Transforming Violets in June!!!

Wendy, Good luck with your exam results. How long does it take to get an aswer back?

Heather, have fun with your new DVDs.

Jean

Good Evening!

Yesterday was my rest day and I blew off the yoga I said I wanted to do. x(

Today I did my first ISculpt and it was fantastic! Tonight I ran 3.25 miles with Itread 10/30. Great work out!}(

Tomorrow I am only slated for Spin class in the morning so I may force myself to do some yoga at nap time. We'll see what happens...

Jean, Thanks. The results take 4-6 weeks once they are mailed off. I will not be mailing mine for a few weeks yet though so I've still got quite a while to wait...

I will be partying with Cathe and friends in Jersey in 2 shorts months! I am so excited!

God blessed me with a restful Sunday. After my quiet time, I had a blast with Step Works again. This is one of my all-time favorite Cathe workouts. I never imagined that I would love anything as much as I love Rhythmic Step, but I adore the choreography in this one. I feel so light on my feet when I do the full-circle turns!

I went to the grocery story on the way home from church, read articles on clean eating after lunch, enjoyed a nap, assembled a small photo album to share with friends during the Road Trip, returned to the book store last night, and skimmed through more books.

I pulled Pam Smith’s books off my bookshelf at home Saturday morning and started reviewing them too. Everything I am reading is pointing me in the same direction. Eat more complex carbs. Eat more fiber. Enjoy more cardio. This is very affirming because this is intuitively what I know works for me. I realize that this goes against the grain, but 60 percent carbs, 20 percent protein, and 20 percent fat is what my body loves! I am a cardio lover too!

I woke up early this morning, enjoyed my quiet time, and did the premix that combines the kickboxing drills and stability ball abs from Kick, Punch, & Crunch with the standing leg work from Leg and Glutes. I love this premix!

I am experimenting with eating for maximum energy. I know what works for me in general, but I am still experiencing an energy crisis that hits me every afternoon. I need to focus on drinking more spring water because the summer heat may be wiping me out. It is hot in Central Texas this month.

I took a nap after work and jogged on my rebounder instead of going to the club tonight.

Wendy, congratulations on completing your personal training exam!

Jean, is the heat wiping you out too?

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good Morning.

Heather: Sounds like all of your experiences in your journey lately have been upbeat and positive. That's great! So the countdown to the RT begins, ey? :+ It will be so great to meet you. You are such an inspiration to all of us!

I have spin and yoga on tap for today. Let's home the yoga actually gets done this time!:p :7 :p

I ended up bagging spin at the last minute cause I didn't feel well BUT I did my yoga!

I created an XFlowsion mish-mosh that I really enjoyed:

Body Blast (26 min)
Ab Blaster (9 min)
Ab Boogie (3 min)
Calm Down Dog (27 min)

Tomorrow calls for Shape It Up mixed with pull ups and push ups!}(

See you then ladies!:7

Alright Wendy, you finally got your Yoga in. Yea!

Heather, I actually like the heat. this is my favoirte time of year. Now when August heat gets here, I'll be complaining.

I'm trying to get over a cough and throat issues that started up this week, so I'm just keeping my workouts to walking. I hope to be back at regular workouts next week.

Jean

Jean, Feel better fast!!!!

I am doing Shape It Up and possibly some push ups only today.

I am not doing the pull ups today b/c I decided to do the X's Legs and Back tomorrow so you KNOW I'll get my pull ups in then!}(

Have a great afternoon!

After my quiet time yesterday morning, I pushed myself through Cardio and Weights. This is one of Cathe’s fun workouts that is not all that challenging, but I was dragging my wagon for some reason. I started taking Emergen-C and experienced a burst of energy almost immediately. I took a nap after work, stopped by the mall to pick up some bubble bath, and went to the club late at night for a good 30 minutes on the recumbent bike. My workouts were gentle, but I stuck with my game plan even if it was not my best performance.

Today was a good day. Glory to God! My energy is being restored! The spring water and Emergen-C are definitely helping! After my quiet time this morning, I did Kick, Punch, & Crunch. I was tired again, but I kept pressing on until it was accomplished.

