Today I did the "macarena" ...ha ha ...

Debinmi

Cathlete
Today I revisited an older step workout ... Step Fit (1997?) ... the macarena is incorporated into the cooldown segment. :D Ha ha .... couldn't help but smile along with the "girls" . The other moves were rather fun! I haven't done this step workout in 2 years. Cathe has sooo many workouts to entertain/work us!

Step Fit (1997?) ... the macarena is incorporated into the cooldown segment
Of course, after this thread, I had to go & blend a 19 min. Step workout:). Wanted to
keep it short & easier, so I took the warmup from Step Sync, the Macarena cool down
from Step Fit and a stretch from Shred Cardio (F/S). :)

Of course, after this thread, I had to go & blend a 19 min. Step workout:). Wanted to
keep it short & easier, so I took the warmup from Step Sync, the Macarena cool down
from Step Fit and a stretch from Shred Cardio (F/S). :)
Sounds fun ... that Macarena cool-down didn't qualify as a cool-down for me . . It was part of the workout!

I haven't done this step workout before, but I do remember how to do the Macarena. Will have to check it out. Currently I can't do step workouts using the step, due to hip tendonitis, so I've been doing them on the floor. Even with just the platform, the up-down motion hurts after a few minutes, but I can get through 30-40 minutes doing a workout without the step.

I haven't done this step workout before, but I do remember how to do the Macarena. Will have to check it out. Currently I can't do step workouts using the step, due to hip tendonitis, so I've been doing them on the floor. Even with just the platform, the up-down motion hurts after a few minutes, but I can get through 30-40 minutes doing a workout without the step.
Try a "blender" and do the cool-down on the floor... it'd probably be just as fun!

I put together a blended workout including the warmup, cool down, and stretch from Step Fit, approx. 29 minutes. While I can do the macarena, putting it together with the footwork is no joke. Even though I wasn't using a step, just moving my feet at the same time kept putting me off, especially with the step knee at the end. Also, I'm used to only leading with the right arm, so leading with the left was confusing. I got it in the end, but it definitely was a brain challenge. :)

I put together a blended workout including the warmup, cool down, and stretch from Step Fit, approx. 29 minutes. While I can do the macarena, putting it together with the footwork is no joke. Even though I wasn't using a step, just moving my feet at the same time kept putting me off, especially with the step knee at the end. Also, I'm used to only leading with the right arm, so leading with the left was confusing. I got it in the end, but it definitely was a brain challenge. :)
Thanks for blendering ... now I know if I want a quick, fun cardio I can do this! I think both segment 1 & 2 are about 10-15 min each (the Workout Manager doesn't break these older step workouts down).

I finally got the arms moves, and I find myself at any given moment, just running thru
them so I hopefully don’t forget them. :). Probably when I actually do them in the routine,
I will be all over the place!!!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.