Suicide Runs in BC

Rhea

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

Quick question for you about the Suicide Runs in Boot Camp, 4DS; about how far/long is the distance? I haven't been able to gauge my distance. Either I'm really slow or I am running and placing the weights too far apart. I end up with about 2-3 laps less than you and the crew. I know I'm slower (running on carpet, don't want to snag those knees), but I didn't think I was that bad. If I am that slow, I need to know so I can crank it up a notch or two. Thanks and love the new workouts now that I back up to speed. I also am looking forward to the periodization workouts. I'll be ready for them by the time they are completed.

:7

And actually after thinking about it for a while, it is more than just a couple of laps; more like 4-6....(oh, that's just sad LOL)

Honestly - I'm too busy running back and forth to count my laps as compared to theirs. I don't think the number of laps matter as much as getting a killer workout, and that I certainly do... :+

The number of laps dosen't matter....I love the suicide runs their my favorite...it reminds me of bastketball pratice....that's were I learned that working out can be fun(it was more fun than the games for me...less stress more fun).

Hey Rhea! I run slower than Cathe and crew too but I just try my best to run as fast as I can in the time allotted. And I ignore the tv when doing it. :D

Oh, I totally ignore the tv. But when I've caught glances, all my weights are always on the other side!! LOL Oh well, I'm probably okay on my distance, just slow.:+

These things make my dog so happy. Did this for the second time today, and she was bounding by my side as I went back and forth. She thinks Mom is playing with her.

RE: Dorothy!

Oh too funny!

My animals have learned to ignore me, well except the kitty that likes to lay on her back in the middle of the floor and watch me. I have to either shoo her or work around her.

My kitty loves it when I do planks and stretches. When I do planks, he walks all around me and under me. Good incentive to not collapse and hurt the kitty! When I stretch he either stretches, too, or follows my hands trying to get me to pet him. He's very adorable. He thinks I'm on the floor to commune with him. :)

April

Rosie usually does ignore me, but those suicides just are too much for her to pass up. she also likes to snuffle my hair during crunches. Must like the sweat I guess. She has learned to stay far, far away during kick boxing though.

Hi Rhea G! Don't worry about the distance, the laps, the spacing of weights, or any of us. This is a race with yourself. Just listen to me say "GO" and run like a mad woman without looking up. When I say "TIME" ...stop, catch your breath and wipe the sweat from your brow. That's all you have to do :7

I'm not as fast as the crew but I really enjoy the suicide runs. Plus they totally crack up my 2 year old grandson, he just stands in the doorway and laughs at his grandma!!!!! :)

very entertaining

my boys love the suicide run part! They are 4 and 20 months and love to watch me do the Boot Camp part from 4DS...esp. because I use their toy cows as markers for this vid. my baby thinks it's hysterical that I'm running like a crazy woman, tossing his "moo moos" back and forth!
BTW-Cathe I love this set!!!
:D julie

RE: very entertaining

Tossing "moo-moos"....too funny!

I guess I'd better run like a mad woman....I know I'm running, but not like a made woman....better notch it up! Thanks Cathe

I love the animal stories too, aren't they just too cute? My kitty also thinks I'm "communing" during crunches and stretches.

Have a great day everyone!

I use cat toys as my markers!! :p

I will now forever think of "tossing moo-moos" when I'm doing the suicides, LOL. Thanks!:+

Hmm, I never thought of using anything else other than the weights. If I used the cat toys (which there are plenty, believe me ;) ) maybe my little tubby cats would play with me during the suicide runs! My two girls have their "winter" flub and are being lazy all day. My big boy never puts on extra weight, so he'll stay away.

Do these make anyone else dizzy like they do me? Will that dizziness ever go away or will I have to deal with it every time I do these? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tracee

Tracee:

They made me dizzy as well. I try and keep my head up as much as possible and that seemed to help.

Marcy

try to turn the alternate way each time you run back and forth (so if you turn right at one end of the room as you grab the weights, turn left when you return to that same end of the room)...sort of sounds counterintuitive, but I find it balances you out..eliminates the feeling of going in a circle, which makes me dizzy....least it does for me...hope it helps

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.