISculpt ballet and 2 ISculpts!}(

See ya in the morning!:)

Hello everyone.

Where is Heather? She has been missing for a while.

Wendy, your workout sounds like a great way to change things up.

Kim, great job on getting to the gym 6 days a week. Keep up the good work.

Today, my workout didn't happen. I got up, but ended up rearranging my workout area in the game room. So I was lifting weights, just not in the tradational sense. It took me longer that expected so no time to workout. Then I had to work late tonight so no time tonight either. I better get to bed now, so I can make sure to get a workout in tomorrow morning.

Jean

Yea! workout done. I did PLB. It's been so long since I did a thorough leg workout that I had to only do the up portion. I needed longer time between sets and just couldn't keep up. I'm afraid of what I might feel tomorrow.

Jean

Jean: Woo Hoo on PLB! I'm up for the pyramids next week! I'm afraid...it's been a loooong time!:eek: I haven't rearranged my work out area in quite some time but it sure is fun to do, isn't it? :7

Okay so I have spin and gs legs floorwork in the bag for today. All I have left is yoga tonight while DH is bowling. :)

I have some wonderfully intense doms in my upper body from GSC&T y'day! It's KILLER! I LOVE IT!}( }( }( I may be feelin' my legs tomorrow as I barely got over the DOMS from the standing portion of gs and did the floorwork today! YEOW! :7

Tomorrow's work out will be GSBS&B + ab work at nap time and cardio of choice at the gym with DH in the evening.

I've been bad...I had some Edy's loaded butterfinger icecream last night while playing scrabble with DH and had 2 wonderful chocolate chunk cookies this afternoon! How yummy!!! :9 :9 :9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.