The Step Cathe uses in Slow and Heavy

Thanks Nancy, I want to use it as a bench only, I don't do step routines because of a knee problem. The step is moveable so I can use it in my bedroom or in the living room, etc. :)

Hi Mindi,

I got mine at www.buyfitnessstuff.com just after Christmas. With s&h I believe it totaled $99.
It really is nice to have when doing weight work, it's taller than using my step + all the risers (8in), and you can stack the 4 riser platforms to use as a stool for PS Series sit & stand squats, or just for a stool when doing seated weight work. Each riser is 5" and the platform is 5.5", so as a bench, it stands 15.5"

Donna

Thanks Donna!

Boy, I learn something new here every day! My DH & I both have the SuperStep, but I never realized you could use JUST the risers for a seat or stool. Thanks for the idea! I guess I'm sooo used to the risers for the Club Step having the hole in the center. Now, THOSE would NOT work! LOL! THANKS!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Have you ever tried it with a step tape? I'm considering buying it but don't want to get a step that doesn't make sense for cardio stepping. I guess the height choices are: 5.5" or 10.5". Isn't that rather limited for a step workout, compared to the classic step that allows heights of 4", 6" or 8"? Or is the 5.5 so perfect that no variety is needed? What heights do most people use?
-Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I'm pretty sure the "super step" was meant to be just a bench unless you're willing to use just the bench portion without risers for step workouts. It is 5.5" and I've used it several times in lieu of my regular "club step" when learning a new step routine (I can be clumsy with new routines!) or even days when I want to quickly transition between cardio and setting up for weight training, once the cardio is done I just have to add the risers and keep going.
I've read prior posts where people claim to use the "super step" as a step at 10.5", but that would clearly be too much stress on my knees, so I've never entertained the idea. "Safety first!"

Donna

I really really want one of these and I don't think I can hold out any longer. Please give me feedback on the customer service, secure web site all that jazz for thefitnessstore and buyfitness stuff and karenvoigt. I remember a post a while ago that Cathe was going to start selling fitness stuff and if she is going to sell this, I would rather spend my money at cathe.com

thanks for any info
-joy

I looked at the step on the Karen Voight website and it doesn't say what brand it is or give much information about it. If it is NOT the Super Stepper Bench I would avoid it. I have a Resist-A-Ring and a pilates mat that I ordered from that website that are lower quality than I expected for the price paid. I haven't ordered from thefitnessstore, so can't offer any comments, but at least it is THE Super Stepper Bench. Good luck!
-Nancy

Thanks Nancy. I'm working on the fitness store website now and i'm about to order. i'm always a little wary of giving cc info on the internet...
-joy

Hi, Joy!

I got my Super Steppers from [http://www.BuyFitnessStuff.com]Their E-mail is [email protected] If you decide to E-mail them, direct your attention to Zezor. He is the gentleman that helped me. Very, very nice & he helped me with any questions or concerns I had. The customer service is excellent. They were back-ordered for some time and he kept me up to date while I waited. Good Luck and tell him DebbieH says HELLO!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hi, Joy!

Thanks DebbieH, but alas, I just ordered with thefitnessstore so I won't be able to extend your greeting to Zezor.

Actually I couldn't get their web site to go "secure" so I called them (not an 800 #) and when I told them what I wanted to order they asked if I was Joy (I had not cleared my shopping cart) I told them I didn't put my cc # in because of the security thing. He took the cc info over the phone and said they would ship today.

OH BOY a new toy.
-joy

Joy let me know how you like that step when you get it. I'm using the Reebok step now and its just a hair too short for my torso. I'm cursed w/a long torso, short legs. 'sigh' LOL

WOWee, Mindi $36. That is a deal.

I'm hoping mine comes today. I even juggled my rotation so that I could try it tomorrow. I know what you mean about being a little too long for the regular step. I have The Step step and when I lie down on it either my head barely on one end or my feet are barely on the other end. Also, I'm hoping to be able to stack the risers and use them as a sit 'n stand seat and that sort of thing.
-joy
ps sorry it takes me so long to reply

No problem Joy! Sometimes life makes it difficult to surf our fav. websites. LOL Yes I got a good price on the step, but he got me on shipping! Oh well! I'll keep you posted on my step progress, its been shipped! Yippee!

Hey Mindi,
I responded to your original post so this wouldn't get lost...I don't really know when to reply to a reply and when to reply to the original. Sometimes I have trouble following the order of events in a post because of replies to a reply, if you know what I mean...

anyway...

Here is the story....
Well, all day I kept checking the ups shipping/tracking on-line. All day it was "out for delivery"
I got home from work a little early (4pm). Nothing.
I did this and that for about an hour. Nothing.
Around 5:15 as I was preparing dinner...a knock on the door.
The dog started barking. The cat ran and hid. I jerked and shouted, "I'll get it!" The husband ducked and cowered out of my way. The shrimp sizzled in the pan.

I opened the door and THERE IS THE UPS GUY who is backing away from the door and the snarling barking dog. And there is my Great Big Box!!

So with a Great Big Smile on my face I slammed the door in the dog's face, signed for the box and babbled at the UPS guy about how happy I was to see him. Needless to say, the UPS guy couldn't figure out if he was more afraid of the barking toy poodle or the obviously crazy lady...

So now about the Super Step. I don't think it is one milimeter longer than The Step. It is a little taller (higher) and it is easier to move around because the risers have that 'handle' Now I really like it even if it isn't longer... I love toys. I could do step on it using the one riser height but I probably won't because I usually step at 8". I do believe I can use the risers stacked for sit and stands but I'm not sure about step ups. What I really like is that the risers don't occupy as much floor space as the step risers. I have limited space and this little bit extra allows me to set my weights at each side of the bench between sets. Oh and I did S&H chest and back this morning and when you go to the incline presses and flyes, the bench is more stable than the step with the risers removed.

And it looks so cool.

So that is my report.

I am waiting for your report.

-joy :)

LOLOL what a great report! I can just see the UPS guy wondering if he should just run for his life! LOL

I do hope the step is a FEW inches longer that my Rebook step! I have the black/gray one and its a bit too short for me. But you're right, the superstep DOES look cool, and maybe that's all that matters. LOLOL

Thanks for letting me know!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.