I called Mom to wish her a happy birthday. I sent her one of my Olan Mills pictures (like the one I shared in my PictureTrail). She received it and loves it!

I definitely started feeling better after work. I planned menus for the next 3 days, did my grocery shopping, washed dishes, cleaned my kitchen and dining room, did a load of laundry, vacuumed my workout area, and packed my meals and snacks for tomorrow. I enjoyed frozen yogurt with almonds for a treat and did not have time for a second cardio workout tonight, but I am still counting this as a victorious day. I am back on track and ready to kick some butt! The 4th of July (which will be the 4-year anniversary of my fitness journey) is 21 days away, and I would love to celebrate progress! I am hoping to reach my ultimate goal weight by the 4th of July next year. I decided on a game plan for my eating and established a few smaller goals. I would love to share more tonight, but I need to start wrapping up this day. I am ready for a relaxing bubble bath and a restful night of sleep. Step, Jump, & Pump is in my DVD player for tomorrow.

Wendy, I forgot to answer your question about spinning. No, I have never tried it. Is it fun?

Jean, I love warm weather. Spring is my favorite season. I like it hot, but the unusual humidity this year is getting to me. I prefer the dry heat we usually enjoy in Central Texas.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Heather: Spin is a *TOUGH* work out but fun just the same! It's awesome! I highly recommend it if you have the opportunity to give it a try. Take it easy the first time out though. If you don't, you may never go back!}( LOL

Legs and Back is done. I am looking forward to yoga this evening now.

Tomorrow is definately a spin class in the evening (5:30). During the day I have gone back and forth on what to do...including nothing! At this point I am still not sure! LOL I'll figure it out though. :7

Tomorrow if friday! WOOH!:+

Journey into Power 2 is done. :)

I also now have a plan for tomorrow....

Cardio Sculpt Express (barring any u/b doms from pull ups today)
Cardio Core Express
6 Minute Abs
5:30pm Spin class...I should be nice and fried by the time I am done with all of this! LOL I have my rest day scheduled for saturday though so no worries! I'll be going to a friend's son's Baptism. It's a very relaxed ceremony and celebration that is taking place in her parents' backyard. It should be fun with some good food!}( There will be lots of kids around so Joey should have a blast as well.:)

Sunday it's "back to business" though with a morning run and my first ISculpt Ballet on tap!}(

Ciao Bellas!:*

This was a delightful day! I woke up at 4:00 a.m. and have been bursting with energy all day! After my Bible study, I blasted off this glorious day with Step, Jump, & Pump. This is one of my all-time favorite circuit training workouts. It is fun, fun, fun with some of my favorite step choreography. The power jigs make me super happy. I smiled during the whole workout this morning! I was so thankful to have enough energy to enjoy it once again. I am a hi-lo lover at heart, and this workout features some of Cathe’s best floor aerobics. I adore all the pivots and turns. I love the music too as well as the bright colors of the outfits.

I stepped on the scale this morning for a mid-month progress check. My weight is holding steady at 220 pounds, but my measurements are smaller. PMS time is just around the bend, so I am not upset about the number on the scale.

This was the first day of my new way of eating. I reviewed my journals and discovered that I had the most energy when I was eating 3 small meals and 2 snacks every day. Earlier this year, I stopped packing my morning snack because I reasoned that I could live without it and save the calories. I feel better physically and mentally when I eat every few hours. My goal is to eat 80 percent clean. That translates to one treat a day. This is a better approach for me than a “cheat day” every week. I am still planning to choose treats that offer some nutritional value like organic granola bars made with no junk ingredients. I started reading The Energy Edge by Pam Smith and decided to enjoy a fruit appetizer before lunch and a fruit appetizer before dinner. Pam encourages people who are prone to fatigue in the afternoon to eat this way. I am not sure why it works, but it does. My energy was consistently high all afternoon, which is very unusual for me. After skimming through The Serotonin Power Diet at the bookstore earlier this week, I decided to eat carbs for my afternoon snack unaccompanied by protein. I have successfully used this approach in the past to break free from seasonal depression. Protein and fat both interfere with the serotonin-boosting power of carbs. The theory behind this way of eating is that the increase in serotonin produces a calming effect and bridles emotional eating.

