The Step Cathe uses in Slow and Heavy

I'll tell you this guys on the Super Stepper, you CANNOT get a replacement riser! I have tried for 4 days, contacted retailers, the company, Escalade Sporting goods, who makes it, and no one will or can help me. :( I'm very disappointed in this company.

Hi Mindi,

If you don't mind me asking how come you need a replacement riser? Was your defective? I am only asking because I have one on backorder. And if this is a cheaply made piece of equipment I may just cancel my backorder if it is not worth it. Any opinions on the super step? Thanks

Hi Mindi!

I have E-mailed the company I bought our SuperSteppers from. I asked them if the sell the risers separately and how much. I will let you know after I hear back from them. Hang in there! There has to be ONE out there!

yYour-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hi Mindi!

Debbie! You are an angel! THANK YOU!

No there's nothing wrong w/the quality, I bought it from EBAY and it came w/only 3 risers. :( Who would've thought it'd be like trying to change the Earth's rotation just to get another riser?

I can use it w/2 but I'd really like the 4 to make it taller, its my weightbench!

RE: Hi Mindi!

Thanks for letting me know Mindi. I guess I will keep mine on backorder than. I'm sorry about the hard time you are having trying to find another riser. Did you know that it only had 3 risers before you bought it? Or did the ebay seller kindly left that info out? Maybe you should try contacting the seller if you have not already. Good luck.

Mindi-Me again!

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't heard back from them yet. They are usually very prompt. They may not be in on the weekends. I'll post as soon as I hear something.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Mindi-Me again!

Kila the seller kindly left that info out! I contacted him again and he swears it was there but it wasn't! So I left him a rather less than glowing review. I could dispute payment I suppose w/my CC company but I guess for the price I paid I can still use it. It would be more convenient to have the unit higher for weight training tho.

Debbie you're the best. :) Thank you again!

RE: Mindi-Me again!

Hi Mindi,

I can't believe the nerve of some people. I am sorry that this has happened to you. This is why I am a little nervous about buying from ebay. Good luck with your hunt for a replacement riser.

Mindi--sorry about your eBay experience

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-02 AT 01:15PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Mindi, I hope you don't mind my saying this but I bid on that same auction that you won and have been watching your posts with interest over the past few weeks both prior to and after your win. I feel like I need to de-lurk and put in my .02 cents.

I was the first bidder on this but was outbid early on. However I assumed (correctly, apparently) that it only had 3 risers but don't remember if I concluded this from the picture or from the text or both. Please reconsider your criticism of the seller.

I was, however, very curious to see if you would ever be able to find extra risers for it. I am so sorry that you haven't been successful despite your exhaustive efforts so far. I'll bet though that you will be successful, eventually. This step is not very well known yet, I had never even heard of it until I read a thread on the Ya-Ya's about it and saw the link to Palosports.com. I was just wondering though if you could put it on top of a regular step to elevate it. If this is not feasible, you could probably just resell it on eBay as there were other interested bidders, many of whom just want/need a lower step/bench.

Again, I hope I haven't offended you with my post. I know I have purchased a lot of things off of ebay and had only a very small % not turn out to be quite the bargain I expected. So novices to eBay needn't be scared off. However, I have made more than my fair share of "lemonade" and ended up, unexpectedly satisfied. I sincerely hope this is the case for you. I do think you got a SMOKIN' deal on that step even with just 3 risers and think you can probably use it just fine as is.

Super Step

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-02 AT 01:23PM (Est)[/font][p]Hey All -

I bought the Super Step from sportsunlimited.com - I was very disappointed in the step. The mat wasn't properly glued down and curled up. Also - one of the risers was defective. I was considering just using super glue on the mat and just try to get another riser. I called sportsunlimited to see if they could send me just the riser. They said they couldn't because the company doesn't make extra risers. I assumed the step was manufactured by THE STEP company since their logo appears on the box. So I called them - they said they do not manufacture it. That's when I found out about Escalade. They do not sell extra steps either. Grrrrrr! Soooooo - to make a long story short - I finally sent the step back to sportsunlimited and got a refund.

I'll use my original step as a bench for now - at least I can call THE STEP company to get extra risers if needed. However - I might buy a regular weight bench that will incline and decline. I found several from bigfitness.com that I might consider.

Anyway - sorry for the lonnnnng story. :)

Kali

RE: Mindi--sorry about your eBay experience

No you haven't offended me, it was my own mistake for not realizing that the picture was accurate. Instead I expected it in bold print I guess about the lack of one riser, and I should've been paying more attention to the picture. After the fact the guy told me he bought it at a garage sale just like that w/only 3 and got very snotty w/me even tho I asked him nicely about the extra riser. While I may have not paid enough attention to the picture, I didn't expect such a nasty reply.

Palosports were the only ones who actually attempted to help by informing me of the name of the company who made it and giving me a phone number to begin the search.

I'm going to keep it anyway.

I found it at thefitnessstore.com for 89.95. It says it comes with 4 risers. just so you know! :) Susan

Update for Mindi!

Hi Mindi! I am so sorry but I don't think the news is good. Here is the response I got back:

Hi Debbie,
Hope all is well.
Unfortunately I dont sell or have any extra risers, they only come with the stepper.
You could call the distributor directly, perhaps they can help.
Escalade Sports: 1-800-457-3373
Let me know the outcome..

Sincerely;
ZeZor DeForce

I am assuming since you contacted Escalade, that you have already tried this avenue! :-( I'll keep my eyes open should I see any risers at garage sales, thrift shops or wherever. I think it may be awhile because the steps are so new. I, too, would have been soo disappointed to have received only three! At least you can use an incline position with what you have, but I know it is very low to use for a weight bench with only two. Hang in there, maybe an extra riser will pop up somewhere!!! Wish I had better news for you.

(P.S.I decided to try the 1-800 number just to see what they told me and they directed me to [http://www.fwonline.com] I called them since I had their number and they said they only got one in as a sample but decided NOT to stock them. I asked if I could buy the sample and she said that one of the employees already bought it! :-( Oh boy! Good Luck!)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Update for Mindi!

Debbie! That was so wonderful of you! I thank you SO VERY MUCH for doing all that work for me! If I can ever help you out, just ask! :)

Thank you again! You're a very generous soul and I very much appreciate all you did for me!

Thank YOU Mindi

I'm glad I could help. Just wish I had gotten better results. Like I said, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. Thank you for the very kind words! :-shy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.