All that to say, I feel amazing. My energy is still soaring tonight. I ate half of an organic banana before my morning workout. With the fruit appetizers, I ending up eating 8 times today! I just analyzed my menu to ensure that my calories were not way over the top, and I was delighted to discover that my calories and ratios were right on target. This is what I blessed my body with today:

Pre-Workout Snack: half of an organic banana

Breakfast: half of an organic banana, steel-cut oatmeal (steamed), natural honey roasted peanut butter

Morning Snack: organic bake-dried sweet cherries, raw almonds

Pre-Lunch Appetizer: strawberries

Lunch: potato (baked), cottage cheese, cucumber slices in raw vinegar

Afternoon Snack: donut peach, organic cinnamon granola bars

Pre-Dinner Appetizer: watermelon

Dinner: romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, carrots, broccoli, cucumber slices, organic kidney beans, organic eggs (boiled), homemade honey mustard dressing (raw honey, yellow mustard), Ryvita fruit crunch crispbread

1,740.0 calories
60 percent carbohydrates/18 percent protein/22 percent fat
42.2 grams of fiber
1,009.5 milligrams of sodium

I discovered natural honey roasted peanut butter in the dairy case at HEB this week. Yummy! It is very smooth and creamy and does not need to be stirred since it is refrigerated at the store.

My hope is to reach my goal weight of 130 pounds by July 4, 2008 (which will be the 5-year anniversary of my fitness journey). I am hoping to be below 200 pounds by the Road Trip. I am hitting my stride with my workouts, and this is more than possible! All things are possible!

I was looking forward to a refreshing water workout tonight to wrap up this lovely day. I prayed for the storm to pass so I could get in the pool. When the sun started peeking through the storm clouds, I drove the club and listened to a Beth Moore CD on Christian fitness. She was talking about the glory of God, and I was delighted to crest a hill and see a breathtakingly beautiful rainbow that arched over the whole city. It was very symbolic. Not only did it remind me of my first day as a believer as well as a glory-filled weekend in Mobile, Alabama, but rainbows represent the promise of a new beginning. I started over this month after hitting a rough patch and stumbling last month. This rainbow is a picture of God’s faithfulness and a beautiful visual reminder to keep pressing on and persevering because there is glory on the other side of the storm:

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1120/3778596/15924682/259742419.jpg

I jogged in the pool tonight and enjoyed a spectacular sunset. Glory! I am ready to enjoy a bubble bath and a restful night of sleep. Have a blessed Friday!

Blessings,
Heather B.

Good Morning Heather and Jean! TGIF! :)

Heather: Great shot of that rainbow!

I have some wonderful DOMS from Legs and Back y'day and most of it is in my lower body so it shouldn't interfere with my upper body work out today! I'm happy. }(

I already posted today's plan up above so I will not bore you with that again!:p

Have a great day and a great weekend girls!:+

This was my rest day. I enjoyed the stability ball segments of Total Body Stretching after my Bible study this morning, planned my menus for next week, and made my grocery list.

A check-in friend asked me tonight about my goals and victories. As I shared last night, my fitness goal is to weigh less than 200 pounds. Sharing my picture and testimony in Open Discussion was a big victory for me. I am free. I am not starving myself or taking extreme measures to lose weight before the Road Trip. I am comfortable in my own skin, and I am enjoying the journey every step of the way. By the grace of God, I am being transformed from the inside out. My clothes are fitting better, but I am more excited about the internal changes. Fitness is about freedom, not a size.

Jean and Wendy, have a blessed weekend!

Blessings,
Heather B.

Good morning Heather and Wendy.

Last night I had some free time to myself and my nose stopped running long enough to get in a workout. I did 30 minutes of upper body and a little bit on the treadmill. This morning the nose is back into drip mode, but hopefully I'll get something in later on.

Jean

Hello Heather and Jean. I hope you are both doing well. Jean, I hope you can kick that drippy nose long enough to kick some butt today!}(

Well, as it turns out I chose to nixx Cardio Sculpt Express y'day as some later onset upper body doms kicked in. I would have been silly to push my luck with MORE upper body work at that point. I added more ab work instead! I did the abs from IStrength and ISculpt, then I did Cardio Core Express and 6 Minute Abs. My midsection was nice and toasty when I was done. Last night I took a kickboxing class at the gym instead of my usual spin. They did some ab work at the end of that to!!! OH MY! Surprisingly my abs are not plagued with DOMS this morning but it IS still early! I'll tell you what IS plauged with DOMS is my lower body! YOWZAS! My glutes hurt so much that it's painful to sit on the toilet! LOL :7 }( :7

So anyway....today is scheduled as a rest day but I am considering cheating...I let the dog outside before and the weather is absolutely wonderful for a run! I just might throw on my sneaks and get out there for a short one! I am running tomorrow with my friend and we will probably do anywhere from 3-6 miles but I don't think a SHORT one would hurt me today!;) My justification for it if I do is that I am going to that Baptism today and I KNOW there will be tons of "cheat" foods there that I will likely gorge on so if I run I can "make room" for them! ;) Well..only time will tell if I cave! LOL

Have a good day!:+

Well I opted out of the run on saturday morning. Good thing cause I don't think my sore left quad would have been very happy with me if I had done it!:eek:

Yesterday I ran 3 miles in the park with a friend. I wanted to do ISculpt Ballet too but didn't have enough time. I am planning to do it tomorrow instead.

Today is an Xflowsion yoga work out. I am looking forward to it. This is day one of my recovery week before going back to a strength rotation. I posted some more progress pics in my picture trail if you are interested.

The Baptism on Saturday afternoon was nice and it was a good time. Joey ran around outside with the other kids for the entire afternoon while mom and dad kicked back and chatted with the adults.

Sunday we were at my SIL's for Father's Day. Joey was outside almost all afternoon again. This time he spent some time playing in the kiddie pool a neighbor and her DD brought over. Nice afternoon.

Well, I'd better get goin' now!

TTYL!:7

Hello Heather and Wendy.

This morning I wanted to go for an outdoor jog/walk, but woke up and it was raining. I was really bummed. I stayed in bed a little while longer and when I got up the rain had stopped. So I did a modified outdoor iTrain and jog/walked for 40 min. and then took the dogs for a 30 min walk. While out I saw what I thought was a beaver in the creek down the street. I couldn't see it's tail so it could have been a large muskrat. Either way it was cool to see. I hope this rain slows down. Our ground is soaked with not where to go. The flooding on Monday already took 6 lives here in N. Texas. So tragic.

Hope everyone else is well.

Jean

Hi Jean and Heather.

Yesterday I did ISculpt Ballet #1 and a KPC Premix (51 mins).
Today I did XFlowsion's Live Blast Premix (25 mins) and Amazing Abs (23 mins). Tomorrow is spin class. I still haven't gotten around to buying spin shoes yet but I will...one day! lol

Off to a graduation and dinner tonight. Not thrilled about having to sit through the ceremony but my dopey DH volunteered us before I could stop him. ACK! x( Dinner should be good though.

Jean: Ya know with all of the Itreads I have, I have yet to buy one of the outdoor ones! I should really try one one day. Tragic is right about those poor people who lost their lives in the flooding. What a shame. :-( I am glad that you and yours are safe though.

Have a great rest of the day!:)

I have been missing in action again! I have been icing an aching foot every night instead of spending too much time online. I think the last time I checked in was Friday night. I did the Kick, Punch, & Crunch cardio conditioning premix followed by Supersets Saturday morning.

I woke up Sunday morning with a sharp pain in the arch of my right foot. I started my beloved Rhythmic Step, and my feet were crying during the warm-up! I knew that it was time for new shoes, but I was hoping to save my last pair of Nike Shox Turn and Go cross training shoes for the Road Trip. That style was discontinued by Nike earlier this year. I changed shoes after the warm-up. Then my Reebok cross training shoes made my feet go numb. I changed shoes after every combination, and it was painful to walk by the final combination. Needless to say, I skipped the challenge.

After a nap, I went to Academy Sunday afternoon and was delighted to discover a pair of Nike Shox Turn and Go cross training shoes in my size! I also bought a pair of Ryka Intensity XT cross training shoes as well as Thorlo fitness socks. I may need to replace my running shoes too, but I am hoping that new workout shoes will solve the problem.

I went to the club and jogged in the pool after my shopping expedition. The water felt so good, and it was nice to give my feet a break.

Before bedtime Sunday night, I took my new Ryka Intensity XT cross training shoes for a test drive and had fun with the Rhythmic Step Challenge! They felt nice and cushy. Of course, my feet were still sore, but my first impression of these shoes was very favorable.

That was Sunday. I woke up Monday morning and realized that, Houston, we have a problem. My feet were still killing me. My attempt at gentle bouncing on my rebounder was a painful experience even wearing supportive shoes. The Butts and Guts leg blast premix was challenging too. In a strange way, the lunges actually stretched out my arches and provided some relief.

My feet were crying all day at work. I have been feeling discouraged and emotional this week, but my eating has been good. It seems that my body betrays me when I finally get on track mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. I may need to start taking an extra rest day every now and then and enjoy my beloved Cathe workouts just 5 days a week until I get closer to my goal weight. I peeked at my Cathe calendar results for January and had a lightbulb moment when I realized that I was basically resting or stretching twice a week when I was seeing great results. I had a challenging rotation planned for June and July, but my body has other plans. Oh, the joy of getting older! If anyone in your 20s is reading this, get your weight under control now!

I have an Ace bandage with an ice pack attached to it that I wrapped around the arch of my foot Monday night. It provided some relief. I decided to give Low Impact Circuit a whirl Tuesday morning. My new Nike Shox hurt my arch, but my new Ryka cross training shoes were nice and cushy. I felt like I was stepping on pillows! I did the upper body circuit premix for the first time. Fun, fun, fun! I love this premix. It includes the bonus cardio segment, which makes it more fun than the workout as produced. I just did Butts and Guts Monday and did not need another lower body workout.

I think these Ryka Intensity XT cross training shoes are my favorite workout shoes. If they stand the test of time, I may actually be able to pack one pair of workout shoes for the Road Trip! I need to take the shoes I no longer love to the consignment shop. Speaking of which, I called the consignment shop and learned that they sold some of my shoes and have $55.00 waiting for me! That is more money for my Road Trip fund. The annual sales tax holiday in Texas will be the weekend before the Road Trip, so I can go shopping for workout clothes and shoes!

This was an unplanned rest day due to my arch pain. Kick Max was on my rotation, and I realized that the low impact premix was not even a good idea. My friend Rebecca (who is a nurse) suggested that I rest my foot for a few days, and I think she may be right.

I fell asleep last night with an ice pack strapped to my foot and woke up in the middle of the night with a frozen foot! I had to crawl to a warm bath to thaw it out! That was my first lesson of the day. My second lesson was learned tonight when I went shopping for comfortable shoes to wear to work. Ugly and comfortable can be had for cheap, but cute and comfortable is expensive! I have been testing a pair of Dankso clogs that a friend gave me. They have excellent arch support but are hard as rocks overall. They make my feet hurt and my toes go numb. I found a pair of Josef Seibel sandals that are cute and cushy with good arch support. I paid $110.00 for them, but oh well. I looked at them in March and decided that they were too pricey. It is amazing how fast the credit card jumps out of the wallet when you are in pain!

Jean, do I need to send an ark up there?

Wendy, I hope you endured the graduation ceremony.

Blessings,
Heather B.

Well today became another rest day, but I think I will head out for a walk with the dogs. I stayed up too late last night, got up this morning for a normal workout, went upstairs, turned on the TV and laid on the couch.

Heather, sorry to hear about the feet issues. Hope they resolve soon. As for the rain, we are scheduled for some rain each day for the next few days. We were barely able to mow the yard yesterday. The ground is so wet, that in parts, I left footprints.

How's the graduation go?

any body got any weekend plans? I think we are going to a baseball game if the weather holds out.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.